Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 04:49 PM

484 posts, read 854,915 times

Advertisements

I bought load of Walmart clothes by Norma Kamali when she did a few seasons for them and got rave reviews from people. Also there no boundaries NOBO line is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I like Target clothes more than Walmart. Walmart is not very fashion forward. I probably have a bias, since Walmart is a little far for me. And there are 2 closer Targets. I am more likely to be passing the Targets than the Walmart.

Sears, is surprisingly good. I hadn't been there in forever. But I had some time to kill one day, and I decided to head in and see what they had. I liked the Uk Style line by French Connection, and about 1/3 of the things in the Kardashian Collection surprisingly.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times
I love Target for basics, especially when it comes to buying white shirts for the summer.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM

308 posts, read 897,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I still stand by Express. Most people shopping in their aren't teenagers, it's usually women in their 20's. H&M is the one swarming with teens, well it's swarming with everyone . I know I'm not the only one who still likes Express, because most of my friends love Express and we are all in our 20's.
In my personal opinion, what you said is not an argument for Express, its an argument against women in their 20s.

I just turned 29 and I absolutely hate Express with passion, while I loved it when I was in my late teens (frankly, because I didn't know any better than wearing a cheap polo with a big lion on it). I hated AE and A&F even in my late teens LOL.

lets just agree to disagree and please dont even get me started on Walmart, it is just advocating for settling for mediocrity. believe me, I am not one of those "I wear only Armani" snobs, but for the love of god, dont advocate for Walmart.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:28 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrOrange View Post
In my personal opinion, what you said is not an argument for Express, its an argument against women in their 20s.

I just turned 29 and I absolutely hate Express with passion, while I loved it when I was in my late teens (frankly, because I didn't know any better than wearing a cheap polo with a big lion on it). I hated AE and A&F even in my late teens LOL.

lets just agree to disagree and please dont even get me started on Walmart, it is just advocating for settling for mediocrity. believe me, I am not one of those "I wear only Armani" snobs, but for the love of god, dont advocate for Walmart.
So most women in their 20's don't know any better?

It's just clothing. I can't get as fired up as you over clothing. I'll save that energy and passion for things with depth like education and family.

Honestly if Walmart and Target work for you, shop there. I have 2 pairs of yoga pants for target I have had for 3 years and they are barely faded and still have a lot of life in them.

I'm not above shopping at these places and clearly most of the United States isn't either.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:35 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I was happy to see them open up here in Dallas but I don't shop there anymore; the stores are disorganized and messy, the staff are rude and snotty, you have to wait forever for a dressing room, you have to wait forever again to pay for your purchases, and the stores' ambiance is terrible...full of whining, doughy-legged teenagers in ridiculously short shorts and Uggs sighing loudly at their mothers while they text furiously, or full of very rambunctious young children of blue collar women who ignore their kids terrorizing the whole store as they carefully and wearily scrutinize every item on the clearance rack, then put it back in the wrong place. Old Navy is the same way, but there's more of them so at least the intensity of the annoyingness isn't as bad as it is in a joint like H&M.
Oh wow.

You have a social satirist's eye for detail, no mistaking it. I congratulate you.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Oh wow.

You have a social satirist's eye for detail, no mistaking it. I congratulate you.

Thanks. Must be the sloppy ponybun.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:18 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Oh wow.

I know, that post was hilarious.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
It's like a forever 21 or JC penny clothes, same quality. I guess it's ll in marketing.
It's called 'herding the sheep'. H&M and similarly-marketed stores are merely corrals. It won't be long and H&M will fall out of fashion and the herd will be corraled somewhere else new and shiny.

When I was younger, I lived on a whitetailed deer farm during weekends and summers. We would herd deer through 'fence tunnels' to get them where we wanted and needed them. In regard to marketing concepts, this is how I see those running the show treating consumers. It's brilliant.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
It's called 'herding the sheep'. H&M and similarly-marketed stores are merely corrals. It won't be long and H&M will fall out of fashion and the herd will be corraled somewhere else new and shiny.

When I was younger, I lived on a whitetailed deer farm during weekends and summers. We would herd deer through 'fence tunnels' to get them where we wanted and needed them. In regard to marketing concepts, this is how I see those running the show treating consumers. It's brilliant.
You're one pretentious Debbie downer. People don't go shopping to find enlightenment, it's just fun. No need to act like youre the star of a classic Apple commercial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty