Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 04:41 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Advertisements

I am making spaghetti with a meat sauce and hot Italian sausage! It smells good.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
We had pasta too, Elston. Feel like I'm coattailing on your post.

Ziti with chicken and tomato sauce, zucchini, yellow squash, sprinkle of parmesan.

Had a choc-mint grasshopper cookie after. It was deeelicious!

That's not candy, right? Right!?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:46 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Hi all. Lots of pasta going on tonight. I spent 4 hours in the dentists chair. No real pain but right now I still can't feel my face. I imagine I will be very sore later. On top of that they gave me two "temporary" crowns so I have to go back. Grilled steak and french fries for my hubby. I had scrambled eggs and I'm thinking sugar free chocolate pudding later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Lisa - soooo, you gettin crowned today????
Oh yeah. It was a double.

cw- I love turkey sandwiches with stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mayo. Sounds disgusting but it is so good.

mth- Congratulations on the "no smoking". Woo hoo. Keep it up.

kelsie- You have outdone yourself.

Lacey- Is your fitting "tomorrow?" I got that mixed up. Thought it was today.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:57 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
YLisa-tried it on today-Mr. L was thrilled. But slight alterations tomorrow night-after 41 yrs he told me I looked great and that's why he married me-guess that's why I stayed-he's forgiving and loving.

We're now thinking of steaming lobster and mixing with fettucine alfredo. Whatever it will be better than what we had when we got to the St Regis in NYC hungry after our reception and order roast beef sands. They were awful but then who cared!!!!! We were younger!

Night all Antiques Roadshow for us antiques.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:06 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Just got back from lurking in the politics forum. It's brutal in there! Going back now.. *holds breath*

Old 02-09-2009, 06:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
taco casserole and salad.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:07 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
YLisa-tried it on today-Mr. L was thrilled. But slight alterations tomorrow night-after 41 yrs he told me I looked great and that's why he married me-guess that's why I stayed-he's forgiving and loving.

We're now thinking of steaming lobster and mixing with fettucine alfredo. Whatever it will be better than what we had when we got to the St Regis in NYC hungry after our reception and order roast beef sands. They were awful but then who cared!!!!! We were younger!

Ohhhh, how sweet!!! I wish you both many many more years of happiness!!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:18 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
YEAH! I sat here thinking about, what in the world is my password, and guess what? It WAS one I tried yesterday, but didn't use a capital letter!! Case sensitive, I have to remember!! Although, I am going to write my password in my little notebook with all my passwords. Memory gets so bad as we age.
LOL. I totally understand! Glad you figured it out and can come "play" with us here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well, dinner changed tonight.... I made Turkey Meat Loaf... Baked Yams.... BROC... and corn... total HIT!!!!!
NOOO!!! Broccoli even?? LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
, I made a tuna melt on rye bread!
Now that sounds really good right about now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Tonight we are broiling beef rib-eye steak. The sides are baked beans along with a few cubed red potatoes drizzled with olive oil and baked. A bit of kosher salt, fresh ground black peppercorns and garlic powder went on the potatoes also. The Steak is marinated beforehand in soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, beer and lemon juice. A-1 sauce will go on the steak after it has rested. A little Tapatio will get sprinkled on the potatoes after coming out of the oven.
And our invitations MUST have gotten lost???? I have used beer for hush puppies and batters, but never on a steak! Hmmmm.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am making spaghetti with a meat sauce and hot Italian sausage! It smells good.
I always omit the Italian sausages when I make spaghetti or lasagna. Mainly because I don't like really hot stuff, and also that I don't really know the "right" sausage to buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I spent 4 hours in the dentists chair. No real pain but right now I still can't feel my face. I imagine I will be very sore later. On top of that they gave me two "temporary" crowns so I have to go back.
Lisa, I am soooooo sorry you had to endure that! Bummer! Especially if you have to go back!

Quote:
***sigh*** What a romantic thing to say/hear!!! I bet you look "simply mahvelous" darling!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Just got back from lurking in the politics forum. It's brutal in there! Going back now.. *holds breath*
Have we not taught you ANYTHING?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
taco casserole and salad.
Sounds right up my alley right now!

Dinner was meatloaf (my meatloaf is never the same), but this one actually may rate writing the ingredients down! Was sooooo good! Also leftover mashed potatoes, green beans, baked beans, field peas and snaps with a few vidalia onions thrown in!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,136,290 times
meatloaf, BBQ ranch beans, potato salad, cole slaw, bread and butter!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,403 times
Quote:

Happy Anniversary!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink