Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Pleeeeeease, there is no auto correct in this software. If there was you would not have the error in spelling that I marked in bold, in your first quote.

Not doing a spell check, or preview before hitting "Submit" will just make you look foolish to others.
Some people send their posts directly from their smart phones, which DO have auto-correct. And their interface may not allow editing from those devices.

Also, since you're being so hard on other people for their mistakes, I'll point out that when using the subjunctive mood, it's proper to say, "if there were," not "if there was."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 09:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I wear dresses or skirts about 70% of the time. Considering so many women's pants don't have pockets anymore, I default to carrying a purse. (And I like carrying a purse.)

I also hate wearing pants when it rains (winter = rain here in the Bay Area). Damp pants are the bane of my existence, I'd prefer the skirts or dresses that are easily covered up by your jacket and a pair of boots.

My legs also stay warmer than the rest of me, so as long as it is over 40, wearing a skirt isn't a problem.

I think one of the reasons I probably ended up gravitating to skirts and dresses is that they are easier for me to find proper fit compared with pants. There might be a relationship. Not so sure. Apparently I only wore dresses at age 5.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
So you are both delicate and religious?

Pleeeeeease, there is no auto correct in this software. If there was you would not have the error in spelling that I marked in bold, in your first quote.

Not doing a spell check, or preview before hitting "Submit" will just make you look foolish to others.

On topic. Wife was a Assistant VP for Aetna Life Insurance Co. when she retired. Only wore skirts to upper level meetings, otherwise it was slacks. I don't think she even has one in her closet any longer.
Have you never touched an iPhone?

It's all I post from, it's screen is large yet at the same time you try reading back on a screen that keeps wanting to automatically zoom back to your current point instead of let you read back.

I also just tried typing wea and it doesn't finish it as wear because it could also be weather or something.

And no I am neither hence the mini skirt and short strapless summer dresses.

I answered the question honestly, I said women who hardly wear pants remind me of delicate religious women. That's just the image that pops in my head, like those religions where the women never cut their hair or wear pants.

You seem to take too much stock in what I say. That's so silly.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Yeah there is a huge difference, women who wea only skirts are more "delicate" and religious.

I like dresses and skirts but I'm more of a mini skirt or short summer strapless dress kind of person so not like conversation dresses.

That is a container of poo

The ONLY difference between the women who wear slacks/pants and dresses/skirts only is what they wear is their preference for comfort, convenience and their career. Other than that, no.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:36 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
That is a container of poo

The ONLY difference between the women who wear slacks/pants and dresses/skirts only is what they wear is their preference for comfort, convenience and their career. Other than that, no.
Yeah more than likely but out in CO there was this huge group of women they didn't cut their hair or wear pants. Like the duggars.

I moved back to the south and I've seen a few groups of women out like that. The super long skirts and really long hair.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:59 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,013 times
Trousers are more comfortable of course however every woman should have at least some dresses to wear to go to church, to school functions or any important occasions. I know some women who result to borrowing a dress when they have to attend a formal gathering because they do not have a single dress. It is sad because seems like they have already forgotten that they are women.

In my country, most of the women just wear Jeans. Women are not so feminine. They just wear Jeans and T- shirts. I can even recognize my fellow country women right away when I am in another country even just by looking from behind because they are so recognizable in their signature get up " Jeans and t- shirt ). I think they are the most underdressed women in the world.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
I don't know whether to be glad or jealous that I don't have that 'choice' to make, but considering I'm kind of a slob, it just makes things easier. Nowadays it seems pants/shorts on women is by far the majority for everyday wear. While that's totally fine it would be nice to see some variety.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,132,994 times
People should wear whatever they like. No one picks at men for their fashion choices!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
I'm a woman that only wears pants, however I would prefer to wear skirts/dresses but they look silly on me.
Same here; and I feel more comfy wearing pants.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Thumbs up Well said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
In my experience the women who wear pants are generally ones that want to be warm when it is cold outside. Or maybe want to work in the garden, on the automobile, etc. You may find these same women wearing skirts or dresses when the occasion to dress more formally arises. Not always, they may wear a suit consisting of pants. But as far as psychological differences, outside of being young and being a tomboy, I can't really see any. My wife, well, it is mostly pants when the weather is inclement or cold. Skirts/dress occasionally. But I love her just as well. Whatever makes her happy.
Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty