Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 02:59 AM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times

Advertisements

So tired today was long. I know now what being a MOM is all About! Gosh! I cook it, I clean it, and I put it all away on my b-day. Hubby is sleeping. I think he thought it was his b-day ha ha... REALLY LATE... I made the rice pudding mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I did not touch the cake Carne asada, pico de gallo. spicy pinto beans... I am going to bed <3 Mom thank you for the b day wishes.... wish I were there. Everyone thanks for making this thread a better place

Last edited by amberbaby27; 09-15-2008 at 03:08 AM..

Old 09-15-2008, 03:07 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Hope you had a good one!
I think I`ll put a pot roast on tomorrow.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Oh Amber when you're a Mom and DW birthdays are not what they used to be!

Do you all see how close we are to 10,000 posts??????????

Finally stopped raining-maybe burgers.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
You are right lacey---once we become parents things do change--lots! It's no longer about "us"!
Hope your days warm up lacey and you will get a few more warmer, clear days before winter decides to come. The weather here has been crazy...colder days then warmer days! Never know what tomorrow may bring! Looks like we may be getting a little rain, not real sure but probably will not attempt a BBQ tonight. Maybe I'll do lasagna with garlic toast and a salad. Not to sure yet though.......

Old 09-15-2008, 05:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
BTW the origins, history and meaning of the name of the famous British delicacy 'toad in the hole' are lost in time.

However, I like the last, and possibly most plausible explanation here...

Tel said....
Toad-in-the-hole origin unveiled?? - World of Vince
Looks alot like a pub dish that I've had a few times called "Bangers and Mash" and it was very good!

Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
OH> Forgot to add... SKBS will now be going without CHOCOLATE...... it was a good weekend to say ADIOS to the good stuff...
SKBS, If it's caffeine that has you off the nectar of life called chocolate might I suggest carob as a substitute?
No caffine and it'll pretty much satisfy those chocolate cravings. When I was young I was allergic to chocolate (boy life can be cruel to kids) so I lived on carob candy bars and such and it was ok.

"A Comparison: Chocolate vs. Carob
Carob has been around for as long as chocolate - and in the health food industry, longer! Carob was used as a sweetener and digestive aid in Ancient Egypt at the same time as the Aztecs were eating cocoa.

Made from the seeds or beans of the carob tree (also known as locust beans), which grow in long, horn-shaped pods, carob is naturally sweet and contains no stimulants or other drugs. It is safe for children and even dogs - to whom chocolate is poisonous.

Carob has long been used as a substitute for chocolate in recipes for healthier baked goods and sweets. Carob is alkalizing to the body, while chocolate creates acidity. Baking with carob also means you use less sugar, since carob powder is naturally sweeter than cocoa.

But Does Carob Taste As Good?
One of the biggest criticisms of carob as a substitute for chocolate is the claim that it doesn’t taste as good. Just like consumers, health food companies can buy into the theory that “health food isn’t supposed to taste as good” and produce awful carob. The ones that make the effort, however, make carob that is decadent, smooth and rich.

It doesn’t taste identical to chocolate, and lacks the caffeinated bite, but carob can be used to make carob brownies and other chocolate-like desserts that are just as good as the original."

Old 09-15-2008, 06:06 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Looks alot like a pub dish that I've had a few times called "Bangers and Mash" and it was very good!
Morning all !!!

Well, Bangers are sausages, and mash is...well, mash (-ed potatoes)! But toad in the hole is sausages cooked in a big pan of batter - like a giant yorkshire pudding. Goes well with mash tho!!

Woke up this morning and remembered I bought me a CROCKPOT yesterday!!! So now I'm going to have to do some major thread-searching for some yummy recipes for tonight's dinner...can't wait!!!

PS Any reminders of goodies gratefully received!!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Help, please everyone keep me in your thoughts today. I'm in deep culinary trouble. I must remember to get some jalapenos for my BLT's tonight. Extra jar in cupboard was a figment of my imagination. Maybe I will not loose the list just this once today and come home with a jar..

Old 09-15-2008, 08:30 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Help, please everyone keep me in your thoughts today. I'm in deep culinary trouble. I must remember to get some jalapenos for my BLT's tonight. Extra jar in cupboard was a figment of my imagination. Maybe I will not loose the list just this once today and come home with a jar..
Don't forget the jalapenos

Old 09-15-2008, 08:43 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
I just remembered what I was thinking when I got broadsided (pun intended). We are close the magic 10,000 so where's the dinner party? I can make a cooler full of potato salad. With and without the heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink