Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 07:38 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times

Advertisements

Tonight we're going to have some burgers "Big Mac" style - which means single-decker but both sides of the bun spread with thousand island dressing, and finely chopped onion with pickle slices on the bottom bun and shredded lettuce on the top bun.

It's a real gourmet meal, I tell you.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:03 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Morning all, burning on one hour of sleep. 4 yr old woke up throwing up and has a really high fever. Ugh, sooo tired but nothing I can do but keep watch over the little one.

Dinner tonight will be Younglisa's hearty chicken casserole. Need to use up some leftover chicken from last night.

Hope everyone has a great day. Oh Day 4 no smoking here I come.....

Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Horray---day 4!! Just think how wonderful this is for that baby of yours!! Try to rest up today. Sounds like your little one is another victum of this horrible flu bug!! Take care of yourself too!! Day 4--Good job! This is the hardest time--the first week or two!! I'm right here by your side my friend!!

Decided on meatloaf. I keep reading about it here and that made me hungry for it and decided that I should use up that meatloaf mix, pork and beef, as it's been in the freezer a month now. So I'll have green beans and potatoes to go with the meatloaf!!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
On line.....I am all for it.....In real life....I am shy and socially awkward.

Would you believe that I am too Elston unless I am with people I know.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Would you believe that I am too Elston unless I am with people I know.
Me too, hubby on the other hand is the life of the party. Me not so much.

Elston in regards to the carrot, you could puree it in the blender so it would meld with the sauce. (That's if you want to be really sneaky, lol)

Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 AM

48,136 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Me too, hubby on the other hand is the life of the party. Me not so much.

Elston in regards to the carrot, you could puree it in the blender so it would meld with the sauce. (That's if you want to be really sneaky, lol)
I like the idea of putting it in whole and removing it before serving....
but with the san marzano tomatoes it really isnt necessary....they don't seem to be acidic. And getting the blender out and then washing it.....thats a lot of trouble.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
MTH-if you can make it today girl you can do it forever.

Just steamed the lobster tails and removed from shell to be chunked later into alfredo sauce.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:42 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Good morning! I am also another rather shy one. I suppose we wouldn't think of our friends here as shy because everyone jumps in and chats so well. Gotta love a social cyber group!

Ok, I took out ground beef for dinner and still unsure what to make with it. Choices are chili, meatloaf or spaghetti. Then, I read Debsi's post and now I know!! Yahoo! Sounded so good and I haven't had a burger since I drove home from Vegas over 3 weeks ago!

Gotta go get some buns and pickles, I have the rest. Do you put cheese on them, Debsi?

Off to the store, I will be back later...

Have a Tasty Tuesday!!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
MTH-if you can make it today girl you can do it forever.

Just steamed the lobster tails and removed from shell to be chunked later into alfredo sauce.
That sounds like a wonderful dinner. Congratulations on your anniversary. I hope (well I know) I will have as many wonderful years as you. This year will be my 15th! Still have a ways to go.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:53 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Good morning! I am also another rather shy one. I suppose we wouldn't think of our friends here as shy because everyone jumps in and chats so well. Gotta love a social cyber group!
!

Makes me wonder if we all got into a room together... after having chatted so long with one another.... would we be our usual shy selves???? hmmmmmmmmm I would like to think I would be like I am on here.... hopefully.... I do try to break out of my shell more....

I still have to pull that salmon out of the freezer... I have no motivation... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh skbs is still bumming around the house in her sweats and tshirt.... no makeup and her hair is in a frizzy ponytail.... I don't see this Salmon plan going the way I had originally thought it out..... not at the rate I am going today....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink