Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 10:10 PM

318 posts, read 625,617 times

Advertisements

You know you're good looking when you've got more people wanting to please you, wanting your attention, things come more easily to you etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 11:40 PM

9 posts, read 12,375 times
He's the "shiniest" water in a bowl full of turds.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:08 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
My litmus test as a man is a man that can get away with saying things that a less attractive man cannot say without facing social rebuke or accusations of being a creep. Men and women can deny this all day long, but there is a HUGE gray area where if you are attractive, these actions will be met positively, and if you are not attractive, these actions will be viewed negatively.

I used to make a lot of sexual jokes and innuendos, people would laugh and play along. Someone else decided to do the same thing, and he was met with anger, hostility, and people leaving his table.

Back in high school, someone complained to a coach that it was unfair that I could get away with making mildly suggestive jokes and he could not, and the coach and the girls responded that the way I did it was "tasteful" and the way he did it was "creepy".

I've seen it countless times sitting in the back of a social situation playing poker, observing attractive men getting away with saying things and doing things that not as attractive men could never say or do without being perceived as a creep.

It is logically inconsistent.
This.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:29 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Without good hair or a chiseled face, it's unlikely a man will be considered attractive by a high percentage of women.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:31 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post

On the other hand, some girls pay me no mind. Usually "girly girls" are the ones who pass me by, or go for the guys w bigger muscles or athletes (nothing wrong with their preference, just saying).

So, how do I know?
I personally have always been attracted to athletic type. Tall, dark and handsome. So, if a guy is not tall, dark, and handsome, physically, he will not be my type. I am only being honest, and if this honesty makes me shallow, so be it.

My girlfriend however is attracted to the geeky type. Her man is short, chubby, but super smart. He also has a cute smile. She called him the hottest man in the world. They always kiss and hug in public. So the physical attraction is definitely there. Different people have different types of physical attraction. Somebody will find you irresistible.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:29 PM

330 posts, read 544,875 times
When you get lots of attention without having to flaunt any signs of wealth/money, or open your mouth to show signs of intelligence.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
My word of advice would perhaps be to go to a gay bar and/or a gay club and see if any guys there offer to provide assistance for you.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:40 PM

89 posts, read 131,214 times
Women are not capable of being physically attracted to men.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwithknifes View Post
Women are not capable of being physically attracted to men.
Is this a joke? Serious question, for the record.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:39 PM

348 posts, read 549,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowerOfThings View Post
First of all, women are very liberals with their use of the word "cute". I've heard them describe fat guys as cute. It can even be a derogatory term since it's the opposite of manly.
True, but it also depends on how a woman says it.

"Wow, he's cute" means she's interested.

"He's cute" means she's curious.

"Awww, he's cute" is almost condescending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty