Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 03:09 PM

710 posts, read 584,584 times

Advertisements

I'm asking because I'm considering getting it done in the future. I know that some people have had bad results or ended up looking worse after getting surgery but are there any examples of it actually benefiting someone and drastically increasesing their attractiveness? I'm also interested if anyone has any personal stories about their own experiences with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 03:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
It can smooth out a bump in your nose, or get rid of eye bags, or tighten up the skin. You can't expect drastic results unless you are willing to take the risk of looking like a plastic person, IMO.

I think the reason so many celebs look alike is because they have plastic surgery to fit a type.

If you are self conscious about a bumpy nose, eye bags or loose skin, the surgery would give you more confidence. But all the plastic surgery in the world will not change the type of person you are. So, whatever you do to yourself, you will essentially stay the same, unless you change yourself. And that kind of change takes work.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:06 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,918,635 times
Just don't go all Ray Liotta on yourself and you'll be ok.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:15 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times
If it's someone really good, it can definitely help significantly, depending on what's wrong with your appearance. It's not magic, though. You won't go from hideousness to great beauty, even with the best surgeon.

A bad surgeon can make you look extremely unnatural.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:57 PM

540 posts, read 362,809 times
Sure it can help.
Don't go overboard like Tori Spelling or Michael Jackson

Old 03-19-2017, 06:02 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
Yes, as long as you don't go overboard... For example, if you have a big nose, plastic surgery can make it smaller and fit your face more.. The people who go overboard with plastic surgery tend to look less attractive than they did before.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
If it's someone really good, it can definitely help significantly, depending on what's wrong with your appearance. It's not magic, though. You won't go from hideousness to great beauty, even with the best surgeon.

A bad surgeon can make you look extremely unnatural.
I don't know what's exactly unattractive about myself, people have just called me ugly throughout my life. I think my facial structure might be one problem. I figured I could consult with the surgeon prior to the surgery and see what he could do for me.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I don't know what's exactly unattractive about myself, people have just called me ugly throughout my life. I think my facial structure might be one problem. I figured I could consult with the surgeon prior to the surgery and see what he could do for me.
Do consults with more than one surgeon. I think it is a good idea to get input from a pro.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:29 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
We tend to know. When I was younger, I looked in the mirror and knew I could look better if I fixed my hair, my teeth and my waistlane. I did through time and now most folks would say I'm attractive even if I'm not their type persay.

I don't think alot of people are in the UGLY category, I think people just not interested in maxing out their looks. Or at least not spending the money or putting the effort. Amazing what even a pedicure, manicure and highlights can do for a women

So what are you interested in? Your face, weight?

Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
We tend to know. When I was younger, I looked in the mirror and knew I could look better if I fixed my hair, my teeth and my waistlane. I did through time and now most folks would say I'm attractive even if I'm not their type persay.

I don't think alot of people are in the UGLY category, I think people just not interested in maxing out their looks. Or at least not spending the money or putting the effort. Amazing what even a pedicure, manicure and highlights can do for a women

So what are you interested in? Your face, weight?
I'm a guy. I pretty much do everything to take care of my face, I wash it, I shave, and I get haircuts regularly. I work very hard to try to make myself more attractive but I'm never really satisfied when I look in the mirror. I never see women check me out when I go out and I've only been approached by a woman one time. I've been treated as an unattractive person for most of my life and I want to see what it's like to be on the opposite side of the spectrum, I'd literally do anything to see what it's like to be attractive and to be treated as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty