Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 03:50 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,810,472 times

Advertisements

Now Im sorry for any with these pee pee problems but on some new tv ads they have a woman model saying now she feels pretty on a pair of pullups with a dummy embroidered flower on them.....firstly whos going to see them and why stick a flower on a pair of pants like these...more money making for these companies... using someone who has a problem like this...maybe one day soon I might need them myself but I dont think I would be paying more for some silly flower on them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 04:55 AM

16,429 posts, read 12,564,125 times
Clarification request ... do they really sell a plain pair for one price, and a similar pair with a flower for a higher price? Is that what your objection is?

Otherwise I can’t possibly understand what’s wrong with having a flower on a pair of incontinence panties. Who cares if anyone will see them or not? The wearer will see them. I have panties with “silly” flowers on them and I don’t see the problem.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:30 AM

2,123 posts, read 1,470,388 times
I would imagine that it is unpleasant for them that they have this issue and instead of being forced to deal with it with something that looks like medical adult diapers, at least they have something nice to wear. A lot of women wear beautiful undergarments that no one will see just because they like to feel nice and for no other reason.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Clarification request ... do they really sell a plain pair for one price, and a similar pair with a flower for a higher price? Is that what your objection is?

Otherwise I can’t possibly understand what’s wrong with having a flower on a pair of incontinence panties. Who cares if anyone will see them or not? The wearer will see them. I have panties with “silly” flowers on them and I don’t see the problem.
Strangely I have some with flowers too and no one sees them..hahah I see your point.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:30 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,234,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Now Im sorry for any with these pee pee problems but on some new tv ads they have a woman model saying now she feels pretty on a pair of pullups with a dummy embroidered flower on them.....firstly whos going to see them and why stick a flower on a pair of pants like these...more money making for these companies... using someone who has a problem like this...maybe one day soon I might need them myself but I dont think I would be paying more for some silly flower on them..
The object is to make them feminine, even though they are for solving an embarrassing problem.

And, my goodness, those things are expensive.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The object is to make them feminine, even though they are for solving an embarrassing problem.

And, my goodness, those things are expensive.
Surely too though with such a lot of people with incontinence this should be sorted in the 21st century as it must be so embarrassing for those who suffer... Im not at the stage of having to run fast to the loo.. but thankfully not got to this stage,

Old 10-26-2018, 07:33 AM

12,073 posts, read 8,472,699 times
I saw them too and had a mixed reaction. Finally I decided that they would be nice for elderly women who were still sexually active. I would imagine there's not much more uncomfortable than getting ready to hop into bed in your diapers.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I saw them too and had a mixed reaction. Finally I decided that they would be nice for elderly women who were still sexually active. I would imagine there's not much more uncomfortable than getting ready to hop into bed in your diapers.
Its anything but funny and I get that.. but its like putting mickey mouse on kids pullups.. a reason for manufacturers to make money out of something that I dont see can be made anything but what it is.... a garment to catch pee..maybe its the advert on telly itself... having a model posing in these big drawers with a fake piece of embroidery.. its just nonsense... There are however much nicer looking ones I noticed on the market, these oversized nappies just isnt it..

Old 10-26-2018, 07:57 AM

12,073 posts, read 8,472,699 times
Quote:
Its anything but funny and I get that.. but its like putting mickey mouse on kids pullups.. a reason for manufacturers to make money out of something that I dont see can be made anything but what it is.... a garment to catch pee..maybe its the advert on telly itself... having a model posing in these big drawers with a fake piece of embroidery.. its just nonsense... There are however much nicer looking ones I noticed on the market, these oversized nappies just isnt it..
I had all those thoughts too, dizzybint. The ones I saw were in a magazine and were worn by an impossibly beautiful model. They looked very nice.

I can understand that there would be a market for them among some of the population. And some of those women wouldn't have the budget for the more elegant ones. They seem expensive.

Or when they go to meet and greets they could just wear a little pin that says "I wet myself" and keep the old industrial style as their garment of choice. That would prevent any awkwardness in the bedroom. LOL

Old 10-26-2018, 10:06 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,055,217 times
Quote:
So are all your underwear plain white briefs? Or is it only "nonsense" when it's little kids and elderly who want something more than boring plain white underwear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty