Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: whats your opinion of women with tattoos?
they look sexy ! 24 16.55%
they are a BIG turn off 40 27.59%
I prefer a woman without tattoos 33 22.76%
they look low class 84 57.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:06 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times

Advertisements

I know it's a question from the original poll and that's why it's been addressed so much, but I think it's quite the misconception that women get a tattoo to "look" sexy or we stumble into the tattoo parlor drunk and ask for whatever flash catches our eye. I'm sure it happens, but I doubt it's a valid scenario for the majority. For me, neither crossed my mind. I've always been one of the artsy types and have wanted a tattoo since I was a kid. I took time to design one that I love.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:48 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb76 View Post
I think it's a personal choice and I do not judge a person based on a tattoo. Personally, I've always wanted just a little one but have been too chicken!

People shouldn't make assumptions about someone who has one that's for sure. Who the hell are they to say?
People always judge other people based on appearance. Anybody who says otherwise is a complete and total liar. Now, you may not judge somebody based on a tattoo. But you sure might judge somebody because he's a preppy or wearing a pocket protector or hasn't washed his hair in four days. Some guys like a woman who wears all black, as if she's attended a poetry reading, while others like wholesome-looking, well-scrubbed women who look as if they emerged from a Mormon prayer meeting.

Me? I think tattoo wearers look diseased and unhealthy. Lots of posters agree with me (According to the poll here, 85% think tattoos are ugly). It's all based on impressions. You can call me closed minded all you want, but that's the way it is. And, quite frankly, it's how the large majority of people think as well. It doesn't make them closed minded. It has to do with people's approach to what is beautiful. And, quite frankly, if you have to disfigure yourself in order to achieve a certain look, that's just not healthy either physically or emotionally. It's kind of like girls who get their belly buttons pierced. A friend of mine who is a renowned internist says that she sees so many complications from belly button piercings and tattoos, that she pretty much begs people not to have any more. As she put it, "Why would people risk their health to put an ugly little piece of art on their body?" Her guess is as good as mine.

Now, back to the topic at hand. I love goading you tattoo wearers. It's been really fun to watch you respond in the predictable ways.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:49 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali&ajsmom View Post
it looks very nice. I remembered in another thread that you were going to get it finished so I just thought that I would ask.

I am so glad that we are finally getting some more open minded people on here cause we are not all bad just because we want to put art on our bodies and not on our walls.
Thanks Yea I went back in and had my daughters names added to the bottom..

Exactly!! I agree fully.. I think it is just immature and disrespectful that someone calls people names just because they don't like tattoos on people. I don't think people should be judged that way.. If they act that immature about people with tattoos they probably go around nit pickin at everyone calling them names behind their back..Just to boost their self esteem because they are lonely and have nothing else better to do.

I'm not sure about everyone else but I did not get my tattoos to impress anyone out there.. I got my tattoos because I wanted them (and they are additictive). a couple of them are of my heritage.. Native American and my Irish Heritage...My daughters names on my lower back are in Cherokee. And ya know I really don't care what they would look like when Im in my 70's or 80's..by then Ill be wearing grandma clothes anyways so it isn't going to matter. People have been getting Tattoos for 5000 years.. even the Queen of Eygpt had tattoos..and I'll bet no one called her a skank. Of course they would have been killed if they did.

Quotes:
The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:09 AM

cpg35223
"Why would people risk their health to put an ugly little piece of art on their body?"

Because it makes ignorant people ask that one stupid question..
Why do you wear earrings, Why do you brush your hair or wear you hair up, or Why do you take a shower, Why do you write so sloppy, Why do you drive your car the way you do, Why do you wear those clothes, Why do you talk that way, Why do you have a computer, Why do you live there, Why Why Why..
People get tattoos/piercings because that's what they want to do..Really what the h3ll does it matter to you of why people get tattoos and piercings. Is it any of your business, what did someone send you down to earth to ask why people get tattoos.. I mean really do you worry about yourself as much as you do other people? People risk their health every day by getting out of bed.. they could slip and fall or when they step out the door they could get shot or driving down the road they could be in an accident.. taking prescript meds and over the counter meds put you at risk.. So WHY THE H3LL ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE PUT ON THEIR BODIES?????? Are you that much of a loser that you have to worry about people with tattoos/piercings? Get a life dude. Get over it and worry about your own health. Stop being such a pessimistic.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:10 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,599 times
I got my tattoo because I wanted it and had wanted a tattoo since i was a kid. my tattoo has meaning for me and so will my next one. and tattoos are very addicting. and to make fun of someone or to call them a name just because you don't like something on them isn't right and it is to bad that people feel the need to try to put people down for the choices that each of us make. Yes we have tattoos but it doesn't make us bad people. What people are doing by not talking to us because we have tattoos is only hurting them because they are really missing out on some great people. People just make assumptions about us without knowing the reasons behind what we do all they see is our ink and decide that we are bad people and cannot make a good living. which is really to bad for them because with all of that assuming all they are doing is making an a$$ of themselves.

I love my tattoo and I really could care less if you really want to talk to me because I have a tattoo or if you think that I am trashy Iknow who I am and that I live a very very nice life. I you look some of the most successful people have had a tattoo or done something that was concidered a taboo. alot of actors and actress have tattoos along with some of the T.V. personalities that we grew up watching as a kid like captain kangaroo or mr rogers. are you going to stop watching a show just because someone has a tattoo. OMG!!! and would you really break it off with someone just because they have a tattoo after you really got to know them and really liked them? if you would then they are way better off without you because that is just shallow!!!IMO>

Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 AM

617 posts, read 2,072,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
People always judge other people based on appearance. Anybody who says otherwise is a complete and total liar. Now, you may not judge somebody based on a tattoo. But you sure might judge somebody because he's a preppy or wearing a pocket protector or hasn't washed his hair in four days. Some guys like a woman who wears all black, as if she's attended a poetry reading, while others like wholesome-looking, well-scrubbed women who look as if they emerged from a Mormon prayer meeting.

Me? I think tattoo wearers look diseased and unhealthy. Lots of posters agree with me (According to the poll here, 85% think tattoos are ugly). It's all based on impressions. You can call me closed minded all you want, but that's the way it is. And, quite frankly, it's how the large majority of people think as well. It doesn't make them closed minded. It has to do with people's approach to what is beautiful. And, quite frankly, if you have to disfigure yourself in order to achieve a certain look, that's just not healthy either physically or emotionally. It's kind of like girls who get their belly buttons pierced. A friend of mine who is a renowned internist says that she sees so many complications from belly button piercings and tattoos, that she pretty much begs people not to have any more. As she put it, "Why would people risk their health to put an ugly little piece of art on their body?" Her guess is as good as mine.

Now, back to the topic at hand. I love goading you tattoo wearers. It's been really fun to watch you respond in the predictable ways.
I won't defend myself to you because, while your opinion is interesting, it really doesn't matter much to me. Think what you want.

The sentence from your comment that I bolded, however, discredits you. You make a statement as if it is fact, when it isn't. We all know the polls here are for fun and can easily be gamed. Further, they're not at all scientific. So, if not the poll here, on what do you base the assumption that most people hold the same view that you hold? Surely you don't believe that your little circle of acquaintances represent the whole of society.

Anyway, different likes and dislikes is what makes this world so interesting. I always wanted to be a blond with long sexy legs and luscious curves. When I resigned myself to my 4'11", 97 lb body with dark curly hair, I realized that the guy I attracted would prefer dark haired, petite girls. I was okay with that. And I'm okay with you judging me incorrectly for whatever reason.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
cpg35223
"Why would people risk their health to put an ugly little piece of art on their body?"

Why do you wear earrings, Why do you brush your hair or wear you hair up, or Why do you take a shower, Why do you write so sloppy, Why do you drive your car the way you do, Why do you wear those clothes, Why do you talk that way, Why do you have a computer, Why do you live there, Why Why Why..
People get tattoos/piercings because that's what they want to do..Really what the h3ll does it matter to you of why people get tattoos and piercings. Is it any of your business, what did someone send you down to earth to ask why people get tattoos.. I mean really do you worry about yourself as much as you do other people? People risk their health every day by getting out of bed.. they could slip and fall or when they step out the door they could get shot or driving down the road they could be in an accident.. taking prescript meds and over the counter meds put you at risk.. So WHY THE H3LL ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE PUT ON THEIR BODIES?????? Are you that much of a loser that you have to worry about people with tattoos/piercings? Get a life dude. Get over it and worry about your own health. Stop being such a pessimistic.
I couldn't have said it better. it wouldn't let me rep you I guess i need to spread the love.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
cpg35223

People get tattoos/piercings because that's what they want to do..Really what the h3ll does it matter to you of why people get tattoos and piercings. Is it any of your business, what did someone send you down to earth to ask why people get tattoos.. I mean really do you worry about yourself as much as you do other people? People risk their health every day by getting out of bed.. they could slip and fall or when they step out the door they could get shot or driving down the road they could be in an accident.. taking prescript meds put you at risk.. So WHY THE H3LL ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE PUT ON THEIR BODIES?????? Are you that much of a loser that you have to worry about people with tattoos/piercings? Get a life dude. Get over it and worry about your own health. Stop being such a pessimistic.
I see the reading comprehension needs a little work on your part. That quote comes from a friend of ours who is a nationally-respected expert in internal medicine. She is constantly interviewed on the subject of women's health by national news organs. She doesn't speak out publicly on the health issues raised by tattoos and excessive piercings (chiefly because she doesn't want to deal with an avalanche of shrill defensiveness by people like you), but when she says they constitute a true health hazard based on decades of clinical experience, I'm inclined to listen. It is also why I view people with tattoos as unhealthy. Medical experts back me up on this point.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:33 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times
Quote:
I see the reading comprehension needs a little work on your part. That quote comes from a friend of ours who is a nationally-respected expert in internal medicine. She is constantly interviewed on the subject of women's health by national news organs. She doesn't speak out publicly on the health issues raised by tattoos and excessive piercings (chiefly because she doesn't want to deal with an avalanche of shrill defensiveness by people like you), but when she says they constitute a true health hazard based on decades of clinical experience, I'm inclined to listen. It is also why I view people with tattoos as unhealthy. Medical experts back me up on this point.
LOL! I suppose you would know since comprehension doesn't seem to be your forte? And we won't even talk about your mythical statistics. Do you really have nothing better to do than hang out on city data with us skanky moms? I always love when people drop names. I suppose it somehow helps to ease their feeling of inadequacy. You know, I'm pretty sure I've seen infomercials that could assist with any um...shortage? That may help you take less of your frustrations out on women.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Nope My comprehension doesn't need any work.. I know that getting inked can cause problems if the needles are dirty or the ink could have harmed my body.. I DID MY RESEARCH BEFORE I GOT MY TATTOOS THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! And I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY TATTOOS AND IF I DID I WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN ANYMORE DUH! ARE YOU THAT FREAKING STUPID! You have your opinion on people with tattoos and I have mine.. I don't care what you or your so called friend thinks...Getting a tattoo is no more of a health risk than having surgery, driving down the road or getting out of bed!!! Dude really you have some serious issues if your that worried about people.. Worry about your own health risk and (hope that you don't fall in the shower)... not everyone else you will get through life a little easier..
Oh and don't forget to wash your hands after touching the grocery cart ya might get germs there and it could cause a health risk..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty