U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2018, 03:50 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,480 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Reputation: 20944

Advertisements

Now Im sorry for any with these pee pee problems but on some new tv ads they have a woman model saying now she feels pretty on a pair of pullups with a dummy embroidered flower on them.....firstly whos going to see them and why stick a flower on a pair of pants like these...more money making for these companies... using someone who has a problem like this...maybe one day soon I might need them myself but I dont think I would be paying more for some silly flower on them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2018, 04:55 AM
 
7,950 posts, read 3,862,498 times
Reputation: 27230
Clarification request ... do they really sell a plain pair for one price, and a similar pair with a flower for a higher price? Is that what your objection is?

Otherwise I can’t possibly understand what’s wrong with having a flower on a pair of incontinence panties. Who cares if anyone will see them or not? The wearer will see them. I have panties with “silly” flowers on them and I don’t see the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2018, 06:30 AM
 
250 posts, read 115,405 times
Reputation: 759
I would imagine that it is unpleasant for them that they have this issue and instead of being forced to deal with it with something that looks like medical adult diapers, at least they have something nice to wear. A lot of women wear beautiful undergarments that no one will see just because they like to feel nice and for no other reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2018, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,480 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Reputation: 20944
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Clarification request ... do they really sell a plain pair for one price, and a similar pair with a flower for a higher price? Is that what your objection is?

Otherwise I canít possibly understand whatís wrong with having a flower on a pair of incontinence panties. Who cares if anyone will see them or not? The wearer will see them. I have panties with ďsillyĒ flowers on them and I donít see the problem.
Strangely I have some with flowers too and no one sees them..hahah I see your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2018, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
18,836 posts, read 12,465,112 times
Reputation: 24245
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Now Im sorry for any with these pee pee problems but on some new tv ads they have a woman model saying now she feels pretty on a pair of pullups with a dummy embroidered flower on them.....firstly whos going to see them and why stick a flower on a pair of pants like these...more money making for these companies... using someone who has a problem like this...maybe one day soon I might need them myself but I dont think I would be paying more for some silly flower on them..
The object is to make them feminine, even though they are for solving an embarrassing problem.

And, my goodness, those things are expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,480 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Reputation: 20944
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The object is to make them feminine, even though they are for solving an embarrassing problem.

And, my goodness, those things are expensive.
Surely too though with such a lot of people with incontinence this should be sorted in the 21st century as it must be so embarrassing for those who suffer... Im not at the stage of having to run fast to the loo.. but thankfully not got to this stage,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM
 
5,146 posts, read 2,992,030 times
Reputation: 17594
I saw them too and had a mixed reaction. Finally I decided that they would be nice for elderly women who were still sexually active. I would imagine there's not much more uncomfortable than getting ready to hop into bed in your diapers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,480 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Reputation: 20944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I saw them too and had a mixed reaction. Finally I decided that they would be nice for elderly women who were still sexually active. I would imagine there's not much more uncomfortable than getting ready to hop into bed in your diapers.
Its anything but funny and I get that.. but its like putting mickey mouse on kids pullups.. a reason for manufacturers to make money out of something that I dont see can be made anything but what it is.... a garment to catch pee..maybe its the advert on telly itself... having a model posing in these big drawers with a fake piece of embroidery.. its just nonsense... There are however much nicer looking ones I noticed on the market, these oversized nappies just isnt it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM
 
5,146 posts, read 2,992,030 times
Reputation: 17594
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Its anything but funny and I get that.. but its like putting mickey mouse on kids pullups.. a reason for manufacturers to make money out of something that I dont see can be made anything but what it is.... a garment to catch pee..maybe its the advert on telly itself... having a model posing in these big drawers with a fake piece of embroidery.. its just nonsense... There are however much nicer looking ones I noticed on the market, these oversized nappies just isnt it..
I had all those thoughts too, dizzybint. The ones I saw were in a magazine and were worn by an impossibly beautiful model. They looked very nice.

I can understand that there would be a market for them among some of the population. And some of those women wouldn't have the budget for the more elegant ones. They seem expensive.

Or when they go to meet and greets they could just wear a little pin that says "I wet myself" and keep the old industrial style as their garment of choice. That would prevent any awkwardness in the bedroom. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM
 
11,013 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Reputation: 19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Its anything but funny and I get that.. but its like putting mickey mouse on kids pullups.. a reason for manufacturers to make money out of something that I dont see can be made anything but what it is.... a garment to catch pee..maybe its the advert on telly itself... having a model posing in these big drawers with a fake piece of embroidery.. its just nonsense... There are however much nicer looking ones I noticed on the market, these oversized nappies just isnt it..
So are all your underwear plain white briefs? Or is it only "nonsense" when it's little kids and elderly who want something more than boring plain white underwear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top