Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: whats your opinion of women with tattoos?
they look sexy ! 24 16.55%
they are a BIG turn off 40 27.59%
I prefer a woman without tattoos 33 22.76%
they look low class 84 57.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,199,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Nope My comprehension doesn't need any work.. I know that getting inked can cause problems if the needles are dirty or the ink could have harmed my body.. I DID MY RESEARCH BEFORE I GOT MY TATTOOS THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! And I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY TATTOOS AND IF I DID I WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN ANYMORE DUH! ARE YOU THAT FREAKING STUPID! You have your opinion on people with tattoos and I have mine.. I don't care what you or your so called friend thinks...Getting a tattoo is no more of a health risk than having surgery, driving down the road or getting out of bed!!! Dude really you have some serious issues if your that worried about people.. Worry about your own health risk and (hope that you don't fall in the shower)... not everyone else you will get through life a little easier..
Again, the rationalization on your part. Basically, you made a choice, despite the advice of medical experts, all so you could have a cute little butterfly or rose or whatever permanently affixed to a body part. And now, you desperately, desperately want the world to like you for it, and are angry that it doesn't appeal to a vast majority of people.

Otherwise you wouldn't keep coming onto a thread for posters who DON'T like women with tattoos and arguing with them. Admit it. You're deeply insecure about the choice you made and you're bluffing your way through it. If this weren't the case, as I've pointed out before, you wouldn't have wasted a second in here.

See, here's the problem. I have a very simple view of the issue. Women with tattoos are unattractive to me, as well as the other posters on this forum. You want to convince me otherwise.

Look, it's not my fault that you chose to disfigure yourself.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 AM

337 posts, read 827,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
People always judge other people based on appearance. Anybody who says otherwise is a complete and total liar. Now, you may not judge somebody based on a tattoo. But you sure might judge somebody because he's a preppy or wearing a pocket protector or hasn't washed his hair in four days. Some guys like a woman who wears all black, as if she's attended a poetry reading, while others like wholesome-looking, well-scrubbed women who look as if they emerged from a Mormon prayer meeting.

Me? I think tattoo wearers look diseased and unhealthy. Lots of posters agree with me (According to the poll here, 85% think tattoos are ugly). It's all based on impressions. You can call me closed minded all you want, but that's the way it is. And, quite frankly, it's how the large majority of people think as well. It doesn't make them closed minded. It has to do with people's approach to what is beautiful. And, quite frankly, if you have to disfigure yourself in order to achieve a certain look, that's just not healthy either physically or emotionally. It's kind of like girls who get their belly buttons pierced. A friend of mine who is a renowned internist says that she sees so many complications from belly button piercings and tattoos, that she pretty much begs people not to have any more. As she put it, "Why would people risk their health to put an ugly little piece of art on their body?" Her guess is as good as mine.

Now, back to the topic at hand. I love goading you tattoo wearers. It's been really fun to watch you respond in the predictable ways.
Well, I am so glad the "walking around" calling a group of women skanks gets you all warm and fuzzy. It is amazing that that makes you feel so good about yourself. You certainly have arrogance around you that I can "see" through my computer.

I hope you have a great day at work. I bet the women around you must just LOVE you. How does your wife feel about you running around calling wifes and mothers skanks? I know I would be pretty upset if my husband was doing it.

Did you ever think that you have with your comments made us mad? I for one am not insecure or looking for acceptance. I do however find it extremely offensive and over the top to call people skanks for getting a tattoo. That that somehow degrades you as a person and changes your morals or value is ridiculous. Your opinions are fine. We all have things that we prefer our partners not have. I like clean cut guys. I don't run around and call guys with long hair dirty or gross. Just not my thing. See the difference?

I especially love how you assume what we all look like and what we do on weekends. It just show s how ignorant you really are. Trust me, I know lots of people just like you. I just choose not to spend any time with them. Just like I choose to ignore you from this point on.

Just thought I would throw the definition according to Wikipedia out so we all know exactly what you are saying.

"Skank is a slang and pejorative term used in English to describe a certain type of female. [1][2] The term "skank" differs from that of "****" in that whereas the latter implies only sexual promiscuity; the former also implies poor taste, personally degrading behaviour and low socioeconomic class.[citation needed] Also used as slang for lower class female that is dirty or not presenting herself well. Other skank behaviors can include being obsessed with celebrity lifestyle and emulating it. In recent years "Skank" (or "Skankster") is also used in some parts of the U.K to describe unappealing individuals of either sex with habitual poor personal hygiene, most notably long-term drug addicts; a usage in some ways harking back to its original application. Originally denoting a bad smell[citation needed] or a filthy surface[3], "skank" has come to refer to someone who is physically repugnant for their filth, and figuratively applied to someone who is morally or socially repugnant for their behavior and demeanor, most often sexual conduct.[4]"

Last edited by Ms. 01 Snake; 05-21-2008 at 08:50 AM..

Old 05-21-2008, 08:45 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,126,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Oh and don't forget to wash your hands after touching the grocery cart ya might get germs there and it could cause a health risk..
Do you really think a person that so concerned with perceptions actually grocery shops? That wouldn't be the correct manly image, you know. And image is everything. Remember "wholesome looking well scrubbed"? I bet his wife has to line up the towels and canned goods correctly too. (Think the jerk from Sleeping With the Enemy.) Yeah, I'm getting that vibe.

Oh, wait! It's coming to me....Warren...Warren Jeffs! Is that you?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
Well, I am so glad the "walking around" calling a group of women skanks gets you all warm and fuzzy. It is amazing that that makes you feel so good about yourself. You certainly have arrogance around you that I can "see" through my computer.

I hope you have a great day at work. I bet the women around you must just LOVE you. How does your wife feel about you running around calling wifes and mothers skanks? I know I would be pretty upset if my husband was doing it.
Let's see. This is a thread that is soliciting men's honest opinions on what they think about tattoos. We give honest opinions in accordance with the spirit of the thread and you're irate.

Well, if you didn't want to read uncomplimentary things about tattoos and and the assumptions people make about tattoo wearers, then you should have never gotten on the thread in the first place.

Actually, in my everyday life, I'm the soul of politeness. But if you want my honest opinion on a subject, I'm going to give it. What is so hard for you to understand about this?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:47 AM

431 posts, read 1,642,327 times
if you are so worried about health risks then why do you get out of bed. you put youself at risk everytime you leave you house. Do you go out to eat or go shopping? Do you go to the gym or to the pool or ocean? Do you go to the doctors, dentist or the hospital? just wondering cause you could be putting yourself at risk just by touching things or breathing the air around you or heaven for bid in the food you eat!!! If we lived our lives worring about the what ifs we would go anywhere and we wouldn't eat or drink anything or breath the air around us.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:48 AM

836 posts, read 3,384,949 times
lol mookster your probably right.. hehe..

Old 05-21-2008, 08:52 AM

431 posts, read 1,642,327 times
Quote:
Let's see. This is a thread that is soliciting men's honest opinions on what they think about tattoos. We give honest opinions in accordance with the spirit of the thread and you're irate.

Well, if you didn't want to read uncomplimentary things about tattoos and and the assumptions people make about tattoo wearers, then you should have never gotten on the thread in the first place.

Actually, in my everyday life, I'm the soul of politeness. But if you want my honest opinion on a subject, I'm going to give it. What is so hard for you to understand about this?

I don't think that we would have a problem with people who do not like our choices it is when they start the name calling and saying that we are low class when in reality it is not true for all of us. I think that people should have their own opinions but they don't need to be jerks and start the childish games of name calling and bashing us. next someone is going to say that we are bad parents because we have tattoos. to each their own until someone bad mouths me without knowing me!!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:55 AM

337 posts, read 827,012 times
Quote:

I think you have mis interpreted my rebuttals and I am sure that somehow that also give you great pleasure. I am not irate. I am offended. They are two very different things. You are offensive. In order to attempt to get your point across, you started calling people offensive names.

See now the difference? I thought that English degree I have made me more articulate. I even used the small words for you.

Oh, I bet you are polite in public. You are welcome to your opinions as we all are, but the name calling is a bit much. But, I guess that is the only way some people can express themselves. They resort to urban legends and name calling. Are we in the 3rd grade?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Do you really think a person that so concerned with perceptions actually grocery shops? That wouldn't be the correct manly image, you know. And image is everything. Remember "wholesome looking well scrubbed"? I bet his wife has to line up the towels and canned goods correctly too. (Think the jerk from Sleeping With the Enemy.) Yeah, I'm getting that vibe.

Oh, wait! It's coming to me....Warren...Warren Jeffs! Is that you?
That's pretty funny, actually. Yet, it's not me.

Man, it's fun goading you guys. You're so shrill and predictable. Like kicking over an anthill and watching the little guys come boiling out.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
I think you have mis interpreted my rebuttals and I am sure that somehow that also give you great pleasure. I am not irate. I am offended. They are two very different things. You are offensive. In order to attempt to get your point across, you started calling people offensive names.

See now the difference? I thought that English degree I have made me more articulate. I even used the small words for you.

Oh, I bet you are polite in public. You are welcome to your opinions as we all are, but the name calling is a bit much. But, I guess that is the only way some people can express themselves. They resort to urban legends and name calling. Are we in the 3rd grade?
Oh, a tattooed beauty, a sesquipedalian, and a card-carrying member of the Indignation Brigade. Aren't you just a veritable Renaissance woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty