Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 05:55 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Ok, ya'll! I am so happy! The tests came back from the biopsy on my Mom! NO CANCER!!!!! NO CANCER!!! NO CANCER!!!!! Thank you all for your care and concern! I appreciate it more than you will know! Now, all that's left for them to do with Mama is to wait 3 months and do another scan checking on the "hotspot" showing in her lung. They put the camera down there and everything, but could not biopsy it because of some veins or some such. But at least we know the "hotspot" showing in her neck is not cancer!

Praise the Lord!
Hallelujah!!! What a glorious piece of news to come home to - thank you so much, Kat, for letting us share your joy! Oh, I do hope-hope-hope that the good news continues; please keep us in the loop.

You know, I am reminded of a quote from Spider Robinson, the science fiction author: "Sorrow shared is sorrow divided, joy shared is joy multiplied." It's been a while since I read the Callahan's stories so I don't recall the exact words, but I think this bunch of folks does a fine job of exemplifying the concept.

Kat, please let us keep on helping you divide your sorrows and multiply your joys, and pass on our hugs and well wishes to your parents!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Such a relaxing evening.

Child 1 watching TV. All is calm.
Child 2 comes home and gets gum on sofa. Panic.
2 mins later...
Friend 1 calls collecting for chuch - will I buy Pumpkin? where is wallet, where is cash???
Four mins later...
Friend 2 pops round w charity request to buy candy for scouts; no cash left; where is check book?????
2 mins later...
Child 3 comes home, goes in back yard w/child 2 - a large explosion occurs. Child 2 was playing with dad's rocket-making kit and nearly blows hand off. No serious injury. I'll get him later.

During all this I am trying to make dinner. Mini pasta wheels, homemade tomato sauce, crispy bacon, romano cheese. Very nice, apparently. I was too stressed out to eat!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Such a relaxing evening.

2 mins later...
Friend 1 calls collecting for chuch - will I buy Pumpkin? where is wallet, where is cash???
Four mins later...
Friend 2 pops round w charity request to buy candy for scouts; no cash left; where is check book?????
2 mins later...
Child 3 comes home, goes in back yard w/child 2 - a large explosion occurs. Child 2 was playing with dad's rocket-making kit and nearly blows hand off. No serious injury. I'll get him later.

During all this I am trying to make dinner. Mini pasta wheels, homemade tomato sauce, crispy bacon, romano cheese. Very nice, apparently. I was too stressed out to eat!
Oh, I really shouldn't laugh, but that is SUCH a familiar litany of disasters! I hope the gum can be easily cleaned, that the rocket kit gets put away more carefully next time (just out of curiosity, when you say "I'll get him later," did you mean Child 2 or his dad?), and most of all, that your stress levels reduce enough that you can eat some of that good supper. And thanks for sharing, by the way; we all have nights like that, and it's good perspective to know that we're not alone.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:04 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,737,078 times
Burger King!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Oh, I really shouldn't laugh, but that is SUCH a familiar litany of disasters! I hope the gum can be easily cleaned, that the rocket kit gets put away more carefully next time (just out of curiosity, when you say "I'll get him later," did you mean Child 2 or his dad?), and most of all, that your stress levels reduce enough that you can eat some of that good supper. And thanks for sharing, by the way; we all have nights like that, and it's good perspective to know that we're not alone.

I'll get both of them later - thanks for reminding me! Dad should have hidden the little bombs away, and science-mad son knows better anyway...and is now contemplating a week without his beloved computer. HA!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
I'll get both of them later - thanks for reminding me! Dad should have hidden the little bombs away, and science-mad son knows better anyway...and is now contemplating a week without his beloved computer. HA!
That just might work...

Old 10-02-2008, 06:12 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
MidwesternBW - Thank you so much! What you said about joy multiplied and sorrow divided is so true and very nicely said! I don't think I even realized how worried I was until I shared this with ya'll and felt so much better! Of course when I found out the good news I could not wait to tell everyone here!

Southdown - Bless your heart! You have really had a day haven't you? Did you get the gum out? Perhaps some of my baby poo dip would dissolve the gum??

Old 10-02-2008, 06:31 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Quote:
Such a relaxing evening.

2 mins later...
Four mins later...
2 mins later...

You deserve a day at the spa for a mani/pedi and a 60 min massage... totally! Along with a LARGE glass of wine!!!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:39 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
So like Elston and Cyn I go on the meat loaf wagon he he he. I used Tyler's Ultimate meat loaf recipe. It is delicious! Tomato and red bell pepper relish, brown gravy moist meat loaf, mmm mmm mashed potatoe, and green beans. Hub was happy but had to go do a sde job. Poor guys works his butt off. Well at least he eats good
Kats YYYyyeeeAAHH!! good news

Old 10-02-2008, 06:43 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
Thanks Amber! What is Tyler's meatloaf recipe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink