Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I am going to make like cheese and head to my cave.....too tired.... goodnight all!
Thanks for that laugh...If I get by Sams place one day soon I'm stocking up on American cheese...5 lbs of slices...Burger season is here...

Old 02-10-2009, 06:19 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
There are times I'd rather have Velveeta than cheddar-to me and DH metlted cheddar is too greasy.

Fetticiune/lobsta was so good. Gown being altered-Out tomorrow for lunch and dinner. Kitchen closed til Friday.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:31 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,452,647 times
I haven't posted here in a while... I was so dang sick, I wasn't cooking... just eating delivery and chinese I'd picked up when I went to the doctor.

After grocery shopping, I didn't feel like cooking much tonight, so I bought a roasted chicken (Bourbon!) from the grocery store and I've got some leftover pilaf... think I'll heat up a can of stewed tomatoes or nuke some frozen corn to go with it. Thinking I might douse the chix with Stubb's Spicy BBQ sauce and put it under the broiler for a few minutes ... got a hankerin' for some reason....

Hope you've all been well. I had no appetite and couldn't seem to muster the oomph to post about grilled cheese/tomato sandwiches for lunch, or tomato soup with a tuna melt. lol Not very high living the last few weeks, but I seem to have some pretty good zip back in my giddy up, so I'm back!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I bet Kat would jump right in. I can't picture her being shy.
I am really a very shy and unassuming person - I do prefer being left alone and not having to strike up a conversation..........OK, I am sooooo lying! LOL You hit the nail on the head there, girlfriend! I can be a little shy for about 5 seconds - then it's jumping in with both feet! LOL Unless I really really feel uncomfortable in my surroundings - which doesn't happen that much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed still for a burger..Cave cheese is not a problem with me...Cave or case, what's a letter among friends?
Ohhhhh noooo! LOL!
Quote:
I am going to make like cheese and head to my cave.....too tired.... goodnight all!
Too cute! Night!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Fetticiune/lobsta was so good. Gown being altered-Out tomorrow for lunch and dinner. Kitchen closed til Friday.
*Droooooling* I am sooooo thinking about lobster (lobstah?) now!!!! Just wondering, are you sending your gown out for dry cleaning, or are you going to iron at home???

Old 02-10-2009, 06:51 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Jessie it's the broth that holds the "healing" powers in chicken soup.

gdude this thread can go quickly so jump in and ask questions we are a very friendly bunch around here.

skbs I think you better sit beside me at the meet up so I can rein you in if needed.

Lacey glad your special dinner was successful!

Coastal glad you are back in here with us even though I have been 'talking' to ya in other threads.

Kats I was so not believing your start of your last post.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
elston.........they make a spicy velveeta you might want to check out for your enchiladas.

I can also help bartend at the party, or perhaps teach a group dance???

we stuff Jack's (our dog) Kong with two pieces of Velveeta (or generic) cheese slices and he is happy as a clam for a good half hour or so......

Everyone's dinners sound great! I am especially jealous of LaceyEx's lobster fettucine....mmmmm. We had leftover pork tenderloin, StoveTop Stuffing, and corn. Quick and ready in 5 minutes. I had the day from hell at school today so I don't care. My second glass of cabernet is helping me to forget about it though.

p.s. I am also quite shy among strangers!!

p.p.s. anyone else having a hard time giving out reps in here? As this is pretty much the only thread I visit, I am finding this a pain!!

Last edited by HighlandsGal; 02-10-2009 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: p.s. stuff

Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Well, I did the unthinkable today, I ventured into the Politics forum. I did not post anything, just looking, what a hostile environment/group they are over. I looked at the one post something like this, "why do all Republicans hate minorities"? All I could think of at that moment was, "here we go", unbelievable, what an angry group of people.
I know exactly what you're saying. I don't think my blood pressure can handle the "sugar" that goes on over there.

It is much safer in foodville.

Quote:

Skbs... Why don't you make like a tree.... and get outta here!

(ya gotta be able to name that movie)

Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Skbs... Why don't you make like a tree.... and get outta here!

(ya gotta be able to name that movie)
Back to the Future - 2 or 3?????

Old 02-10-2009, 07:01 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Well dinner was an open pork loin sandwich with some BBQ sauce on it...and pickled beets...Odd marriage but it worked...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:16 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,651 times
Hello you WONDERFUL group of FOODIES!!
Elston if you are still interested I have a good marinade recipe for carne asada (or anyone else)
Lacey <333333!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink