Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,488,743 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to mention that LUSH does use "chemical crap" in about 1/3 of their products. They use two preservatives, methylparaben and propylparaben.

Source: http://www.lushusa.com/shop/about/fresh-ingredients/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,723,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Does anyone have any more feedback on the Boots 7 that they were talking about a few months ago on here?

I love Boots No 7. In fact I found it, a whole line of Boots at Target last week . Couldn't believe my eyes. I like the whole product line.

But I love the moisturizer best, No 7 Advanced Hydration Day Fluid. Smooth, light, not greasy, very nice product. About $15 at Target. I like it better than any other moisturizer I've ever used.

I bought some other Boots cosmetics as well that I hadn't used before. I liked them all. Well priced, good quality line of skin care and cosmetics.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:34 PM

513 posts, read 2,111,576 times
Retin A has done wonders for my skin. It has taken a while (using it every night for a year), but my skin is unbelievable. At 43, I really have very few wrinkles (and I was a MAJOR tanner) and I always get asked what I use on my skin. And I now use tons of sunscreen every day!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I just wanted to mention that LUSH does use "chemical crap" in about 1/3 of their products. They use two preservatives, methylparaben and propylparaben.

Source: LUSH Cosmetics: About LUSH > Fresh Ingredients
No really?! Wow!

What I mean by chemical crap is this:
[SIZE=2] WATER/EAU
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE
BUTYLENE GLYCOL
SILICA
THIODIPROPIONIC ACID
PETROLATUM
CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE
PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE
MELIA AZADIRACHTA FLOWER EXTRACT
PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3
PUNICA GRANATUM FRUIT JUICE
PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) ROOT EXTRACT
FOENICULUM VULGARE (FENNEL) FRUIT EXTRACT
FOENICULUM VULGARE (FENNEL) SEED EXTRACT
SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE
SACCHAROMYCES LYSATE EXTRACT
PHOSPHOLIPIDS
LACTOFERRIN
SACCHAROMYCES FERMENT FILTRATE
GLYCINE MAX (SOYBEAN) SYMBIOSOME EXTRACT
GLUCOSAMINE HCL
UREA
ALGAE EXTRACT
YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE
ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT
CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT
HYDROGENATED LECITHIN
CHOLESTEROL
Amyris balsamifera bark oil
Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil
Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower oil
Cupressus Sempervirens Leaf/Nut/Stem Oil
Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) flower oil
Olibanum
Mentha piperita (Peppermint) oil
GLYCERIN
PROPYLENE GLYCOL
DIMETHICONE
DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER
TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE
DISODIUM EDTA
ISOPROPYLPARABEN
DIAZOLIDINYL UREA
BUTYLPARABEN
ISOBUTYLPARABEN
STEARETH-20
SODIUM HYDROXIDE

(BTW, those are the ingredients in an Avon product)

Not to mention both of the "chemicals" in a 1/3 of Lush products are safe for food and are used in most products.
[/SIZE]

Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
Gotta be PABA free jerry

Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,201 times
TCA Chemical peels and Obagi.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:33 PM

973 posts, read 3,304,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
TCA Chemical peels and Obagi.
The TCA peels work great once you find the right % to use for your own skin since everyone handles them differently. It helped my fine lines but I looked like a had a sunburn for a few days, along with peeling skin.

I LOVE the "Boots" line of products @ Target.

I read an article recently that said the new Oil of Olay products were just as good as using Retin A but w/o the flaking often associated w/ using a Retinoid product.

Remember folks, all the goop on our faces will help but the best defense is a good offense. Lay the foundation w/ proper diet and plenty of water. The nutrients in food are the building blocks of good skin and proper hydration keeps skin supple.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,482 times
I would really warn against Chemical peels as there are so many natural and cheeper methods out there that people are just not awear of.

Many products claim to offer smother, more toned skin, instant tighter skin, and a reduction in facial wrinkles. The market is full of wild claims and miracle cures that are just untrue and don’t work. Many get conned into paying more than they should.

Believe me I have tried them all. I longed for a skin tightener that would give me the results I so desired. I wanted too look and feel better about my face, please my partner and feel confident when at work or out shopping or with friends.

After lots of disappointment and spending allot of time and money, I finally found the skin care product for the job. Its called Belisi and was recomended from a great face cream review site.

Check it out it was incredibly usefull for me.

http://www.instant-skin-tightener-reviews.com/index.html

Old 03-07-2009, 11:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,482 times
Lightbulb Better method than chemical peel!!

Many products claim to offer smother, more toned skin, instant tighter skin, and a reduction in facial wrinkles. The market is full of wild claims and miracle cures that are just untrue and don’t work. Many get conned into paying more than they should.

Believe me I have tried them all. I longed for a skin tightener that would give me the results I so desired. I wanted too look and feel better about my face, please my partner and feel confident when at work or out shopping or with friends.
After lots of disappointment and spending allot of time and money, I finally found the skin care product for the job.

Belisi RX Skin Tightener instantly delivers dermatologist results similar to treatments that require multiple applications and significant waiting to take effect.

I found it through a great face cream review site.

Check it out here http://www.instant-skin-tightener-reviews.com

Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,612,132 times
That 70$ for a very tiny bottle. It BETTER be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty