Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2021, 07:22 AM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times

Advertisements

Easter will be so different this year.Usually we are 3 generations at my home and I will miss this quite a bit.

Now that it will be just the 2 of us we will have a little brunch with Soleier (pickled eggs in onion peel,salt and carawaye brine),Bauernbrot,cheese variety,marmelades,honey/cinnamon spread,braided Easter bread,fresh pressed orange juice,1/2 a pink grapefruit.

In the afternoon we will form a united Kaffeeklatsch with family via online.We will have some Baumkuchen Torte that I send in time overseas and across Canada.This way we will enjoy the same cake,only everyone brews their own coffee . For the little ones I packed some Easter treats and a book for them called "Die Häschenschule" by Fritz Koch Gotha & Albert Sixtus,a well known German illustrated children book.

In the evening I will serve “Kulebyaka” Russian salmon pie with rice, mushrooms, onions and dill
https://www.melangery.com/2013/06/ru...authentic.html.To drink a glass of white wine from the Pelee Islands.For dessert strawberry compote with whipping cream and shaved Mocha chocolate.

I wish EVERYONE here a blessed Easter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 10:15 AM

16,395 posts, read 30,300,419 times
Easter dinner will be a Thai meal picked up at one on my favorite restaurants in Phoenix. We will carry it out to the park and serve it picnic style.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:12 PM

12,047 posts, read 8,436,379 times
Our kids will come. Fingers crossed they haven't made us sick so far.

We've had the same Easter dinner for years. Daughter has ordered a locally raised and smoked at a Ma and Pa butcher shop ham. Can't beat 'em. We serve it with pineapple close relish.

Potatoes au gratin
I like to make a 24 hr. fruit salad with cooked dressing, whipped cream and fresh fruit but since daughter is organizing things I suspect we'll get one of her famous bleu cheese with everything green salads.
Asparagus with Hollandaise - a shameful amount.
A light roll. Don't know what she'll choose. I often serve mini croissants.
Daughter's ever-lovin' deviled eggs.

And a lemon dessert. When I make it I use my grandma's Pavlova recipe and decoorate with kiwi fruit. Don't know what she'll do.

It's one of my favorite holiday meals to prepare as most everything can be done ahead of time and I can enjoy my company.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:41 PM

728 posts, read 303,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Easter will be so different this year.Usually we are 3 generations at my home and I will miss this quite a bit.

Now that it will be just the 2 of us we will have a little brunch with Soleier (pickled eggs in onion peel,salt and carawaye brine),Bauernbrot,cheese variety,marmelades,honey/cinnamon spread,braided Easter bread,fresh pressed orange juice,1/2 a pink grapefruit.

In the afternoon we will form a united Kaffeeklatsch with family via online.We will have some Baumkuchen Torte that I send in time overseas and across Canada.This way we will enjoy the same cake,only everyone brews their own coffee . For the little ones I packed some Easter treats and a book for them called "Die Häschenschule" by Fritz Koch Gotha & Albert Sixtus,a well known German illustrated children book.

In the evening I will serve “Kulebyaka” Russian salmon pie with rice, mushrooms, onions and dill
https://www.melangery.com/2013/06/ru...authentic.html.To drink a glass of white wine from the Pelee Islands.For dessert strawberry compote with whipping cream and shaved Mocha chocolate.

I wish EVERYONE here a blessed Easter!

And thank you for a great Easter inspiration to keep our tradition going for another thousand years. The Baumkuchen Torte sounds wonderful. And the Kaffeeklatsch is a super idea to connect with family.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:39 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,457,534 times
I really don't know. It's just two of us and I'm not feeling it this year

Old 03-29-2021, 03:06 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,724,157 times
We'll have dinner with my mother-in-law and nephew, who are our only living relatives within 1000 miles. She plans to get a ham; I'm making gratin potatoes and an apple cake for dessert. Other than that, I don't know what we're having. I'm sure there will be a hot vegetable and probably a salad as well.

I've never had roast lamb. It isn't a common thing here. And I have to confess, not for any holiday do I plan breakfast, lunch, dinner and appetizers. That is just too much work to be worth it for a few people.

Old 03-29-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
We'll have dinner with my mother-in-law and nephew, who are our only living relatives within 1000 miles. She plans to get a ham; I'm making gratin potatoes and an apple cake for dessert. Other than that, I don't know what we're having. I'm sure there will be a hot vegetable and probably a salad as well.

I've never had roast lamb. It isn't a common thing here. And I have to confess, not for any holiday do I plan breakfast, lunch, dinner and appetizers. That is just too much work to be worth it for a few people.

Will it be a German apple cake? Ham and potatoes sound good. Au gratin is a better idea. I was going to do plain old roast potatoes.

Old 03-29-2021, 04:14 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,724,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Will it be a German apple cake? Ham and potatoes sound good. Au gratin is a better idea. I was going to do plain old roast potatoes.
German apple cake, yes. And vanilla ice cream, because my husband likes it so much.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
German apple cake, yes. And vanilla ice cream, because my husband likes it so much.

Better get him a good brand of ice-cream. Ben and Jerry from Costco?

Old 03-30-2021, 04:36 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,608,853 times
ham & spinach quiche, roasted asparagus, arugula salad, mixed berries, and some sort of sweet bun, maybe sticky, maybe cinnamon w/ cream cheese frosting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink