Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 03:29 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,487,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yes, because their appetite is automatically regulated. When they eat their low fat diet the energy reaches their cells; they feel full; and then they stop.

I'd be full for hours too but my energy levels would tend to sag. I'd also need to watch watch what I eat.

Ya think? Proteins with sugars surge insulin levels. A lean piece of chicken breast and rice doubles the insulin response of rice alone. And mono sodium glutamate also jacks insulin levels beyond belief. That would be less consequential if eating again meant just more rice and lean meat. Unfortunate its a completely devastating meal.

"Complete meals" are not good diets.
My energy level doesn't sag at all. In fact, my energy level is pretty high after a workout followed by a meal.

As for "complete meals" of protein, carbs, and fats not being good diets, says who again?

Like I've said ad nauseum, however anecdotal a person may say it is, I look and feel great and at the end of the day that's all that matters to me. I keep it simple like that. However I eat is enough to keep me fit, strong, and keep my health issues in check so I'm fine with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 04:28 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When I hear this I think that people must mean the obvious "bad" carbs like refined sugar, bread, pasta, rice, cutting back on the corn and potatoes.

I mean you can't cut out carbs all together, even greens and veggies have some carbs and you can't eat just meat and eggs so really there isn't a way to completely cut out carbs, it's just the insulin spiking ones we wanna limit.
Some people eat no plants at all, only animals or animal products.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:13 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Sounds boring and not to mention nutritionally deficient. When people enter phase 1 of Atkins it's advised to take a vitamin supplement during that phase of the diet because it's so restrictive.

Whatever, people can eat what they want. I am highly leery of diets that are too specific like a meat or animal product only diet. From what I've heard and read the Mediterranean diet seems pretty well rounded.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,823,755 times
Quote:
How horrifying.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:56 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Really like what?

Here is a snickers bar:

https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-n...c/snickers-bar

Perhaps you'd like to explain the difference between having that healthy potato and healthy brie cheese together.

That would be more like potato chips, and we all know potato chips are nothing like a candy bar, don't we?
Potato, baked, flesh and skin, without salt Nutrition Facts & Calories

If you can read, you'll see the difference.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,649,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
So what? the carb/insulin hypothesis has already been debunked many times over. The fact of the matter is the healthiest and longest living populations on Earth eat a high percentage of their diet as carbohydrates. Some as high as 90% of their diet is insulin spiking/high GI carbs.
Go for it. Effects of Diabetes on Americans is well documented.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:23 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,649,439 times
Glycemic Index Rating
Because potatoes are comprised of more than 92 percent carbohydrates -- in the form of sugar and starch -- they are relatively high on the glycemic-index scale. The glycemic index rates foods on a scale of 1 to 100 based on how quickly they raise your blood sugar levels. Foods closer to 100 elevate your blood sugar more quickly than foods on the lower end of the scale. Mashed potatoes and boiled white potatoes are 82 and 87 on the glycemic scale, respectively. Sweet potatoes are a little lower, having a glycemic index rating of 70, according to Harvard Medical School.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Hmmmmm. That is how I felt when I was low carb and ate what Peachsalsa does. I felt like crap most of the time. I couldn't get a good workout in for the life of me.
Again, I have no idea what a "low carb" diet means without details. There are many ways to go wrong with any new diet. Imagine eating carrots for the first time if you didn't know what it was. Do you eat the seeds, the stalk, flower , and why is the root so tough(because it already bolted).

Quote:
Contrary to what you might believe there is no 'one size fits all' type of dieting. Sure you can start talking about how the body processes certain foods but that does not tell the whole story.
Well I pretty much don't believe much of anything you say because its nothing but personal anecdotes with few details. It is far more likely you didn't follow it.

Quote:
A whole lot of folks do quite well not going low carb high fat.
Yeah thats what I keep saying. Did you miss that for the 20th time I said it? Can you read on your diet?

There are many carbohydrate based traditional diets that did not cause health problems. The main problem is the affluent, balanced, fusion diets that at best are overcome.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Do you have any clue what is being discussed?

Having a potato is not the same as having a potato on a ketogenic diet, which means you are combining it with fats, and even saturated fats. Are you going to rattle on endless nonsense? Do you know what the goal is an what the metabolic effects are ? "Nope, I'll just babble on the Internet"...

Last edited by gwynedd1; 04-27-2017 at 09:19 PM..

Old 04-27-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Better add organ meat to that. The risk of gout, kidney and liver problems goes up without raw vegetables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness