Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 08:59 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times

Advertisements

I hesitated to read this because I'm on a diet, but here goes:
Breakfast: Everything bagels with lots of butter. Or, chocolate chip pancakes with lots of butter and syrup, or, my homemade French toast with lots of cinnimon, butter and syrup. Also bacon and eggs. Cheese blintzes. Coffee with heavy cream.

Lunch same as dinner:
Pasta, stuffed pastas, with butter, or my homemade marinara sauce, pesto, or oil and garlic. Or, rice with butter.
Breaded and baked pork chops. Or, breaded and fried chicken cutlets. Breaded and fried or baked chicken thighs with skin but deboned. Grilled PRIME rib steak with butter, salt and pepper. Fried chicken from fried chicken joint. Chinese chicken wings or boneless spareribs from Chinese take-out joint. Pizza. Good Italian bread, with butter or garlic bread. Mozzerella sticks. My homemade Chinese spareribs. Basically, anything that's "no good for you".

Deserts: Italian pastries. Dark chocolate brownies. Cookies. Most cakes and cheesecakes. Ice cream, Italian ices.

My favorite drinks with meals are diet coke/pepsi, crystal light lemonade or their iced tea, or cold water.

I could go on forever.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 07:52 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Ooh, I like this thread.

Breakfast: country fried steak with gravy, over easy eggs, and hash browns
Oh, and eggs benedict plus bacon. Gotta have bacon. Love breakfast.

Lunch : roasted pork belly with papaya salad, sticky purple rice (Southeast Asian)

Dinner: spaghetti carbonara with lots of applewood smoked bacon, cheese and red pepper flakes. I've been making this a lot lately and can never have enough.

Snack or dessert: cake and ice cream

Old 07-14-2015, 09:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88
I could go on forever.....
I hear ya bud!!!!

Between me and you,we could really fill this base up huh??

Old 07-14-2015, 12:33 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Prebreakfast: real hot cocoa with real whipped cream

Breakfast: eggs benedict with sautéed spinach in place of meat; soft scrambled eggs; croissants with homemade jam; a glazed donut and a raspberry Bismarck; mimosa (I am breakfasting in SXM at Ernest and Fidel's).

Midmorning Snack: guavaberry colada and a taco salad from Jimbo's in SXM.

Lunch: lobster roll; shrimp cocktail; lobster bisque; unsweetened iced tea; warm blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream; and maybe a pear and vanilla ice cream swirl cone (I am lunching in Maine).

Afternoon Snack: high tea with sandwiches and scones (stopping in London).

Dinner: clam chowder; shrimp platter of fried shrimp and shrimp scampi; sautéed scallops; flash-fried flounder; mac and cheese; beer-batter onion rings; Caesar salad; lettuce wedge with homemade bleu cheese dressing; garlic bread; warm apple pie with vanilla sauce for dessert; white merlot to drink (back home).

Midnight Snack: real hot cocoa with real whipped cream and warm chocolate chip cookies.

Haha. Pre-breakfast. Why not if none of the calories matter?? I would personally eat a prebreakfast, prelunch and predinner...and a before bed "snack" of pie w/ whipped cream. Now, back to reality...

Old 07-14-2015, 12:50 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,453,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Haha. Pre-breakfast. Why not if none of the calories matter?? I would personally eat a prebreakfast, prelunch and predinner...and a before bed "snack" of pie w/ whipped cream. Now, back to reality...
Prebreakfast, prelunch, predinner and bed time snack? HMMM - You know, Nanny Goat, I really like the cut of your jib!!

Old 07-14-2015, 01:02 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Buffets

Old 07-14-2015, 01:40 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,889,568 times
LOVE the pre-breakfast idea! Okay...I'll play.
Now this is assuming I wouldn't get too full. 'cuz I'd never be able to eat all this.
Pre-breakfast: Bloody Mary with a meat stick and a string cheese. Plenty of lime, skip the lemon.
Breakfast: Eggs Benedict with MY perfect hollandaise sauce, using crab meat instead of the ham, and asparagus between the crab and the poached egg. A side of Perkins pancakes with maple syrup. Oh, and bacon. Gotta have bacon.
Morning snack: Raspberry bismark. With powdered sugar, not frosting. Did you know they don't make them anymore? At least not around here, if it's powdered sugar, it's cream inside. Not that I've HAD a donut since I was probably 12.
Lunch: Oysters Rockefeller, Cobb salad with lobster with blue cheese dressing, glass or two of a Marlboro Sauv Blanc. For dessert, flourless chocolate cake, warm, with coconut bliss vanilla ice cream melting just a little bit.
Mid-afternoon snack: Roasted salted cashews. And a beer. Maybe a blue moon or Leinie's grapefruit shandy.
Dinner: Lobster bisque soup. Porterhouse steak with carmelized onions and mushrooms. And lobster tail. Crusty roll with lots of butter. Hash browns done just right, grilled dark, but not hard and not raw in the middle. With REAL cheddar cheese and sauteed onions. Dessert, tiramisu AND creme brulee. And cheesecake. Why not?
Evening snack: Chips. ALL kinds of chips. Dill pickle, sour cream and onion, cheddar cheese, rippled and plain. AND french onion dip. Gawd I would be sick....
But we're dreaming, right?

Old 07-14-2015, 03:52 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
I almost never eat breakfast anymore, but I'd start with my usual favorite big breakfast:
3 fried eggs, well done, on top of grits. Gravy on top of that. A nice pile of homemade hash browns on the side.

Lunch: leftover spaghetti- preferably with angel-hair pasta- topped with mayonnaise. (Yes, I prefer leftover spaghetti instead of freshly-made).

Dinner: I had a difficult time coming up with something, but I think I'd say Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream.

And during the day, my usual few cups of coffee and glasses of milk.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:44 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
LOVE the pre-breakfast idea! Okay...I'll play.
Now this is assuming I wouldn't get too full. 'cuz I'd never be able to eat all this.
Pre-breakfast: Bloody Mary with a meat stick and a string cheese. Plenty of lime, skip the lemon.
Breakfast: Eggs Benedict with MY perfect hollandaise sauce, using crab meat instead of the ham, and asparagus between the crab and the poached egg. A side of Perkins pancakes with maple syrup. Oh, and bacon. Gotta have bacon.
Morning snack: Raspberry bismark. With powdered sugar, not frosting. Did you know they don't make them anymore? At least not around here, if it's powdered sugar, it's cream inside. Not that I've HAD a donut since I was probably 12.
Lunch: Oysters Rockefeller, Cobb salad with lobster with blue cheese dressing, glass or two of a Marlboro Sauv Blanc. For dessert, flourless chocolate cake, warm, with coconut bliss vanilla ice cream melting just a little bit.
Mid-afternoon snack: Roasted salted cashews. And a beer. Maybe a blue moon or Leinie's grapefruit shandy.
Dinner: Lobster bisque soup. Porterhouse steak with carmelized onions and mushrooms. And lobster tail. Crusty roll with lots of butter. Hash browns done just right, grilled dark, but not hard and not raw in the middle. With REAL cheddar cheese and sauteed onions. Dessert, tiramisu AND creme brulee. And cheesecake. Why not?
Evening snack: Chips. ALL kinds of chips. Dill pickle, sour cream and onion, cheddar cheese, rippled and plain. AND french onion dip. Gawd I would be sick....
But we're dreaming, right?
Care to share the recipe? I tried making eggs benedict using a recipe from one of the Food Network chefs, and it didn't turn out that great. Very greasy.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:22 AM

10 posts, read 6,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post

SNACK OR DESSERT - chocolate cake and more ice cold milk.
I only want to have this as I love to have chocolate cake and more ice cold milk but I am not allowed from doctor to have these type of food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink