Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2020, 10:59 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times

Advertisements

It's just me. Hopefully I'll be able to find a ham steak somewhere. I used to be able to get small packs of Honeybaked Ham slices, but they don't appear to sell the small packs anymore. I've got asparagus, spaghetti squash and gluten free rolls coming in my CSA delivery on Thursday. So I should be able to put together something nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2020, 11:03 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's just me. Hopefully I'll be able to find a ham steak somewhere. I used to be able to get small packs of Honeybaked Ham slices, but they don't appear to sell the small packs anymore. I've got asparagus, spaghetti squash and gluten free rolls coming in my CSA delivery on Thursday. So I should be able to put together something nice.
They sell them by the pound. You can always freeze what you don't eat. That's what I've been getting for years..

Old 04-04-2020, 11:14 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
They sell them by the pound. You can always freeze what you don't eat. That's what I've been getting for years..
They used to sell them by the pound. My local store doesn't anymore. I just checked the website. You might want to double check as well.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:20 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,740,688 times
We usually go to my in-laws, since we won't be doing that I might make either a small ham with mash potatoes and a vegetable or a lasagna with homemade garlic bread and a nice salad. I'll also make a dessert. Only four of us so we'll then have leftovers for the next nights dinner.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:27 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinwomb View Post
So far looks like just myself and my husband. I am still making a vegetarian quiche, and peach crisp with ice cream
Quiche sounds good. Maybe I will make one, too. Will have to forgo the dessert, alas.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:11 PM

12,045 posts, read 8,429,550 times
We always had a large homegrown smoked ham from a Ma and Pa butcher, potatoes au gratin, asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, bakery croissants and a lemon Pavlova. But this year the adult children have continued to work (with care) but neither of them want to expose us.

So daughter thought maybe if the weather is decent we could meet in a park for a distancing picnic. LOL She's requesting loaded Italian subs. I can toss a pasta salad and buy some kettle chips. Maybe make some kind of dessert you eat out of a plastic cup?

One thing I do know is I want those funny deviled egg chicks. I've been looking at them for a couple of years now and wishing I had grandkids so I'd have an excuse to make them. Daughter makes a mean deviled egg and I'm finally going to ask her to put some together. It's a good time for some lightheartedness.

https://cincyshopper.com/easter-chicks-deviled-eggs/

I wasn't even going to decorate this year and then I read that people were putting teddy bears in their windows for people outdoors to count as they walked. And I thought of all my Easter bunnies. So down from the attic they came. The large ones went in the bay window with baskets of eggs and an Easter egg tree and the glass and miniatures went in my front porch window shelves.

Glad I did this. Hope it gives someone a lift. It certainly has brightened things up here for me. Might get in the Easter spirit yet. I don't forget the message of hope, new life and renewal.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:53 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
So daughter thought maybe if the weather is decent we could meet in a park for a distancing picnic. LOL She's requesting loaded Italian subs. I can toss a pasta salad and buy some kettle chips. Maybe make some kind of dessert you eat out of a plastic cup?
I had to re-read this. At first I read it as you were going to toss some salad at the kids during your picnic. It was a great mental image of picnicking while social distancing.

"Mom, can I have some of that pasta salad?"

"Sure honey! Go long!"

Old 04-04-2020, 10:56 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I wasn't even going to decorate this year and then I read that people were putting teddy bears in their windows for people outdoors to count as they walked. And I thought of all my Easter bunnies. So down from the attic they came. The large ones went in the bay window with baskets of eggs and an Easter egg tree and the glass and miniatures went in my front porch window shelves.

Glad I did this. Hope it gives someone a lift. It certainly has brightened things up here for me. Might get in the Easter spirit yet. I don't forget the message of hope, new life and renewal.
I'm sure it does. Even as a 30-something year old woman, I love looking for the bears, rainbows, and hearts during our walks through the different nearby neighborhoods. I also get a kick out of sidewalk chalk drawings and extra long games of hopscotch! Got to find the joy in the little things these days!

Old 04-04-2020, 11:17 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,309,895 times
It will just be the two of us this year. I bought some lamb to roast and I have been keeping some Christmas pudding from Christmas. Maybe we will have a prawn cocktail and a bottle of rose.

One of our kids and their kids go camping at Easter so it would have been just the other daughter and her kids. She is being strict about the social distancing as she does not want to put us at risk. She is working for the state government in implementing their virus policies so it is a matter of conscience as well.

Old 04-05-2020, 03:03 AM

12,045 posts, read 8,429,550 times
Made me laugh, Sundayrive. Throwing pasta salad at young people could go viral!

Girlfriend called the other day. Said she was taking a walk a few blocks to downtown pop machine. Said it would be the highlight of her day.

Makes her sound simple-minded but no. A few weeks ago she was lobbying in State Congress. This week she's getting a thrill from popcorn and soda. Humbling times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink