Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:03 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Thank you SS; interesting. However ... all the mascara products have 5 stars. Some of which I have 'tried and tossed'. Amazing, some are $30. Might try the Bobbi Brown brand, their products are very good.
I"m currently using the It Cosmetics Superhero mascara that is on that list. I really like it. I also really like Urban Decay's Perversion mascara.

so if you don't want to spend $30 on a mascara, buy the travel size instead. Mascara is only supposed to be good for about 6 months after you start using it (it starts to grow bacteria and can cause eye infections). All my mascara's are travel size, and last a little more than 6 months with daily wear. That way I can still buy high quality mascara, without having to shell out $20-$30.

Sephora sells some of their mascara in travel size, its even a search option on their website. They don't have the it cosmetics, but they do have Urban Decay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 09:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I like Better Then S*x by Too Faced
I think that is the next mascara I'm going to try, I always hear good things about it.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:16 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Please don't ever buy waterproof mascara.

ALL mascara these days is smudgeproof which is all you need. Waterproof mascara will destroy your lashes.

I lake Maybelline Great Lash.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:55 AM

619 posts, read 575,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

ALL mascara these days is smudgeproof which is all you need. Waterproof mascara will destroy your lashes.

Me too. Over the years I've tried pricier ones, but end up going back to maybelline. Imho it's the best, doesn't clump, looks great and price can't be beat. I usually get it at CVS, where they always have some kind of sale/cashback going on

Old 02-24-2017, 05:40 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I"m currently using the It Cosmetics Superhero mascara that is on that list. I really like it. I also really like Urban Decay's Perversion mascara.

so if you don't want to spend $30 on a mascara, buy the travel size instead. Mascara is only supposed to be good for about 6 months after you start using it (it starts to grow bacteria and can cause eye infections). All my mascara's are travel size, and last a little more than 6 months with daily wear. That way I can still buy high quality mascara, without having to shell out $20-$30.

Sephora sells some of their mascara in travel size, its even a search option on their website. They don't have the it cosmetics, but they do have Urban Decay.
I really like your idea of using the travel size ones. You can often get them for free when the various companies have those gift with purchase promotional deals. I like to wait until I need something that I use regularly and would buy anyway and then pick out my choice of the free items that come with it.

Thanks for sharing a great idea. I may never buy mascara again!

Old 02-24-2017, 07:20 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

That's definitely not true. I'm currently in the process of trying many different mascaras because so many of them transfer to my undereye area (I don't put mascara on my lower lashes). I just bought a waterproof the other day, and so far no transferring. Looks like I don't have a choice.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:25 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
They care IT cosmetics on their website.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:39 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Cover girl Lash blast volume. In the orange package. (I did not like the one in the green package as much.)

Old 02-24-2017, 10:08 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
Clinique High Impact. It doesn't smudge, and I like the brush. That's really what matters to me most-the brush.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:41 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Can anyone recommend mascara with a smaller applicator brush? It seems they think that the bigger the brush the longer the lashes but I much prefer the precision of something smaller than a big brush that just "globs" it on. I guess I'm looking more for length than volume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty