Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2020, 04:47 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times

Advertisements

I'm sure you all have heard the projections of cases going up as cold weather pushes people indoors.

Florida may be the exception to this, because for much of the state, this is arguably the best time of year to enjoy the outdoors! The only downside is it getting darker earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 06:55 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Persons who actually care about your delusional argument can read posts 191 and 192. You implied, cleverly, that the University of Washington's IHME made the 2.2 million COVID-19 U.S. death projection, AFTER I discussed current IHME projections in depth. Your unsuccessful effort was to discredit the IHME projections, by confusing the IHME with Trump "Big Lies." You never mentioned the Imperial College London, which did make that 2.2 million projection. And that projection was irrelevant to IHME, which had nothing to do with the Imperial College London projection. My discussion, which you attempted to refute, was always about the IHME.

And, of course, I read the CATO story. I even quoted the 2.2 million projection in post 198, to demonstrate it came from the Imperial College London.

I don't have time for this patent craziness.
You said it's Trumps big lie. I don't remember Trump saying "IHME" as a source. And now you are admitting that the 2.2M projection, is, in fact, real.

You literally argued it in post 198. And now you are changing the goalposts as if you didn't actually say this... Cool story.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:39 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
You said it's Trumps big lie. I don't remember Trump saying "IHME" as a source. And now you are admitting that the 2.2M projection, is, in fact, real.

You literally argued it in post 198. And now you are changing the goalposts as if you didn't actually say this... Cool story.
I never, never, never said the 2.2 million projection didn't happen. I always said it was something that came out of the U.K. Your posts repeatedly try to make it sound like it was a projection of the IHME. It never was, and, as reported in the CATO (a libertarian think tank) report, the IHME forecasts stood in contrast to 2.2 million U.S. death forecast from the Imperial College London. I've repeatedly explained the contrast between the two forecasts, and you completely falsely are saying that I denied the existence of a 2.2 million U.S. death forecast. I didn't, and I don't, but what I've repeatedly said THE BOGUS FORECAST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HIGHLY RESPECTED IHME FORECASTS. Do you deny this?????

Why do you continue to emphasize the 2.2 million forecast when it has nothing to do with the IHME, as I've repeatedly documented?

Trump continues to say that he saved 2 million lives. So he continues to rely on the bogus Imperial College London forecast.

Your attempt to twist what I said is pathetic, as any objective reader can read both of our posts on this issue and easily recognize your continually deceitfuly representations, especially regarding IHME forecasts. Hopefully, objective readers will recognize your work as that of a "Big Lie" propagandist, continually stating the same falsehoods hoping that they will become credible.

Clearly your goal was discredit the dire IHME forecasts for upcoming months, including the Florida projection of 29,000 deaths by February posted by the IHME. See post 191 and your deceitful post 192 attempting to discredit the IHME by falsely associating the IHME with the bogus 2.2 million death forecast made by Imperial College London. See post 198 for the contrast between the Imperial College London forecast and the IHME forecast.

Last edited by WRnative; 10-26-2020 at 08:48 PM..

Old 10-26-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:

Trump's Big Lie is that he claims repeatedly to have saved 2 million American lives during the pandemic. And he never discusses the source of the projection to my knowledge.

<<We rate this claim Mostly False.>>

https://khn.org/news/fact-check-pres...es-from-covid/

It's your Big Lie to associate repeatedly the bogus 2.2 million forecast with the respected IHME projections.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:02 PM

From my post 191:

Quote:
The Univ. of Washington's acclaimed COVID-19 projections, once used by the Trump adminitration, say 100,000 lives could be saved if 95 percent of Americans wore masks, according to NBC News. A significant percentage of these deaths likely will be in Florida.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...on-94623301979

Actually, the projection of lives saved by universal (100 percent) mask wearing is 130,000 lives.

<<Specifically, the paper projected that there could be some half a million Covid-19-related deaths in the U.S. by the end of February, and that some 130,000 of those tragedies might be forestalled with universal mask use. But experts warn that the figures from any of the model’s hypothetical scenarios are less useful than the comparison between the different possibilities. By putting those projections side by side, you can start to see how much of an effect something like mask-wearing might have on a population level, if you take the authors’ estimation that face coverings can reduce an individual’s risk of infection by about 40%.>>

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/23/...ng-study-says/

Persons seeking to avoid COVID-19 infection prior to the widespread introduction of COVID-19 vaccines, antibody cocktails, and perhaps other anti-viral drugs, should just avoid locations where persons aren't wearing masks.

Figure 1 here shows the relative weakness of social distancing mandates in Florida compared to other states. Figure 2 (enlarge) shows how Florida will have one of the most severe spikes in COVID-19 deaths in the four months ahead, according to the UWA projections.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-1132-9#Fig3

The Univ. of Washington's IHME currently projects 29,000 COVID-19 deaths in Florida by Feb. 1, not Feb. 28.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...aths&tab=trend

Florida soon will join the "top ten" list of most per capita COVID-19 deaths among U.S. states, and may reach top 5 status by the end of February.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

Several months ago, Floria was faring much better relative to other states.
Your entire post 192 with all of its deceitful craziness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartramBuck View Post
They also used projections for show MILLIONS would now be dead.

But through all their best efforts to inflate the numbers, we are at 230,000 who have died WITH Covid

And about 2 people wo have died BECAUSE of Covid.

This is a referendum on how FAT this country is.

Obesity, diabetes, cancer all pretty much from our HORRENDOUS western diet is why we are dying. Covid is just “another “ thing people are dying WITH because of our inability to eat whole, nutritional foods.

Once they put out the food pyramid and began the greatest experiment ever done on human beings, we were doomed to lower life expectancy.

No politician will fair any better. Not DeSantis, not trump, not Biden, no one, because this is just another thing we will now die from because we can’t push a plate away.
My post 194 responding to your post 192.

Quote:
The IHME Hybrid model has been very accurate.

https://www.healthdata.org/sites/def...ate_062520.pdf

<< The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation COVID19 model is probably the most popular and most accurate empirical model for COVID19 (Institute for Health Metrics Evaluation (IHME), 2020). >>

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...20.565589/full

Your "millions" claim likely reflects a UK projection if no mitigation procedures were implemented. Hard to tell as you don't substantiate any of your outlandish and false claims.

The rest of your post is similarly inaccurate and ridiculousness.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:13 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
I never, never, never said the 2.2 million projection didn't happen. I always said it was something that came out of the U.K. Your posts repeatedly try to make it sound like it was a projection of the IHME. It never was, and, as reported in the CATO (a libertarian think tank) report, the IHME forecasts stood in contrast to 2.2 million U.S. death forecast from the Imperial College London. I've repeatedly explained the contrast between the two forecasts, and you completely falsely are saying that I denied the existence of a 2.2 million U.S. death forecast. I didn't, and I don't, but what I've repeatedly said THE BOGUS FORECAST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HIGHLY RESPECTED IHME FORECASTS. Do you deny this?????

Why do you continue to emphasize the 2.2 million forecast when it has nothing to do with the IHME, as I've repeatedly documented?

Trump continues to say that he saved 2 million lives. So he continues to rely on the bogus Imperial College London forecast.

Your attempt to twist what I said is pathetic, as any objective reader can read both of our posts on this issue and easily recognize your continually deceitfuly representations, especially regarding IHME forecasts. Hopefully, objective readers will recognize your work as that of a "Big Lie" propagandist, continually stating the same falsehoods hoping that they will become credible.

Clearly your goal was discredit the dire IHME forecasts for upcoming months, including the Florida projection of 29,000 deaths by February posted by the IHME. See post 191 and your deceitful post 192 attempting to discredit the IHME by falsely associating the IHME with the bogus 2.2 million death forecast made by Imperial College London. See post 198 for the contrast between the Imperial College London forecast and the IHME forecast.
Lol. You are insufferable. "2.2M forecast exists from UK" ... "Trump references it" ... "Trump is a big liar"

Okie dokie.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Lol. You are insufferable. "2.2M forecast exists from UK" ... "Trump references it" ... "Trump is a big liar"

Okie dokie.
I would hope that I am always deemed insufferable to "Big Lie" propagandists who rely on facing few or paltry rebuttals to the deceit, distortions, and too often ridiculousness that they constantly are peddling.

As for Trump:

<<Quinnipiac’s latest polling shows that majorities of Pennsylvania seniors consider Trump a dishonest man who doesn’t care about average Americans.>>

https://www.inquirer.com/news/trump-...-20201018.html

A "dishonest weekend?" I'm curious, do Floridians attending Trump's rallies even believe his falsehoods???

<<Trump has been reliably deceptive for his entire presidency, filling his speeches and tweets with lies and other false statements.

The frequency and magnitude of his deception tends to accelerate, however, during campaign season -- when he complements his usual ad-libbed inaccuracy with a barrage of inaccurate statements that are written into his speech scripts....

Trump claimed in Florida, "Even without the vaccine, the pandemic's going to end. It's gonna run its course. It's gonna end. They'll go crazy. He said 'without the vaccine' -- watch, it'll be a headline tomorrow. These people are crazy. No, it's running its course. We're rounding the turn. You see the numbers, and we're rounding the turn."

Facts First: The numbers -- newly confirmed cases, hospitalizations, the test positivity rate -- were all getting worse, not better, at the time Trump spoke. There was no basis for his vague claim that we were "rounding the turn.">>

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/polit...sin/index.html

Once again, a simple question that you seem unwilling to answer: Do you still maintain falsely that the IHME published the 2.2 million U.S. COVID-19 death forecast, on which Trump relies in his claim that he has saved 2 million American lives?

You have proven that IHME's forecast of 29,000 COVID-19 Florida deaths by February is an ugly challenge for Trump Big Lie propagandists. So you've attempted, hopefully uncessfully, to muddle IHME's exemplary reputation.

Last edited by WRnative; 10-27-2020 at 09:56 AM..

Old 10-27-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Yawn. I'm not going to read your long winded ranting nonsense.
Gotcha. You prefer pithy deceit with no substantiation.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:53 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
This reads like a Bugs Bunny cartoon....

Old 10-27-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
This reads like a Bugs Bunny cartoon....
Right. A reputable projection of 29,000 COVID-19 deaths in Florida by February is funny stuff. Florida's doctors, nurses, and first responders should be laughing their heads off, right?

Maybe someone should make "Doctor Strangelove II: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Learned to Love COVID-19."

I wonder if Alec Baldwin would agree to play Trump. We also would need someone as talented as Peter Sellers to play Dr. Scott Atlas. Of course, the movie would need one or more actors to play Fox News anchors, and certainly a character portraying a "Big Lie" social media poster would be essential. We should work a DeSantis character into the story line.

The movie would be an obvious hit in some senior communities. Perhaps in The Villages, they would stream the movie on a 85-inch TV, no masks allowed, in a community room. The Trump cult Boomers could relive their youthful experience watching "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in a crowded theater. Clearly, this would be the ultimate, interactive event.

Heck, why not set the production in The Villages after a Trump rally!!!

For the youngsters reading this post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Strangelove

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ro...r_Picture_Show

Last edited by WRnative; 10-27-2020 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida