Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 09:40 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's just not true, there is no conclusive evidence that it treats or prevents Covid-19, and I'm sure if there was you would have included source data in your post. There is actually evidence that contradicts those claims. https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...te-for-april-6
Your definition of conclusive evidence, and mine are very different. I dont need clinical trial results to see the obvious.

If I get C-19, I'll be taking the Trump Drugs, if you get it, do what you'd like, but when breathing becomes difficult, I think I know what you'll be asking for.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:04 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
So, are you ready to go on the record and state the Trump Drugs are totally ineffective? Come on, step up and make the claim.
You're missing the point entirely, my misguided friend. No one can claim definitively they are 100% effective or 100% ineffective yet without the double blind trials and necessary data to back it up. Which is why this ridiculous thread and your outlandish claims and support for a President touting this untested drug should never have been created. All we have are unsupported, anecdotal stories of a handful of folks getting better after taking the drug, which as many of us have already stated, cannot be attributed to the drug. Period, end of discussion.

Last edited by Florida2014; 04-08-2020 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-08-2020, 10:07 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
Let's take a look at some possible reasons as to why Trump has been hyping the hydroxychlroquine idea so much... Could it be due to who he is getting input from on that possibility?
If so, consider this list taken from the linked piece found further below as to who those "experts" are that he is relying on for hydroxy advice. Looking closely, it thus appears that Trump is listening to the wrong people, i.e. not the REAL MEDICAL EXPERTS.
"Mr. Trump first expressed interest in hydroxychloroquine a few weeks ago, telling associates that Mr. [Larry] Ellison, a billionaire and a founder of Oracle, had discussed it with him. At the time, Dr. Mehmet Oz, the host of television’s “The Doctor Oz Show,” was in touch with Mr. Trump’s advisers about expediting approval to use the drug for the coronavirus.
Mr. [Rudolph] Giuliani has urged Mr. Trump to embrace the drug, based in part on the advice of Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a self-described simple country doctor who has become a hit on conservative media after administering a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine, the antibiotic azithromycin and zinc sulfate
"So: Trump is getting his medical advice from CEOs, a TV doctor who has been assailed for promoting “quack treatments,” and Giuliani. One of Giuliani’s main sources of information on this topic is a guy who runs a company providing medical supplies to cruise ships and who was once sentenced to a year in jail for extorting Steven Seagal."

I rest my case for advising extreme caution when listening to and then taking specific medical advice on a drug from Trump.
Let the TRUE MEDICAL EXPERTS & epidemiologists with him at the podium in the daily briefings do the talking! Them, I will listen to!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...xychloroquine/

Last edited by atler8; 04-08-2020 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: removed extra spaces

Old 04-08-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Let's take a look at some possible reasons as to why Trump has been hyping the hydroxychlroquine idea so much... Could it be due to who he is getting input from on that possibility?
If so, consider this list taken from the linked piece found further below as to who those "experts" are that he is relying on for hydroxy advice. Looking closely, it thus appears that Trump is listening to the wrong people, i.e. not the REAL MEDICAL EXPERTS.
"Mr. Trump first expressed interest in hydroxychloroquine a few weeks ago, telling associates that Mr. [Larry] Ellison, a billionaire and a founder of Oracle, had discussed it with him. At the time, Dr. Mehmet Oz, the host of television’s “The Doctor Oz Show,” was in touch with Mr. Trump’s advisers about expediting approval to use the drug for the coronavirus.
Mr. [Rudolph] Giuliani has urged Mr. Trump to embrace the drug, based in part on the advice of Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a self-described simple country doctor who has become a hit on conservative media after administering a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine, the antibiotic azithromycin and zinc sulfate
"So: Trump is getting his medical advice from CEOs, a TV doctor who has been assailed for promoting “quack treatments,” and Giuliani. One of Giuliani’s main sources of information on this topic is a guy who runs a company providing medical supplies to cruise ships and who was once sentenced to a year in jail for extorting Steven Seagal."

I rest my case for advising extreme caution when listening to and then taking specific medical advice on a drug from Trump.
Let the TRUE MEDICAL EXPERTS & epidemiologists with him at the podium in the daily briefings do the talking! Them, I will listen to!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...xychloroquine/

So true, reps given.

Also worth noting, the ONE thing Trump has going for him in the election is the economy and the stock market gains while in office. Without that he has nothing to brag about, literally nothing. None of the things he's promised (big beautiful wall that Mexico will pay for, sweeping health reform, I could go on) have come to be. So he'll do and say anything at this point to boost up the economy in any way he can, including lying and pushing some magic drug that likely does not work.

This isn't anti-Trump, this is the truth. Open your eyes.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:26 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Approved for off label use.

Dr. Siegel said his 96 yr old dying father recovered because of it. https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-ma...oxychloroquine

Old 04-08-2020, 10:28 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Your definition of conclusive evidence, and mine are very different. I dont need clinical trial results to see the obvious. If I get C-19, I'll be taking the Trump Drugs, if you get it, do what you'd like, but when breathing becomes difficult, I think I know what you'll be asking for.
So how did you come to the conclusion that it's working so well, your magic 8 ball?

Old 04-08-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Approved for off label use.

Dr. Siegel said his 96 yr old dying father recovered because of it. https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-ma...oxychloroquine
Dr. Siegel, if he is a doctor, is the paid-for Faux News shill who irresponsibly compared COVID 19 to the flu:

https://www.mediamatters.org/sean-ha...t-could-be-flu

He also referred to the WHO as "alarmists" for their repeated warnings about the virus:

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-do...avirus-1491028

This guy should have any/all degrees stripped from him as he in no way represents the scientific community on any level.

This is the crap I keep harping about here, you Trumpsters can't find any credible sources for anything outside of your Holy Grail network, Faux News.

Do you really believe this guy over all the other doctors, researchers and scientists............REALLY?

Old 04-08-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So how did you come to the conclusion that it's working so well, your magic 8 ball?
2sleepy - because "it's obvious" to him. Sheesh!

Old 04-08-2020, 12:33 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
The reports of side effects of the drug continue and are significant enough that some Swedish hospitals have discontinued its use

https://www.newsweek.com/swedish-hos...ffects-1496368

Quote:
Magnus Gisslén, a professor and chief physician at Sahlgrenska University Hospital infection clinic, told the Gothenburg Post he and others at the clinic administered chloroquine "like everyone else." But as of two weeks ago, Sahlgrenska University Hospital has stopped all use of chloroquine in the treatment of COVID-19.

"There were reports of suspected more serious side effects than we first thought," he told the Gothenburg Post on April 1, 2020. "We cannot rule out serious side effects, especially from the heart, and it is a hard-dosed drug. In addition, we have no strong evidence that chloroquine has an effect on COVID-19."

Old 04-08-2020, 01:35 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The reports of side effects of the drug continue and are significant enough that some Swedish hospitals have discontinued its use

https://www.newsweek.com/swedish-hos...ffects-1496368
At least the Swedes wont die with cramps!

uhh...let's see, lose some periphery vision, or die? I choose life.

I hope the Swedes stick to this plan of not using the Trump Drugs, that means more doses for us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: