Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 05:51 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,253 times

Advertisements

Well we were going to have steak on the grill until...............

we saw the bear meander through the yard.

Decided to put it under the broiler instead.

Turkeys are one thing, a BEAR is another. We won't be doin' any grillin' for a bit.

Speaking of tomatos, I grew some cherries last year but due to an extended vacation over the summer decided not to plant any this year, but....just the other day in the yard, in a kind of wild area, found a whole cherry tomato vine with tons of tomatoes on it!!!! They are all green, but I'm going to wait a few days, sneak out when the bear's not around, and grab 'em.

Do bears eat tomatoes?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:01 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Made a little revision tonight... was feeling like making an attempt at sauce after the thread about making your own sauce or using a jar... I decided to make my own... used diced tomatoes, a ton of garlic, onion, balsamic Vin, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper, EVOO.... let it simmer there for quite some time... popped in my shrimp. Boiled up some pasta and tossed the two together.... just for the hubby and me... it was very yummy if I do say so myself...

Old 08-27-2008, 07:19 PM

702 posts, read 1,984,404 times
Well today I went to the grocery store because I wanted chicken breasts, low and behold I found a pack for 16 cents..hahaha..they mispriced it anyhoo, I seared the chicken with butter in a pan added a can of cream of chicken soup, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, fresh parsley and a handful of mixed shredded cheese..than I steamed up some long grain rice and put the chicken mixture on top of that and opened a can of green beans added some butter and dried onion in them and I had din din...

Old 08-27-2008, 07:33 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
Well today I went to the grocery store because I wanted chicken breasts, low and behold I found a pack for 16 cents..hahaha..they mispriced it anyhoo, I seared the chicken with butter in a pan added a can of cream of chicken soup, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, fresh parsley and a handful of mixed shredded cheese..than I steamed up some long grain rice and put the chicken mixture on top of that and opened a can of green beans added some butter and dried onion in them and I had din din...
You lucky duck... made out like a bandit!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Well, supper was a peanut butter sandwich eaten in the car on my way to the first night of class. 6 to 10 pm Mondays and Wednesdays for the next 6 weeks, plus they expect us to log a minimum of 2 hours, preferably 3 or 4, a night on homework and practice. And that's for just first of four sections. <sigh> Sometimes I think I'm getting too old for this nonsense.

However, it's almost as good as eating to be able to read about all the other wonderful suppers everyone else is having tonight, so thanks, y'all, for sharing!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:16 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,348,695 times
Tonight was tri tip steak with sauteed onions and yellow peppers, in a sauce with soy, ginger, and a tiny bit of brown sugar.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:38 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times
Last night I prepared a soup from all the scratch I could find in the fridge. Hubby liked it a lot.

I only had a small scoop of vanilla ice cream with a bit of whipped cream, chocolate syrup and half a baby pineapple. What a dinner?!?!

So it's leftover soup tonight.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:39 AM

702 posts, read 1,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I did a double take when I saw the sticker and I thought watch I will have to fight them over the price but nope it rang up fine..hahahahah

Old 08-28-2008, 05:40 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,226,477 times
Last night we had Crazyworld's chicken marsala, which came out yummy, with sides of rigatoni and sauce, (I used bottled sauce doctored up), and string beans.

We'll have meatloaf tonight. It's already prepared and in the freezer, so I just have to defrost and bake it. Whipped potatoes on the side and yet-to-be-determined veggie.

Case - I always enjoyed The Black Eyed Pea. My fav was their chicken fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes and fried okra. (I used to live in North Dallas at the Addison border.) We don't have any of them here in AZ (although my arteries are probably grateful).

Mommytotwo - That would have scared me out of grilling, too! I'm not sure I would have been thrilled with turkeys running around either. I am such a "suburbia" gal, I think the most I could handle is a deer. LOL.

Skbs - I bet your sauce was delicious

Newtoutah - I should go shopping with you. What a steal.

Ira - Sounds yummy!

Old 08-28-2008, 05:41 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,226,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Ooohhh! Now that's something I haven't had in a long time: duck a l'orange. I'll have to check out the duck next time I'm in the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink