Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 02:45 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,590,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
op, you sound like a wonderful person

simple stuff like cooking a man you like a meal is a lost art

even if it doesnt turn out that great tastewise it's the fact that you went thru the trouble

_____
I think that might be illegal. Punctuation matters. :P

Sorry I just couldn't resist.

OP try doing oven fried chicken and for a side do some roasted corn on the cob and a good home made potato salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 02:55 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
whoops, lol

"for" seemed to have been ommited

Old 07-01-2014, 02:59 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,590,165 times
Quote:
whoops, lol

"for" seemed to have been ommited
Actually you didn't. It is just awkward sentence structure. People do it all the time. I just enjoy the unintended joke.

Anyway to stay on topic. If you like a man don't cook him. But do cook a nice meal for him. They way to a man's heart is still his stomach. I would caution you to try the recipie you want to serve him before the actual day so you will know if it will come out okay and you can make any adjustment if you need to.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:07 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Fried chicken, collard greens, mac n cheese. This is so sweet! ^_^ I love cooking; though I haven't cooked for a man in a long while.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:12 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What you cook should depend on your cooking experience. If you have never made fried chicken before I would not start with that dish.
This, times a million.

What's something you know you make well? Have that and a vegetable and a salad. And a dessert you can assemble like brownies, ice cream and chocolate sauce. It takes practice to make really good fried chicken.

Mashed potatoes are easy. I cut up new red potatoes, cook them in (very) salted boiling water until a sharp knife goes through the potato pieces, drain them, then mash them with as many of the following as you like:

butter
cream (or milk, or half-and-half)
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (the most impressive)
sour cream (I don't use this if I use Parm.)

And make sure you use enough salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:26 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
If he likes fried chicken, make sure that you can make it before trying it out on him. If you check out Food Network, the Neely's have a dish called Get Yo Man Chicken. I would probably do something like that, toss a salad, and then make a very nice dessert. Sounds like fun!

Old 07-01-2014, 03:29 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,429 times
It's great that you want to cook for your man, but fried chicken is actually kind of tricky to get right and you should practice first.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:33 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
It's great that you want to cook for your man, but fried chicken is actually kind of tricky to get right and you should practice first.
That's true. I forgot about that. How about a slow roasted chicken?

Old 07-01-2014, 03:47 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,514,281 times
Quote:
op, you sound like a wonderful person

simple stuff like cooking a man you like a meal is a lost art

even if it doesnt turn out that great tastewise it's the fact that you went thru the trouble

_____
In this day and age, it will probably be the first time anyone has cooked something for him and he'll likely be exceptionally impressed.

My last girlfriend cooked for me. She's now my wife. Just sayin'...

Old 07-01-2014, 03:48 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,514,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
That's true. I forgot about that. How about a slow roasted chicken?
Beer can chicken. Easy, delicious. Winner, winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink