Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 11:12 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
The French study's dosing protocol that I've seen was 200mg x3/day (10 days), and azithromycine 250mg for five days, twice the first day, then once for the next four days. So, it seems that this Brazilian failure is more about dosing than it is about efficacy.

I have to say, though, that it strikes me as funny/ironic that there are so many people who dismissed the French study as anecdotal (and, therefore, unworthy of being mentioned by the prez) but they are more than willing to take another anecdotal study that doesn't even try to replicate the French one, and quote that as evidence that the drug is unsafe or ineffective or unworthy of any future consideration.
What a great point you make here about the anecdotel double standard.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Low group was 450 twice daily for five days; high group was 600 for ten days. The Brazilians expressed concern that the 500 milligrams twice daily for ten days as recommended by the original Chinese hospital researchers was very toxic and killing their patients- 11 dead from heart issues out of an 81 patient study group. (Doesn't specify how many were assigned to each group)

So somewhere north of a 10% fatality rate for high dose administration and possibly as high as 20% depending on whether it was an even assignment of patients to each group. So worse than the fatality rate of the disease itself.
AHA! I suspected as much, thus my ? about the dosing. Thx for providing me the answer.

The Brazilians got the dosing wrong. They over-prescribed..by a lot...like 2-3x to strong. That is why they had some heart failure issues.

Also, as another poster (BBronston) pointed out, since all the other study results to date showing HCQ as being highly effective were considered anecdotal, then so too must the Brazilian study.

I'll stand by my original proclamation..."TRUMPS DRUGS WORKING"

Old 04-14-2020, 01:05 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Brazilians got the dosing wrong. They over-prescribed..by a lot...like 2-3x to strong. That is why they had some heart failure issues.
good Lord....they poisoned them...are the Brazilian Drs really that stupid....I guess so

"Low group was 450 twice daily for five days; high group was 600 for ten days."

...they got the two meds completely mixed up

Old 04-14-2020, 06:31 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
Here's another "maybe it worked" article: https://www.dailywire.com/news/warni...ign=benshapiro

Old 04-15-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Here's another "maybe it worked" article: https://www.dailywire.com/news/warni...ign=benshapiro
Rita Wilson took Chloroquine which is a much more toxic med than Hydroxychloroquine which is why she had the side effects.

Daniel Dae Kim took Hydroxychloroquine, which ~40% weaker, or less toxic, and had no side effects.

Both recovered. What would have happened if neither took the meds? We'll never know, but results from clinical trials should be forthcoming.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:37 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Here is a daily report about the various drugs used and the outcomes.

https://agilum.com/agilum-releases-n...ate-analytics/

Old 04-15-2020, 09:32 AM

...great link Variable...thank you!

I wish they would stop combining the two drugs.....hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine.....in their surveys as if they are the same and work the same......they are not the same....

..and when they combine the two in these surveys you can't tell if the good results are because of one....or the other

anyhow....they show an extreme high success using the 2 drug cocktail....either hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine...in combination with azithromycin (zpack)

and their ALOS with the combination...with or without comorbidity.... is only 1 week...more good news because most of the side effects if someone has them at all....is from longer term usage

Trump drugs are working....

Old 04-15-2020, 02:13 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Nope, not working at all, no matter how hard you Trumpsters want it to:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...bjR-MuKzjV2SmU

Researchers compared more than 180 patients – some receiving hydroxychloroquine treatment and others who were not treated with the drug – and found their outcomes were almost identical.

The research by doctors and scientists from 12 hospitals and public research institutes across France, is the most comprehensive study so far of the performance of the controversial drug in hospitals and involves the most Covid-19 patients.

“These results do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalised for documented Sars-CoV-2-positive hypoxic pneumonia,” the authors said in a non-peer reviewed paper released by medRxiv.org on Tuesday.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Nope, not working at all,
the link you posted went on to say this...

"Zhong Nanshan, a senior Chinese government scientist in Guangzhou, told local media that his team would soon publish a paper with positive results for chloroquine phosphate, another derivative drug in the chloroquine family.
“The average time [with chloroquine phosphate treatment] for the virus to turn negative is four days, and the control group [without the treatment] is eight or nine days. This improvement of symptoms is very certain,” Zhong told state television on Tuesday.
“It can be a very effective cure.”

I think the jury is still out on this one......

Old 04-16-2020, 05:15 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
You really hate Trump... don't you.
You really worship Trump.....don't you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: