Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 PM

814 posts, read 2,044,752 times

Advertisements

the US government has been growing weed since 1968 for approved research studies and also distributing it a select group of patients.
University of Mississippi, Federally Funded Marijuana Farm | A Greener Country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 10:16 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,951,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowwatertemple View Post
Right on.

In any case, smoking marijuana is front of children is not the worst thing in the world that an individual can do in front of children. The biggest treasonous morons like, Nancy Grace, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity effectively demonstrate how stupid they or their viewers are whenever they ask a pro-marijuana advocate moronic questions like "Do you want you baby smoking pot" and then claim that since the answer is most likely a no, marijuana should be illegal. I think that even the dumbest people on the planet can quickly since that this stupid argument can easily be expanded to apply to many things that are currently acceptable activities for adult but unacceptable for children.
Amen brotha, I can't believe the level of reefer madness style fear-mongering going on in this thread. Seriously do we need photos of stupid stoner stereotypes on here, like it's going to fear me into not supporting this. Does that really resemble the whole of the using public??? That would be like me posting pictures of frat boys doing keg stands during spring break as an example of what a few beers would do to somebody. Fortunately, the opposition (who are crying like babies on here) are few and far in between so I'm pretty sure the measure will pass in November and life will go on as normal in Florida.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:07 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Amen brotha, I can't believe the level of reefer madness style fear-mongering going on in this thread. Seriously do we need photos of stupid stoner stereotypes on here, like it's going to fear me into not supporting this. Does that really resemble the whole of the using public??? That would be like me posting pictures of frat boys doing keg stands during spring break as an example of what a few beers would do to somebody. Fortunately, the opposition (who are crying like babies on here) are few and far in between so I'm pretty sure the measure will pass in November and life will go on as normal in Florida.
Originally Posted by Yellowwatertemple
Right on.

In any case, smoking marijuana is front of children is not the worst thing in the world that an individual can do in front of children. The biggest treasonous morons like, Nancy Grace, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity effectively demonstrate how stupid they or their viewers are whenever they ask a pro-marijuana advocate moronic questions like "Do you want you baby smoking pot" and then claim that since the answer is most likely a no, marijuana should be illegal. I think that even the dumbest people on the planet can quickly since that this stupid argument can easily be expanded to apply to many things that are currently acceptable activities for adult but unacceptable for children.
################################################## ##
Again you are missing the point! Kids see everything anyone does as a parent, and on time do what you do.
To call someone a traitor is strong words you better be able to back those statements. A lot can be said about Chris Mathews, Rachel Maddow and Ed on the ED Show on MSBC. (Fox #1 News Outlet for ratings) One can even say there is grounds for Impeachment for President Obama who has failed to up hold the US Const. and has more Executive orders than any other President .
Its called Freedom of the press!

Even if your measure on smoking weed goes forward it will be a fade and with regular Cigarettes being taxed to death this may not go far. What are Cig going for?

15$ a pack?

You may win at the ballet because its trendie, but US Federal will make revenue of pot sales. There is no free ride!
Besides a stoned America to escape reality? Really?

Old 01-29-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Originally Posted by Yellowwatertemple
Right on.

################################################## ##
Again you are missing the point! Kids see everything anyone does as a parent, and on time do what you do.
To call someone a traitor is strong words you better be able to back those statements. A lot can be said about Chris Mathews, Rachel Maddow and Ed on the ED Show on MSBC. (Fox #1 News Outlet for ratings) One can even say there is grounds for Impeachment for President Obama who has failed to up hold the US Const. and has more Executive orders than any other President .
Its called Freedom of the press!

Even if your measure on smoking weed goes forward it will be a fade and with regular Cigarettes being taxed to death this may not go far. What are Cig going for?

15$ a pack?

You may win at the ballet because its trendie, but US Federal will make revenue of pot sales. There is no free ride!
Besides a stoned America to escape reality? Really?
Who said anything about escaping reality, when I smoke it's so I can embrace reality (which is not all that great all the time, and trust me, I'm an eternal optimist). Ok, lol, jk on that last sentence, but rest assured this is no trend. Medical and legal cannabis is long overdue and outlawing it is something that never should have happened in the first place. It's only in recent history that its prohibition went into effect. And you know what, I'm willing to pay a higher tax to have this option available to me so that I'm not arrested, charged with a crime, and paying mad lawyer bills to avoid lockup over a FREAKIN' PLANT. If you honestly feel this plant should be illegal, you might be a really bad person. Probably not is my guess, so I ask you to join me in November at the ballot box and then we can smoke a bowl together and hit up the ballet you mentioned .

Old 01-29-2014, 07:16 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Who said anything about escaping reality, when I smoke it's so I can embrace reality (which is not all that great all the time, and trust me, I'm an eternal optimist). Ok, lol, jk on that last sentence, but rest assured this is no trend. Medical and legal cannabis is long overdue and outlawing it is something that never should have happened in the first place. It's only in recent history that its prohibition went into effect. And you know what, I'm willing to pay a higher tax to have this option available to me so that I'm not arrested, charged with a crime, and paying mad lawyer bills to avoid lockup over a FREAKIN' PLANT. If you honestly feel this plant should be illegal, you might be a really bad person. Probably not is my guess, so I ask you to join me in November at the ballot box and then we can smoke a bowl together and hit up the ballet you mentioned .

My vote will be squarely No! This a slippery path just to make a product available to a small percentage of the pop. People are quitting smoking every day and most of live for a smoke free environment.
But you may have a point the money Law Enforcements spends on a basically a Traffic Ticket, crime for Small Quantities.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
My vote will be squarely No! This a slippery path just to make a product available to a small percentage of the pop. People are quitting smoking every day and most of live for a smoke free environment.
But you may have a point the money Law Enforcements spends on a basically a Traffic Ticket, crime for Small Quantities.
So let me get this straight, you would vote YES on DECRIM-inalization which would keep in place the black market for cannabis and allow the state to miss the opportunity to collect taxes on the herb in-lieu of being able to issue small fines for possession? However, you have apprehension on voting YES to allow people to use a natural medicine, in the same way people use Sudafed, ibuprofen or any prescription drug to alleviate ailments? I mean I'm all for DECRIM, and would gladly pay the fine if caught, which would never happen lol, but I think medical marijuana is a much smaller leap than that, and a smarter one to try first.

But seriously, why on earth would you vote no on this?

Do you drink, if so you are a drug user too?

Are you a control freak that doesn't think people should be free to ingest a benign substance nature created all by itself?

Or do you believe in big government that tells it's people what to do and tries to enshrine in law an outdated and largely imaginary moral code regarding how other people should live their lives.

*If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be a poor unfortunate anti-liberty soul, who I wish nothing but the best for. May you have the freedom to choose, the freedom to take your medicine in peace, the freedom to enjoy a cold one after work with your buddies, the freedom to...well you get the point.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:09 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,388 times
Default You too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
If cannabis is made legal, people won't be going to illicit drug dealers who often also sell injectable drug (thus the needle sharing). It's a positive point regarding legalizing/legitimizing cannabis as commercial product. But your comment shows that people who are knee-jerking "let's legalize pot" haven't completely thought out all the positives/negative repercussions thoroughly.
No, I've completely thought it out over the last 40 years as to the positives and the negatives and I’m going with the notion that the positives outweigh the negatives. NO WHERE in ANY study, or even a comment blog, other than this thread, have I read of any reduction in needle use or HIV infection rates related to cannabis law reform or legalization. Nor does anyone I've ever read or talked to cite that as a benefit of legalization. There are lots of benefits to legalization, but I've never heard that as one of them.

If there is any, point me in that direction, I'd like to read about it.

So, while you're at it, also please expound on how you came to the conclusion that illicit drug dealers OFTEN also sell injectable drugs, and that therefore when you show up at the dealers location, the mere fact that they offer it means you or others have to buy it.

I know there are studies, such as the Rand study, which said that cannabis itself is not a gateway drug, but the fact that users are exposed to the availability of other illegal drugs by their dealers COULD create a gateway situation, but I don't buy it.

There is a big leap from smoking cannabis or eating it to progressing to sticking a needle in your arm. There are also dealers that trade strictly in cannabis and that's it. It is a big leap of faith to think that just because you have the opportunity to purchase something stronger (and more addictive) than cannabis, that you would do so.

Think about it from your own perspective, if heroin were made legal today, would you go out and buy some? I don't think so. I know I wouldn't, so at least anecdotally the reduction in needle use theory doesn't hold up.

Now if you want to talk about a therapy program that uses cannabis as a means to withdraw an addict off of herion or coke by substituting cannabis for those drugs, thereby reducing needle use, that's a different conversation.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 01-29-2014, 11:19 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,388 times
Default I'll bet I'm way brighter than you, better educated, and make more money too

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Not to bright are you?....

Think about it a little harder....

Wow.
Double wow! Bright enough to know that cannabis is not water soluble and can't be injected, you?

I'm waiting for you to fill the ether with your intelligence, so far not impressed...waiting.....still waiting....guess I'll just have to continue living in the wake of such brilliance!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:33 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Double wow! Bright enough to know that cannabis is not water soluble and can't be injected, you?

I'm waiting for you to fill the ether with your intelligence, so far not impressed...waiting.....still waiting....guess I'll just have to continue living in the wake of such brilliance!

Everyone else on this thread understood the correlation between Marijuana and drug needle use in regards to the example that was given....

I.E.- legalize Marijuana = less needle drug use/less HIV transmission....

It has nothing to do with Marijuana being used with needles....

It doesn't take any "brilliance" what so ever to understand the point that was trying to be made....

Keep trying....I would suggest going back and reading through the thread again.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,645 times
"I'll bet I'm way brighter than you, better educated, and make more money too".....

And my dad can beat up your dad.....

What are you....9 years old?

That sure doesn't seem like a statement made by a bright, educated, and wealthy individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida