Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 06:24 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Elston-I never put sugar in ny sauce/gravy I put a carrot-it's anazong how it reduces the acidity, I will either chop it fine or just drop it whole and toss it.
I used to do that and really like it ..... but I got to get the carrot out before DP sees it....he doesnt like the IDEA of carrot in the spaghetti sauce....I tried grating it.....but thats not fair...he really seems to dislike it???????????/ But I didnt think of a whole carrot that could be removed.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Good morning all. The dentist gave me extra Novocaine yesterday so I wouldn't be sore for too long. I was still numb when I went to bed. Anyway my hubby and I were watching TV and I started laughing. He said, "OMG you look so funny I have to get a picture" Nice! Do I look that bad? He said "oh yeah just don't laugh." I went in front of the mirror to look and when I laugh nothing happens to the left side of my face. Very scary looking. Needless to say he got the picture and won't let me delete it. I'm mostly back to normal this morning.

Sausage(the sweet ones) and peppers for my DH. Chicken and either noodle or rice soup for me.

I know what you are all saying about some of the other forums. It's like a babe going into the woods. Too much un needed stress out there.

Jaxson- Oh be careful with that oil.

Debsi- What else did you plant? I bet you won't forget to label them again.

MBW- I feel your excitement. I am so glad you got all that figured out.

elston- It all sounds wonderful. Can I be one of your kids next week? I promise I'll be good.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Well, we are all so sluggish this morning. Chatterbox didnt get up in time for Diva to make the bus. I wasn't going to wake her up because I knew she wasn't feeling her best yesterday. SO, I drove Diva this morning. Even Diva was in slo-mo though. I think we all just really need next week's vacation from school to get over these bugs we have caught. I can feel some bronchitis a brewin'.... never a good thing. I should probably call the Dr and take care of it....

So jealous of all you gardeners getting out and working in the soil.... I can't wait to even just see the ground!!!! I am finally seeing a little green of grass in the front lawn... but mostly snow still (and not the pretty WHITE stuff either). We should have such a good thaw this week that I am hoping it is mostly gone (fingers crossed).

What a good idea about the carrot in the sauce... and SNEAKY Elston DP would never even know..... Great thinking Lacey....

Tonight for dinner.... well... I don't have any after school activities tonight. It is amazing and shocking to me that I might just have the night FREE! No running around. In fact. I might not have to leave this house all day if I don't want to.... if I don't WANT TO... LOL.... Now, what would I make for dinner? Hubby has't had his salmon in a while. Maybe I will make that with that honey balsamic glaze he likes so much. The kids I can just throw in some chicken in the oven because we all know the Chicken A La Salmon didn't go over so hot last time... I think I will make some scalloped potatoes with that and BROC of course.... do you ALL laugh at me when I say that??? I even laugh at myself now..... it is a shame they don't enjoy other things.... AND a salad....

Old 02-10-2009, 07:16 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times
Good Morning Foodies

Have no clue for tonight maybe leftover meatloaf.we'll see

bjh I am laughing about your adventure to the Politics threads...so very scary and such hate that comes out of a lot of people.
Another scary adventure is relationships and parenting.................OMG Everyone is an expert.

I like my happy little Community Chat threads.

Have a great day all.

Elston I have such a visual of the buffet in your beautiful home......I think I may put myself up for adoption. Are you adopting????????

Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 AM

Default I cant believe I ate the whole thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
What a good idea about the carrot in the sauce... and SNEAKY Elston DP would never even know..... Great thinking Lacey....
Yes a great idea....I kept trying to chop it or grate it so he wouldnt notice....I didnt thnk to leave it whole and then remove it! LOL

Old 02-10-2009, 07:19 AM

I think we just need to have a Foodie Party at Elston's House just to enjoy his food and check out his new decorating!!!! I am a really good event planner! I could totally plan it Elston!!! LOL.... Everyone can just DM me their schedules and I am sure we could put something together.... LOL hahah

Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 AM

On line.....I am all for it.....In real life....I am shy and socially awkward.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
On line.....I am all for it.....In real life....I am shy and socially awkward.
I am shocked! You would be the life of the party! (but believe it or not... I am too in very large groups)

Old 02-10-2009, 07:29 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I used to do that and really like it ..... but I got to get the carrot out before DP sees it....he doesnt like the IDEA of carrot in the spaghetti sauce....I tried grating it.....but thats not fair...he really seems to dislike it???????????/ But I didnt think of a whole carrot that could be removed.
That's funny, DH is used to my tricks and doesn't mind them. I always chop a carrot or two into the sauce. I dice it pretty fine or blitz it in the mini-chopper - I often add zucchini and celery too, in this fashion. You can't even taste it in the end product, and you're adding lots of nutrition to your meat sauce, I figure. I think he is glad he is eating the vegetables and doesn't mind because he can't taste them. It would be different if I served him a big pile of cooked carrot and zucchini coins!

[quote=younglisa7;7402902]

Debsi- What else did you plant? I bet you won't forget to label them again.

I just have some basil and italian parsley so far, in addition to the jalapeno sprouts. I'm going to do a couple of roma tomatoes next. I want to start working on some flowers soon, and I'm not sure whether I want to direct sow my leeks and carrots or start them indoors.

I definitely better remember the sharpie and the labels next time so I don't have mystery botany theatre going on in the dining room anymore!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Good morning. I will have to go back and catch up on my break, but school is about to start and I just wanted to say hi!

Last night's pasta was great. Really hit the spot and I brought some for lunch today. Today is another 12 hour day for me work-wise. I don't know how people can do that all the time. I can't stand it. By the time you get home, you eat, watch an hour of tv, and then have to go to bed. 9 hour days are enough for me, thank you very much! I can't wait until this musical is over -- three more weeks!!

Anyway, tonight's dinner will be quick and easy and hopefully, ready for me when I walk in the door: leftover pork tenderloin, stove top stuffing, and steamed broccoli and cheese.

There's the bell. Later gators!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink