Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:57 PM

247 posts, read 198,201 times

Advertisements

ANY brand that sells products to China unfortunately isn't fully cruelty-free. I will be on the lookout for an ethical dupe mascara that matches my favorite L'Oreal one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 11:24 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,162,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckgrl View Post
Oh how I used to love Fulln'soft! but it's not sold in my country anymore and I've had a hard time getting it online.
I've pretty much stopped wearing mascara because I think it irritates my eyes, it's a bummer because I don't have dark lashes so I look really plain without it. Sometimes I still use a thin coating of an Almay one that was recommended for sensitive eyes.
Almay is good for sensitive eyes, just make sure that any mascara you get doesn't flake because those flakes migrate to the eye area and it will itch like crazy, also avoid glittery eyeshadows, matte eyeshadow would be best.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:55 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckgrl View Post
Oh how I used to love Fulln'soft! but it's not sold in my country anymore and I've had a hard time getting it online.
I've pretty much stopped wearing mascara because I think it irritates my eyes, it's a bummer because I don't have dark lashes so I look really plain without it. Sometimes I still use a thin coating of an Almay one that was recommended for sensitive eyes.
Have you thought about permanent eyeliner? My lashes are blonde/invisible so I looked completely dead without eyeliner/mascara. I would never go out without eye makeup before; invariably I'd run into someone I knew and it was a big thing. I was unrecognizable! Now that I have the permanent (tattooed) eyeliner, I can literally go out with NO makeup and no one stares in shock like they used to. It was one of the best things I ever did.

The last touchup was over 10 years ago so it's pretty faded; however, it still provides definition and that's what I need more than lash color. One of the best things I ever did.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:35 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
Lancome.
Any one of them.
Best mascara in the world.
Agree.

I did get a sample of MILK--kind of liking it. Putting right up there with Lancome.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:00 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunak View Post
"What are tarte's guidelines for international products?
All ingredients and finished formulas tarte uses are tested and based on US FDA requirements before being imported to the US. We only work with highly reputable laboratories and factories that meet the strictest GMP standards, which is an international grading scale for cleanliness and the environment for workers that abide by a strict code of standards. We also test each product ourselves to match our quality standards. Additionally, we are an approved PETA participant; they have audited our non-animal testing procedures."

" Is tarte cruelty free?
Yes. tarte cosmetics is a cruelty-free cosmetics line. tarte makeup and skincare is never tested on animals."
tarte is only PETA approved, not leaping bunny certified. PETA does not have rigorous yearly recertifications that leaping bunny does. their standards for being cruelty free are not as rigorous as that of leaping bunny's either. that's why, i said leaping bunny certified. i don't trust PETA's list anymore.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:26 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post

Thank you SS; interesting. However ... all the mascara products have 5 stars. Some of which I have 'tried and tossed'. Amazing, some are $30. Might try the Bobbi Brown brand, their products are very good.
That's because I only gave you links to the five-star rated "Best" mascaras. If you explore the site more, you can look at mascaras of various ratings.

Here is the link to ALL regular mascaras:

Mascaras, Regular: Beautypedia Makeup Reviews

You can sort by rating or by price. There might be some 4 star ones that work. A 4-star is still a good mascara. I'm currently using one of the 4-star ones and it's fine. I'd avoid anything that only rated 1 to 3 stars.

The site is somewhat behind in rating products, so newer mascaras and brands won't show up yet. I believe they have recently hired more reviewers, so I expect they will catch up.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:32 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
As far as cruelty-free, the Beautypedia site does tell you if the company tests on animals.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
As far as cruelty-free, the Beautypedia site does tell you if the company tests on animals.
if they only go by PETA's list, then beautypedia's information isn't as reliable either

Old 02-26-2017, 03:49 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
wow, no one is mentioning any brand that is cruelty free (leaping bunny certified) and/or organic (best if both)
Urban Decay is leaping bunny certified.

What mascara would you recommend that is cruelty free and/or organic?

Old 02-26-2017, 04:20 PM

Urban Decay is leaping bunny certified, but their products are not exactly clean. a lot of chemicals in them

i've tried a mineral fusion mascara, but i havent really worn it frequently enough to gauge its performance. i think i may have gotten one of their waterproof formulas, but i've probably worn it twice since i bought it over a year ago.

both ilia and jane iredale are leaping bunny cruelty free certified, but not sure if they try to be as organic as possible. vapour just doesn't have a mascara in their line yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty