Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 05:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Dude, come on. Shorts are part and parcel of an American guys life. Khaki shorts help a guy get out during hot summer weekends and get some dirty and muscular work done comfortably with sufficient pocket space to store his tools.

I would fail to survive May-September without my Khakis. I am sure there are several guys out there who would feel the same way and refuse to give up their khaki shorts .
That is one of the ways we recognize American tourists over here

Anyway, heat never really gets to me somehow. Even at 110° I wear an A-shirt under the T-shirt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,804,861 times
Usually the high 20s centigrade (about 80F+).

Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Guys should not ever wear sleeveless other than at the gym, at the beach, or at home.

Anywhere else is just gross.
What, why? Underarm hair? What a silly rule...

I have a few singlets I wear in summer. Of course it's pretty common here in Australia, even if some people think they're a bit bogan. Usually Asian beer brands, which are basically like a souvenir when you go to Thailand or Bali lol.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I guess sleeveless season has ended for most women in Northern US. Its 47 F and overcast in NJ right now, and I am pretty sure most women would be wearing long sleeves under such conditions.

I will revive this thread once again in June, when the weather starts to heat up.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:33 AM

Women can take much colder temps than men, because of their fat depots and stuff

Old 10-09-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Women can take much colder temps than men, because of their fat depots and stuff
Not all women. Check out previous posts. There are several women with low cold tolerance levels.

It all depends on one's health habits. I never eat any meat. However, I consume a lot of pulses and rice. So my body has lots of carbs and protein to keep me energetic, but not much fat to keep me warm.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Not all women. Check out previous posts. There are several women with low cold tolerance levels.

It all depends on one's health habits. I never eat any meat. However, I consume a lot of pulses and rice. So my body has lots of carbs and protein to keep me energetic, but not much fat to keep me warm.
A vegetarian? Me too Rice is also my staple food...

Since you have energy, you can move a lot and keep warm that way

I remember being in Newcastle (Britain) in the winter, there were so many women dressed as if it were summer, the shortest of skirts and everything, crazy...

Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not criticizing YOU at all. I simply responded to the post.
I apologize for blaming you

However, you didn't accurately reply to the post. My post never asked whether you consider it appropriate for guys to wear sleeveless, it asks what temperature you feel comfortable wearing sleeveless.

I don't think both questions mean the same thing.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I've heard that women tend to have higher core temps than men, thus lower surface/skin temps which makes them feel colder on the skin so maybe that counterracts that.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I've heard that women tend to have higher core temps than men, thus lower surface/skin temps which makes them feel colder on the skin so maybe that counterracts that.
Never heard of that. Colder skin?! Maybe that's where the association woman-snake comes from
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty