Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 09:09 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The high-waist looks better wrapped around the rounded derriere that is popular these days.

Not all of us have a big rounded derrière or want one. Fashion still favors slender body types IMO….BUT so does health & that’s even more important. AND…not all high waisted jeans styles are equal ofc.

High waisted barrel leg jeans made a much bigger splash this year than low rise jeans…but both styles are better worn on a slender body IMO^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
ITA we need to dress for ourselves 1st. It’s our style. BUT…if we are in a committed relationship or marriage, it’s healthy for intimacy to make an effort to be attractive to our men, just like they need to think about it for us. If not….that’s how ppl “let themselves go” after marriage, like it’s not important anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Gurl. You’ve been married for like months. Get back to us in a few…

Lol yes…BUT it’s even more important the longer ppl are together IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 05:02 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I would say that as a style, they are unflattering AND uncomfortable on most who feel like they are going to fall off or show something they don’t want to be shown at any moment. Say what you want about mom jeans, but they are likely to be more comfortable if you happen to put on a few pounds.
It's irritating that people latched onto the phrase "Mom jeans," which is inherently insulting. High-waisted jeans needn't be loose-fitting, but the high-waist is just flattering because they make your legs look longer and don't cut across you at your widest point.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
It's irritating that people latched onto the phrase "Mom jeans," which is inherently insulting.

It’s not irritating or insulting IMO…tho I’m not a mom & I don’t wear “mom jeans” or anything “relaxed fit”. BUT I do wear different styles of high waisted jeans ofc. Part of loving fashion is having our own style AND knowing what looks fabulous on us….looking & feeling our best. The only time you have to concern yourself about what other ppl think about fashion trends & looking our best IMO….is whether a style or fit is appropriate for the occasion.

edit: I would never wear low rise jeans & a baby tee in front of my father in law & his wife….or my husband’s nieces & nephew.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 10-31-2021 at 07:30 PM..

Old 11-01-2021, 03:26 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
It's irritating that people latched onto the phrase "Mom jeans," which is inherently insulting.
Besides, teenagers now refer to skinny jeans as "mom jeans" because that's what their moms have been wearing for the past ten years.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:36 AM

3 posts, read 1,238 times
I actually think low rise jeans are back in fashion this year due to the revival of the 90s/70s style trends. Seems to be lots available in the shops and also some of the younger celebs, Kardashians and Influencers etc. are all wearing them.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmap40 View Post
I actually think low rise jeans are back in fashion this year due to the revival of the 90s/70s style trends. Seems to be lots available in the shops and also some of the younger celebs, Kardashians and Influencers etc. are all wearing them.

Well, it’s called the return of Y2K fashion…..especially because it includes stuff like baby tees & scarf tops. It’s a total refresh of 2002 or 2003, like jeweled Bebe tees. Remember those…a little tacky? It all reminds me of my early teens….AND that’s good at the same time it’s bad.

Tho IMO it’s also brought back the “slender body type” look that was super popular with low rise jeans in the early 2000s. I have a pair of Rag & Bone Dre low rise boyfriend jeans.….love them. They have been back for awhile BUT it’s like they have taken a couple of pushes to really get going, like from Hailey Baldwin Bieber & Bella Hadid.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:03 AM

572 posts, read 326,187 times
They are going to stay for a while then the mid rise jeans will be back. Mid rise jeans do not flatter all the body shapes and neither high rise jeans. Most of it depends on the body shape.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:04 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,072,030 times
I agree with the previous poster that not all types of jeans flatter all types of bodies. I'm not a a Mom but I also agree that the term "Mom" jeans is unnecessary to use and is borderline insulting. Just because someone doesn't look good in ultra skinny jeans or low rise jeans doesn't mean you have to insult them. Most women who are Moms did gain weight when they had their children. Personally even though I am somewhat on the skinny side, low rise jeans do not fit me well because they are cut too short in the crotch. The placement of the waistband is not the issue. The issue is that the distance from the waistband to the crotch is too tight. If I try to size up, the butt is too baggy. I don't think most people understand that the fit of high waisted and low waisted jeans also depends on whether a person's body is high waisted or low waisted. A person whose body is high waisted will not fit into a low waisted jean. It might be fashionable to wear low waisted jeans but these are cut specifically for low waisted women and do not necessarily work for a high waisted woman. That's just how it is. So don't insult other people, their bodies are what they are.

Old 11-16-2021, 10:40 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,683,234 times
To me low-waist jeans, or any 'hip-hugger' pants, look awful on most people. During the period it was in style I couldn't stand to look at the bulges over the top of them, and they make skinny women look even skinnier. Didn't like the look in the 60's either.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:55 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
As a guy, I always thought low rise jeans looked extremely sexy on women. I always have and always will hate high rise jeans, but they seem to be the trend today. Why is that? What was wrong with low rise jeans that made them go out of style?
Probably people who were too fat to wear them still trying to squeeze into them.. they looked awful unless the girl had a great figure with no bulges.. High rise hides a multitude of sins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty