Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: whats your opinion of women with tattoos?
they look sexy ! 24 16.55%
they are a BIG turn off 40 27.59%
I prefer a woman without tattoos 33 22.76%
they look low class 84 57.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:56 PM

337 posts, read 826,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Given that I've been married 17 years, I don't have an issue with commitment at all. Just skankiness.

Getting back to your argument, rationalization is a very powerful thing.

For example, I work with a woman who is 52, weighs at least 190 pounds, and still wears a miniskirt. The entire world thinks she looks ridiculous. Actually, when she's wearing too much makeup, she looks like Mimi, the nightmarish colleague on the Drew Carey Show.

Yet, somehow, she's rationalized her way into believing that she's the hottest woman on the planet. She outrageously flirts with men on the phone and online, yet can't understand why, once she finally meets them in the flesh, she can't get a date.

However, when a couple of people in the office, after being asked, said that her dress, makeup and weight constituted a real problem, she went ballistic on them.

Your argument kind of reminds me of her.
Wow, really? I have been married for 5 years. I guess this skank some how got a husband. You're an idiot. I hope you doing all of your non founded judging here on the internet. I bet you don't though.

Everyone knows at least one person like you -narrow minded and judgmental. It is funny, to me that people like you feel you have the right to judge me or anyone else. If having a tattoo makes you a skank, then I guess I must be one. Sorry hunny-who knew a little ol tattoo would change my morals or values?

I feel I did it for me. I wanted one and it was before it was "cool". It is hidden and trust me you won't see it unless you are married to me or I see you at the beach. It is for me only. My DH doesn't have any, but he surely doesn't think I am a tramp. He always comments on the tramp stamp tattoo on girls and I kindly remind him I am also decorated. I am a good Southern girl with a splash of color. I might even be a debutant.

Just one question, does it make a man a skank too?

Last edited by Ms. 01 Snake; 05-20-2008 at 04:09 PM..

Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Probably not. Years ago pretty much the only people that had tattoos were sailors and bikers. Now look how far it's spread. I agree somewhat that it's no longer original and now leans toward the trendy side.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
Wow, really? I have been married for 5 years. I guess this skank some how got a husband. You're an idiot. I hope you doing all of your non founded judging here on the internet. I bet you don't though.

Everyone knows at least one person like you -narrow minded and judgmental. It is funny, to me that people like you feel you have the right to judge me or anyone else. If having a tattoo makes you a skank, then I guess I must be one. Sorry hunny-who knew a little ol tattoo would
change my morals or values?

Just one question, does it make a man a skank too?
Wrong gender. Knuckle-dragging neanderthal would probably be a more apt description. Or artsy-fartsy man-child is another distinct possibility. And people pay me excellent money for my judgment, thanks.

Back to the original topic. The entire point of this thread is why men don't like women who sport tattoos. We voice our opinion, and you come shrieking onto the scene like some harpy, demanding acceptance. The very fact that you post under the screen name Ms. 01 Snake speaks to your predilection to some kind of seamy fringe lifestyle that involves driving aimlessly on Harleys on weekends, drinking Old Crow, wearing Confederate bandanas and listening to CCR until your ears bleed. That's awfully nice if you like it. But if you want to play, expect to pay the price in terms of people not having an instantaneously good impression of you.

Well, sorry. The world doesn't work that way. You can't go out disfiguring yourself, looking like some lot lizard at an interstate truck stop, and not expect the world to impose some kind of value on you based on your appearance. If I were single, I wouldn't date a woman with a nose ring either.

Last edited by cpg35223; 05-20-2008 at 04:18 PM..

Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 PM

337 posts, read 826,506 times
Quote:
Wrong gender. Knuckle-dragging neanderthal would probably be a more apt description. Or artsy-fartsy man-child is another distinct possibility. And people pay me excellent money for my judgment, thanks.

Back to the original topic. The entire point of this thread is why men don't like women who sport tattoos. We voice our opinion, and you come shrieking onto the scene like some harpy, demanding acceptance. The very fact that you post under the screen name Ms. 01 Snake speaks to your predilection to some kind of seamy fringe lifestyle that involves driving aimlessly on Harleys on weekends, drinking Old Crow, wearing Confederate bandanas and listening to CCR until your ears bleed. That's awfully nice if you like it. But if you want to play, expect to pay the price in terms of people not having an instantaneously good impression of you.

Well, sorry. The world doesn't work that way. You can't go out disfiguring yourself, looking like some lot lizard at an interstate truck stop, and not expect the world to impose some kind of value on you based on your appearance. If I were single, I wouldn't date a woman with a nose ring either.
There you go assuming again. Snake = Dodge Viper. Thanks and feel free to play again. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about how low class I am for having a Viper in the garage.

You are a fool and I bet you would fall out to know I was a model in college. So, try it again champ.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Unfortunately the way the world is headed it doesn't look very hopeful for any of us to live to 80

As for you personally,you may not have to worry about the placement of your tattoos but some others may have to think about where those blotches are going to be.

Probably by that time though surgery will be so far evolved that people could easily get those blotches erased. We're already beginning to look like a society of plastic people.
haha!! Well I guess there will always be people that get tattoos and regret it, just as there will be people that don't and regret that.

I'm not unhappy with where mine are or with them in general so yeah, I can't imagine ever going for laser surgery to have the blotches removed but if that's what other people want to do that's fine by me. I mean it's their body, their life, their decision. Same as fantastic plastic! Not really my thing, but I'm a never say never kinda gal, so who knows? If people want to get plastic surgery well I'd support them. I'd like to see an end to the societal obsession with the "beautiful" that leads to that kind of thing but I realize that's probably just a pipe dream and nothing is going to slow it down now.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Tattoos are basically nothing more than disfigurement with a little cachet about them, essentially a leisure suit you cannot take off.

I mean, everybody has a questionable fashion moment. But most of your fashion mistakies are hanging in the back of your closet or have long been given away to Goodwill. But a tattoo is an eternal reminder that, once, you really thought that stupid barbed-wire pattern was a really good idea.

What's more, I don't care how cute, adorable, or bad-ass that tattoo looks like now. Give it 5, 10 years, and you'll look like your have some horrible skin disease. Ever seen a tattoo that was applied twenty years ago? Ewwwwwwwww.

So it doesn't matter what your income is, what your education is, or whatever else. A tattoo is a permanent sign that you are not only a skank, but a skank who can't think more than two to three years down the road.
G'day my name's Skank,

**waving tattooed feet furiously around under your nose**

I'd like to say it's a pleasure to meet you but I'd be lying, if this post is anything to go by!
The revelation, 8 years after my first tat, that folks like yourself are judging me and avoiding me because of my tattoos gives me an incredibly good feeling inside. It's only just starting to dawn on me how many incredibly stupid, judgemental conversations I must have missed in all that time simply because I did something that I have never regretted. Had I known then about this added bonus I might have considered getting something bigger and more obvious!!!

**wanders off to admire tattoos and revel in the added bonus of inadvertently deterring objectionable individuals from communicating with me**

Have a great day!! I have so many skanky things to do on my agenda I'm not sure where to start!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
YEAH! Just because you don't like tattoos doesn't give you the right to judge. The ability to judge is what gives you the right to judge... and I judge women with tattoos as... skankeeeee!
Let me just get out my sandals and wave my feet around under your nose too then!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:50 PM

431 posts, read 1,641,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Relpying to Bold part......
You have to be the most ignorant person out there..Just because you don't like tattoos doesn't give you any right to judge people by calling them names. .. This just goes to show your level of maturity.. in which is very low. Keep up the good work

Ink to paper is thoughtful
Ink to flesh, hard-core.
If Shakespeare were a tattooist
We'd appreciate body art more.
I agree!!!! I am a stay at home mom who goes to school field trips and school events as well as go to church and this person has the nerve to say that all women with tats are skanks. this person needs to get a life!! I also used to sell real estate and work in a bank and I could be very professional. Some people can be so narrow minded.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:55 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
LOL! You know, after reading this I'm sure that I'm not having nearly as much fun as the average skank. I mean just today I went to work, to the grocery store, cooked for the family, helped with homework and drove my oldest to cub scouts in my soccer mom vehicle!! I'm feeling really cheated here, people!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:58 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post

Now, I have to go for a little while... my mom needs the phone line...
You have dial-up??? You should try to go to more Guitar Hero tournaments! (You actually get points for humor, regardless of the asinine rapist analogy.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty