Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 06:40 PM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times

Advertisements

Go to somewhere like Tahiti and see what the Europeans wear for 'swim suits.' And NONE of the women wear tops. They are very free and easy and don't seem to care what anyone thinks, which is charming in a 'you're kidding' kinda way. Fat, skinny, tall, short, you name it, they're out there and they are loving it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 11:44 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Go to somewhere like Tahiti and see what the Europeans wear for 'swim suits.' And NONE of the women wear tops. They are very free and easy and don't seem to care what anyone thinks, which is charming in a 'you're kidding' kinda way. Fat, skinny, tall, short, you name it, they're out there and they are loving it!
That’s true in a lot of places. European women do tend to sunbathe topples. American women are less likely to do so.

Old 12-24-2020, 02:54 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,232,241 times
Nude is becoming more acceptable these days.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:15 PM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Jason Mamoa can wear a speedo, though, as far as I'm concerned. And a scrunchie....but only him.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:40 PM

24,471 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Jason Mamoa can wear a speedo, though, as far as I'm concerned. And a scrunchie....but only him.
SO in a red one might make a good Sailing Santa. But I think he only has tiny Speedo shorts in Santa red.

Old 12-24-2020, 06:03 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
I didn't learn to swim until I went to college (a Speedo-friendly environment) in the late Sixties. I took up lap-swimming for fitness as a life sport, and swam in a Speedo exclusively (except for an occasional pool party in a family setting) until a few years ago.

But in February of 2019 I suffered an accident (a fall) which has left me with a small cerebral hematoma, which has in turn diminished both my stamina and sense of balance. Unable to swim or walk either as often or as far as previously, I've gained a few pounds and grown a slight paunch.

But nobody's going to force me to swim in a tent; nowadays, I wear a square- or boxcut which goes a few inches further below the groin, but not so far that most of the thigh isn't exposed. And unlike with the tighter-fitting Speedo, there's no "conspicuous bulge".

A visit to the European and South American beach videos on YouTube would show that the ladies are exposing more flesh than ever, but the gents -- if straight -- are opting more often for board shorts. After I retied from full-time employment, I used to work at a water park in the summer months, and -- with the exception of foreign visitors -- very rarely encountered a male in a brief-cut swimsuit.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-24-2020 at 06:12 PM..

Old 01-02-2021, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
Default I wear them

At 18 I owned a couple pairs. I would wear them once in a blue moon to the beach, or under board shorts. Fast forward to today. I'm 35 now and it's mostly what I wear. I'm 5"9' 175 lbs....I'm of average build. I usually find a quiet area at my local beach in monmouth county NJ and just get a tan. If I'm doing recreation type swimming in throw on the shorts while more ppl could see me, out if modesty and respect for families and children. If I'm swimming laps at the pool it's the Speedo. Im decently active and healthy. I swim in a master's swim, I run marathons and go to the gym maybe 2 nights out if the week.

I guess ultimately I stopped caring what others think. I don't care if they think I'm gay or not. I used to be so self conscious that I would be afraid to wear what I wanted to. But in these times not as many care anymore. But I still overhear sometimes ppl talking about me wearing a speedo, I get the occasional chuckle, or sometimes ppl will get close to just get a look both guy n girl. Im not there to impress. I'm there to work on my tan.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:01 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,304,420 times
Princess Diana in our state, the Speedos are fairly modest ones.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...K0DQp7_i5&s=10

Old 01-04-2021, 08:22 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
I'm a firm believer that the older you are the more clothing you should wear. I did own a speedo decades ago, now if I were to go swimming in public I'd wear a kaftan. My motto is that one should not draw attention to unpleasant things. (When one of my aunts was in her 80's, she tacked up towels over all the full length bathroom and bedroom mirrors, I am now thinking that wasn't such a bad idea.)

Old 01-04-2021, 08:35 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
I wore 'em as a kid on the school swim team, I wore 'em to garden in 20 years later, I still wear 'em today, 56 years outta high school, when I water ski. IMO, board shorts are the goofiest looking swimwear options ever designed....but hey, to each his own.

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty