Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 06:49 AM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It's inappropriate to discuss politics here. There's another forum for that, and its not here.
Agree. It seems this, and almost every other section of CD is getting overrun by political comments. It is now so far out of control, I would hate to be in the shoes of a moderator as you would spend every waking hour trying to clean up every thread.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:19 AM

451 posts, read 456,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Tell all the Doctors Worldwide that the Z-pak doesn't improve C-19 treatment outcomes.

Start with Dr. Raoult of France...he invented the Trump Drugs cocktail, and has now completed 3 tests of it, an all 3 showed the combination are more effective than either med by itself.

His last trial was over 1,000 patients, and the cocktail of both was 91% effective.

Calling people moron's comes off as sounding childish in case you were interested....probably not.
As I said before, trying isn't a bad thing, but hype can be dangerous. I also suggest looking at the Dr. and his testing methods. There are many red flags.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:33 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
Agree. It seems this, and almost every other section of CD is getting overrun by political comments. It is now so far out of control, I would hate to be in the shoes of a moderator as you would spend every waking hour trying to clean up every thread.
There are a few posters that do it repeatedly, each & every day. I'd like to see the mods take action against them.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:35 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Maybe a little asterisk next to posters names who have the 'disease'.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:40 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
To make the title of the thread political and then protest when that thread draws political talk you don't like is hypocrisy at its worst.

A couple of even more promising drugs are getting great results in trial:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...gests-n1181506

Quote:
The research, published Friday in The New England Journal of Medicine, looked at 53 coronavirus patients who had been given remdesivir through what’s called "compassionate use."

In a majority of the patients — 68 percent — doctors were able to reduce the amount of oxygen support needed. What's more, 17 of 30 patients who'd been on ventilators were able to come off of those machines. That's important because COVID-19 patients who need to be put on ventilators appear to be more likely to suffer long-term health consequences, and may have worse outcomes.
Another interesting antiviral goes into trial stage:

https://www.myelomacrowd.org/karyoph...linical-trial/

Quote:
The current COVID-19 virus is similar to the original SARS coronavirus that appeared in 2003. The relationship of SARS-CoV and XP01 was known as early as 2009. Selinexor helps push out certain SARS-CoV proteins out of a cell's nucleus. It also interacts with proteins that cause inflammatory respones that are associated with viral infections. Because high levels of XPO1 are found in inflammatory conditions and can cause organ damage, selinexor can also inhibit these inflammatory responses, reducing levels of inflammatory cytokines such as TNFa, IL-6 and IFNg.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:45 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWhom View Post
As I said before, trying isn't a bad thing, but hype can be dangerous. I also suggest looking at the Dr. and his testing methods. There are many red flags.
I've read that Dr. Raoult's HCQ tests (he's conducted 3 now) have gotten larger and larger, and increasingly conforming to scientific norms. His last test was over 1,000 patients, and showed the Trump Drugs to be 91% effective for treating C-19. I have not seen any critisisms of that test yet, but I have not gone looking either.

I know French President Macron met with him Friday, and immediately decided to make the med cocktail more widely available to the French public. I'm thinking Macron likely had his Health Minister with him during his visit with Dr. Raoult to examine his latest study's methods.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:33 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
The interesting thing about Remdesivir is that it's gotten a lot of buzz in animal medicine circles in the past 6-9 months because it's the first drug to actually work against FIP (feline infectious peritonitis), which had been a 100% fatal disease caused by a mutated coronavirus. So a 'miracle drug' for some cats.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:58 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
It is utterly irresponsible for any leader to even mention, infer or imply anything about a possible remedy at this period in the pandemic. It is dangerous and ONLY a sad attempt at self preservation given the calamity of errors and non-action by the current administration.

He only needs to state the truth as to we he's "qualified" to pontificate. We have the BEST and BRIGHTEST minds in the medical field working diligently to develop vaccines and treatments. Other than that, it's the highest and most egregious level of Snake Oil salesmanship that could cause more harm than good. Historically this is the case with any debilitating disease. We all want a quick fix but as the old saying goes, an OUNCE of prevention beats a POUND of cure. They dropped the ball on the prevention and mitigation effort, and now it's amongst us, so get ready for the long ride.

The irony of the situation is they (the current administration) decided to blindly cut "gubment" spending (tens of millions) of dollars from gubment public healthcare organizations established over the past two decades related to identifying, tracking, prevention, and mitigating these types outbreaks. Now it'll cost trillions of dollars to deal with the inevitable....what a bargain.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 04-11-2020 at 11:13 AM..

Old 04-11-2020, 11:07 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
No hyperbole there...nicely done.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:01 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
No hyperbole there...nicely done.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bbronston again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: