Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,597,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtnelson View Post
There are good jobs down here. I take it you don't qualify for any of them, and would rather bellyache about it. Ok.
"Good Jobs" down where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 AM

118 posts, read 488,134 times
I live in the outer burbs of Jacksonville, FL.. and saw a house.. the owner was talking about how he was moving to NC because "crime is so high here"... I looked around the neighborhood and it looks like a normal neighborhood... felt safe there.. my realtor asked him to elaborate.. and he said well you can't go anywhere.. I was still confused..

See, I have kids now so I really don't go anywhere, but even in my hey day I went all over Jax and didn't see these crime he was talking about.

Then I had to ask him what do you mean, like here in the neighborhood. I don't understand..

Then he says well, Westside... Northside... downtown... it's like hello, those are the areas that are more saturated with crime rates.. of course, you'd feel unsafe. I told him that too...

If you get too frustrated just say "Well, wait til youve bee here for a while and the honeymoon wears off"

Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 AM

27,232 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
"Good Jobs" down where?
I know, perplexed here as well. I guess definitions vary....

Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 AM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatakh View Post
I moved to Florida from NY and it seems so uncivilized here. The police will do nothing for nuisance complaints. Guess they can't be bothered with the paperwork. We have met some people who are very nice but others are backward with a staunch republican attitude in the extreme. ugh... Would like to move back where I came from but the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.
So surely your plans to move out of FL are imminent? Tell you a little secret, dude.... you won't be missed.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 AM

641 posts, read 1,021,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtnelson View Post
There are good jobs down here.

not sure if srs...

Old 08-18-2013, 11:45 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
How much is home owners insurance a year on average? One of my co-workers got a new bill, was $3500/year now it will be $9500. Not to mention he pay's $5K/year in property taxes.

In Central Florida I pay about $1100.00 and my taxes are not bad for a very manageable of 1900SF. I have wacked twice that has been since repaired. The other factor I am on the tail of my Mortgage, no refinancing! My payment is far less than rent here in Arizona.

Wow kind of of a old topic?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:02 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I know, perplexed here as well. I guess definitions vary....
Are your plans to avoid another thread when confronted with actual facts. Here is the last one you conveniently forgot about.

Quote:
Interesting that the unemployment rate went up nearly half a percent in one month. Wonder what spurred that? The nursing shortage might have to do with the low salaries here. I don't imagine many want to take a massive pay cut to work here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
A registered nurse in NY has an annual mean wage of $74,100, a registered nurse in Florida has an annual mean wage of $61,780 (most recent BLS data). A difference of $12,320, now start off by subtracting $4145 for state income tax and you have a difference of $8175. Hardly a massive pay cut. Now calculate the difference in rental cost of $2638 for NY and $1298 for Florida (values gathered within last 30 days by myapartmentmap.com) , that is over $16000 a year. At this point we have not figured in for local income tax rates which many areas in NY have but seems Florida is ahead by almost $8000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Once again when confronted with the actual facts you decide to not visit the thread again.
You continually post your opinion, which has no basis in fact, then when someone posts verifiable numbers from the BLS you act as if you never visited the thread.
If you are going to throw around statements like " I don't imagine many want to take a massive pay cut" try some facts to back it up.
Maybe you would be less perplexed if you did a bit of research rather than regurgitating your tired spiel about how the job market is terrible here.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM

552 posts, read 720,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
What makes you think the poster is a "liberal"? Because they are from New York? Florida is full of Liberals and there are more registered Democrats in the state than Republicans.
Go back and read the post I quoted smart guy.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
LOL. Yeah, because the GOP/Conservatives don't spend money and weren't what ran the country so deep into the red.
And there you go thinking just because I detest libs that Im a Republican.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I believe the poster you are responding to is the same poster who was against the texting ban because it was taking away their personal freedom. Kinda lets you know what you're dealing with.
You keep letting the media sensationalize you into thinking any and all new laws are good for you, I will think for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida