Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 06:40 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,072,443 times

Advertisements

Toni Braxton looks wonderful in these jeans. They are classic and high waisted and probably the same kind of jeans that people tend to vilify (Mom jeans) but she looks great.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3FCD&FORM=VIRE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2021, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 463 times
As a man, women's seems sexier in high raised jeans to me...

Old 11-29-2021, 06:22 PM

371 posts, read 366,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
As a guy, I always thought low rise jeans looked extremely sexy on women. I always have and always will hate high rise jeans, but they seem to be the trend today. Why is that? What was wrong with low rise jeans that made them go out of style?
Because women aren't dressing for YOU!

Old 12-06-2021, 06:25 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,281,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Besides, teenagers now refer to skinny jeans as "mom jeans" because that's what their moms have been wearing for the past ten years.
Are you sure?

Old 12-06-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
ITA we need to dress for ourselves 1st. It’s our style. BUT…if we are in a committed relationship or marriage, it’s healthy for intimacy to make an effort to be attractive to our men, just like they need to think about it for us. If not….that’s how ppl “let themselves go” after marriage, like it’s not important anymore. Tho it doesn’t mean wearing something you don’t like ofc. IMO it’s a red flag if either person thinks it’s “not worth their time”.
Very true! Agreed.

I am comfortable in sweatpants and a hoodie all day. But I know it is not attractive to the GF. So I do make some kind of effort, because she makes an effort as well.
Her and I both mutually, and somewhat subconsciously know that we need to stay "on our toes". It's attractive.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:01 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post

I am comfortable in sweatpants and a hoodie all day. But I know it is not attractive to the GF. So I do make some kind of effort, because she makes an effort as well.

What doesn’t she like about them Mitch? IMO stylish sweats or terry trousers look super sexy on my man..like from Richer Poorer. We can look good AND be comfortable too.

Quote:
Her and I both mutually, and somewhat subconsciously know that we need to stay "on our toes". It's attractive.

For us, it’s not to “stay on our toes”….but just happiness & wanting to please each other. It’s nice to be complimented by our partners AND couples can take too much for granted IMO. BUT tho my husband loves me in low rise jeans^^, he wouldn’t expect them to take the place of my yoga pants & super soft cropped sweatshirt at home. He loves me that way too.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
Because women aren't dressing for YOU!

But men look at us ofc.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 12-07-2021 at 09:13 AM..

Old 12-07-2021, 09:51 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Are you sure?
The point is that the high-waisted tapered jeans that the olds refer to as Mom jeans are what's in now and what young people are wearing. The skinny jeans that they've seen their own moms wearing for years are out.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:54 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
What doesn’t she like about them Mitch? IMO stylish sweats or terry trousers look super sexy on my man..like from Richer Poorer. We can look good AND be comfortable too.
It does, as you point out, absolutely depend on the type of "sweats" one chooses. There are the old-fashioned baggy grey gym sweats, but in the last decades, the fashion industry has been cranking out nicer sets of better-fitting "sweats" or "jogger outfits" or "loungewear" in a variety of colors. They're not only comfortable, they make you look well put-together at the same time.

I'm always surprised at the enthusiastic comments I get, when I wear something like that, because I'm thinking, "But they're just sweats!" The difference seems to be in the styling, picking the right color (vs. grey or black), a more modern look (short sleeves are an option, or a bomber-jacket style jacket in a good color combination, for ex.). They're not your grandparents' sweats. Sweats have evolved.

Old 12-07-2021, 10:12 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

The point is that the high-waisted tapered jeans that the olds refer to as Mom jeans are what's in now and what young people are wearing.

Lots of styles have high waists tho ….it’s not just mom jeans. Like balloon jeans have a high fitted waist. Mom jeans have a relaxed waist & vintage washes. IMO the relaxed fit is the super ugly part. There are a lot of “in” styles & IMO the mom jean didn’t last very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

They're not your grandparents' sweats. Sweats have evolved.

Ita. My husband looks great in a terry trouser from Richer Poorer AND I love a style like the super soft comfortable jogger type of Ugg loungewear with cropped “sweatshirt like” tops. To say that we need to look good for our partners doesn’t mean we have to dress up on the weekends or in the mornings or evenings we are hanging around the house together. Who would?

Old 12-07-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Very true

Quote:
ok:For us, it’s not to “stay on our toes”….but just happiness & wanting to please each other. It’s nice to be complimented by our partners AND couples can take too much for granted IMO. BUT tho my husband loves me in low rise jeans^^, he wouldn’t expect them to take the place of my yoga pants & super soft cropped sweatshirt at home. He loves me that way too.
I agree! But in 2021, marriage means nothing to most people. You have a nice view point.

edit:

Quote:
men look at us ofc.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty