Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More Attractive: Beautiful Face or Beautiful Body?
Beautiful face and average body 211 70.57%
Beautiful body and average face 88 29.43%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
someone who was known for her body but not her face, Jamie Lee Curtis.
OK, she may be "known" for her body, but do you like it...?! If I were a guy, I wouldn't go any near such a woman... She looks like butch to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 06:31 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, she may be "known" for her body, but do you like it...?! If I were a guy, I wouldn't go any near such a woman... She looks like butch to me.
Well that was my point here, I would prefer a pretty face over a hot body anyday, because I believe you can obtain a gorgeous body with exercise and eating healthy.

Do I like it? Are you asking me if I like her body? I think Jamie Lee Curtis has a great body, great rack, but the face..... Now she's not ugly, she's just plain, I guess you can call it butch

Oh, I feel so mean here, I don't mean to be! Just trying to get my point across about the OP's original question

Old 12-10-2007, 07:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Well that was my point here, I would prefer a pretty face over a hot body anyday, because I believe you can obtain a gorgeous body with exercise and eating healthy.

Do I like it? Are you asking me if I like her body? I think Jamie Lee Curtis has a great body, great rack, but the face..... Now she's not ugly, she's just plain, I guess you can call it butch

Oh, I feel so mean here, I don't mean to be! Just trying to get my point across about the OP's original question
The thing is I don't find her body even remotely hot... It's close to a bodybuilder's body - very muscular and masculine...

I can't imagine anybody (man or woman) might consider a body like the one below attractive... Not that Jamie's is like this, but it's definitely on this side...

Moderator cut: image removed

To me, an attractive female body is something similar to this one:

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 01:46 AM..

Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
The thing is I don't find her body even remotely hot... It's close to a bodybuilder's body - very muscular and masculine...

I can't imagine anybody (man or woman) might consider a body like the one below attractive... Not that Jamie's is like this, but it's definitely on this side...

Moderator cut: image removed

To me, an attractive female body is something similar to this one:

I don't think Jamie's body is remotely even close to your top photo. Here are a few pictures of her I found. I'm not a lesbian, but I think she has a hot body.

My idea of an ideal body is Naomi Campbell or Tyra Banks

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link) http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/hrtofdixie69/jamielee1.jpg (broken link) http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link) http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/hrtofdixie69/jamielee5.jpg (broken link) http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 01:46 AM..

Old 12-10-2007, 08:26 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
While it might feel good being perceived as unique , this opinion is irrelevant to the topic of the thread. I wouldn't think that any of the participants object beautiful minds. Then again... they might... if they've seen the movie.
Actually it's very relevant: It points out the lack of completeness in the polling.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 PM

605 posts, read 866,855 times
Beauty fades - dumb is forever.
Does it matter...
What gets me is the most beautiful woman I see and she is dumber than a doorknob

Old 12-11-2007, 12:16 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,663,931 times
I prefer men with well-defined, athletic bodies. Their faces are less important.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
As usual I end up drawing outside the lines.

Beautiful mind. Face and body are icing on the cake.
Thank you!!! If the person inside is unattractive, what difference does the body or the face make?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
It seems to me that anyone who wants a career in fashion modeling or film would choose having an average face and a beautiful body. So many of the successful people in the industry have blah faces without their makeup and styling. But a beautiful body is much harder to achieve, and if your body is ill-proportioned, then forget about making it outstandingly beautiful. The camera shots about the whole person and body, not just the face. And I imagine that while growing up, a person with an average looking plain face will not be as shallow as someone with a naturally beautiful face, and that plainer looking person may even study harder and use more of their brains to achieve success in life rather than coast by on their temporary youthful good looks.

Again, I'm talking about choosing an average looking (not ugly) looking face and a beautiful body.

And how are we defining an average body? The average American is overweight...

So what a let down to ones date if one had a stunning looking face but an dumpy body.

Tragic would be a beautiful face on an ugly body.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:21 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
Sorry...I am SO SELFISH, SO GREEDY....I WANT THE WHOLE PACKAGE!
Beautiful personality, beautiful face, beautiful body....Oh, wait....I already GOT that one.....My HUSBAND!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty