Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:40 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I don't know what's exactly unattractive about myself, people have just called me ugly throughout my life. I think my facial structure might be one problem. I figured I could consult with the surgeon prior to the surgery and see what he could do for me.

People have called you ugly to your face? Ask a trusted friend what about your appearance is "off". Is it the nose, weak chin, what?

I've told this story before when people have posted on here concerned about their looks: Back in the 90's, my assistant and I went to a customer service seminar in Raleigh, NC. The guy that gave the seminar had a nice physique but his face was a 1 or 2 at best. But you know what? He had the best personality and he was dressed like a male model. By the end of the night we were in love with him.

People who cultivate a good personality, have self confidence no matter what they look like, take an interest in other people by really listening to them and who dress as well as they afford have no problem finding love. If someone walks around like a Gloomy Gus because they think they are ugly are not going to attract the right people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 08:21 AM

710 posts, read 584,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Yep. Your problem is DEFINITELY self-confidence. If you need others to make you feel good about yourself, that's a big problem.

Stop looking in to plastic surgery, and look for a therapist. Pronto. Or you're going to be wasting your money on the surgery because you will still lack self-confidence.
By feel good about myself, I meant she would compliment my appearance.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:27 AM

710 posts, read 584,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
People have called you ugly to your face? Ask a trusted friend what about your appearance is "off". Is it the nose, weak chin, what?

I've told this story before when people have posted on here concerned about their looks: Back in the 90's, my assistant and I went to a customer service seminar in Raleigh, NC. The guy that gave the seminar had a nice physique but his face was a 1 or 2 at best. But you know what? He had the best personality and he was dressed like a male model. By the end of the night we were in love with him.

People who cultivate a good personality, have self confidence no matter what they look like, take an interest in other people by really listening to them and who dress as well as they afford have no problem finding love. If someone walks around like a Gloomy Gus because they think they are ugly are not going to attract the right people.
Yes, people have said it many times to my face. I actually DM'd someone on here a picture of myself last night and he gave me some advice about work I could potentially have done. I realize that there are other qualities that one can have that can make them more attractive but I actually want to be and feel attractive as well.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post

I think it's interesting that you would ask this question. I wonder if you're trying to determine the true nature or extent of the problem, meaning that if people actually call you ugly to your face then there must be some significant appearance issue going on, or whether you doubt that people are actually this cruel?

Old 03-23-2017, 09:04 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
By feel good about myself, I meant she would compliment my appearance.
And now that you don't have her complimenting your appearance, you don't feel good about yourself. My comments still stand.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:21 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vane View Post
Imagine if you were a 5'0 to 5'4 man, they do exist lol!
Yes they do. Real live people who might read comments her and who just experience their height as an issue in many aspects of their lives. And yet here you are adding to their issues with several gratuitous posts about men's height. How sweet.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:23 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
It depends. If you think people look attractive when they are surprised by something, then yes.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Yes it can.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:42 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,543,464 times
Quote:
I have good teeth already, my dentist told me that they were straight on my last visit. She asked if I ever used braces before (which I haven't) because they were so straight. I'm hoping that I will look better as I age, I was hoping puberty would do that for me but no luck so far. I think I have a mixture of all those qualities, my ex girlfriend said that she thought I was a very sweet and smart guy.
OP, the challenge is in your head. Your self-confidence is in the toilet. You just went through a break-up.

You are looking for constant re-affirmation and floundering because you aren't receiving it. At age 19, you don't need a dentist to tell you your teeth are straight - you can look in the mirror and tell that - its very easy. This lack of self-confidence is readily evident to the people around you and is the root of your feelings of inadequacies.

Do you have friends you can speak with or do things with to take your mind off your break-up?
Why did your girlfriend break up with you?
Don't make any rash decisions because of this troubled time you are in.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,543,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
And now that you don't have her complimenting your appearance, you don't feel good about yourself. My comments still stand.
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty