Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: whats your opinion of women with tattoos?
they look sexy ! 24 16.55%
they are a BIG turn off 40 27.59%
I prefer a woman without tattoos 33 22.76%
they look low class 84 57.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:25 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times

Advertisements

McGowdog,
The study group was from about 16 years ago and things have changed a lot since then - ink is not reused, needles are new, the tattoo machine itself is wrapped and the artist uses gloves. However, I don't think you can be too careful about the artist and shop that you choose.
As far as how many is enough, I think it varies from person to person. I have one, although it's quite large (and oddly enough not manly at all ). For me, it symbolizes the circle of life and honors my brother who passed away and the birth of my children. I may add to it at a later date, but then again, I may not find something appealing to me that I feel would mesh well with my piece.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
mark of the beast or a good imitation.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:40 PM

603 posts, read 2,359,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I think it's going to be quite a sight in Nursing Homes when these heavily tatooed men and women start coming in. All that saggy skin adorned with weirdly shaped tatoos. They might look great on a trim, smooth body, but take my word for it, they will be AWFUL on saggy skin. And that nice skin will sag.

Just think about that beautiful art adorned with liver spots, varicose veins, and other skin defects that start showing up at about age 50. If you get a lot of sun, there will probably be skin cancers to remove. That's probably going to leave little white spots all over. That cute little one inch butterfly on that perky boob is probably going to elongate to about two or three inches and get stretched all out of shape by the time 60 rolls around.

I wonder what will happen to piecings.
That's so funny-I wonder the same thing whenever I see a tatoo-what will it look like when you're a grandma?! Do you want your grandchildren knowing you were "hot lips" when you were younger? I think tatoos on a woman looks tacky. Men look OK with a tatoo if they're a rugged, muscular, maybe a burly sort of a guy, otherwise I think it looks ridiculous. I do work in a nursing home and have seen aging men with tatoos on their forearms and that looks fine. But the lady with the tatoo over her breast (yes, there is a 60 year old lady with one) is sagging and I bet in a few years her tatoo will be at her belly button. Yuck.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:07 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
Fortunately, I don't judge someone's intelligence by their lack of tattoos.....as some do towards those with tattoos.
I have tattoos, and GUESS WHAT....I'm smart, abstinent & drug free!
Who'd thunk it?

Old 05-19-2008, 02:07 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
I hate them,but being the hypocrite I am I can over look them if she turns me on enough in other ways.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:23 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
tattos on women...YUCK..don't like them at all

Old 05-19-2008, 02:29 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
I do work in a nursing home and have seen aging men with tatoos on their forearms and that looks fine. But the lady with the tatoo over her breast (yes, there is a 60 year old lady with one) is sagging and I bet in a few years her tatoo will be at her belly button. Yuck.
lol,I see old ladies here with the tatts on their forearms Of course you gotta remember it's Philly also

Old 05-19-2008, 02:55 PM

431 posts, read 1,641,782 times
Default I love my tattoo

I have to say that tattoos on men and women are a great way for one to express themselves. I have one on the middle of my back and I will be getting another one in the fall. My DH has 4 of them and may get more. I do not judge a person by what they decide to do to THEIR bodies but rather on what is on the inside. The people who are judging people on their outward apperances are really missing out on the great person that is inside and I feel sorry for you because you are only seeing the world as black and white. I LOVE MY TATTOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:29 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali&ajsmom View Post
I have to say that tattoos on men and women are a great way for one to express themselves. I have one on the middle of my back and I will be getting another one in the fall. My DH has 4 of them and may get more. I do not judge a person by what they decide to do to THEIR bodies but rather on what is on the inside. The people who are judging people on their outward apperances are really missing out on the great person that is inside and I feel sorry for you because you are only seeing the world as black and white. I LOVE MY TATTOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To each their own but they are a distraction to me,I see your tattoo instead of your body.This just personal peeve don't take it wrong.Yesterday my friend showed me a motorcycle magazine and said look at her,she is hot.

She was wearing daisy dukes,her legs hanging off the bike with a tattoo on her leg and all I could focus on was the tattoo.

To me it's like having a masterpiece art picture and finger painting over it.

So yeah personality counts but personality doesn't sexually arouse me a womans body does,well both but..........

Old 05-19-2008, 04:26 PM

836 posts, read 3,382,999 times
Originally Posted by ali&ajsmom

I totally Agree!!!!!!

I view tattoos as self expression. Depending on what and where they are placed, they can be sexy.
I LOVE MY TATTOOS! I have several and my husband does also, but I didn't get my tattoos to impress people I got them because I wanted them. I personally don't care what anyone thinks of them either, if they don't like them you don't have to look at them. They don't make me any different now than I was before I got them. This is my back tat below..(the lettering on lower part is my daughters names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty