Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 10:06 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I was in a grocery store yesterday, and noticed a "reduced" rack for produce, I bought 6 oranges for one dollar,,,seedless and tasty,,,

also 6 apples for one dollar,,, some may have blemishes but they are fine,,

they also have bundles of bananas for 19 cents lb
I bought them

look for these reduced racks,,,,some great buys!!
Yes! I love the reduced stuff at my grocery store. Great deals to be had on meat, produce and stuff from the bakery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 12:57 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I was in a grocery store yesterday, and noticed a "reduced" rack for produce, I bought 6 oranges for one dollar,,,seedless and tasty,,,

also 6 apples for one dollar,,, some may have blemishes but they are fine,,

they also have bundles of bananas for 19 cents lb
I bought them

look for these reduced racks,,,,some great buys!!
Yeah, even if the bananas get a bit overripe you can still freeze them and make popsicles or smoothies later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
HERSHEYS CHOCOLATE SYRUP

I used to LOVE this stuff and lately it seems like its gone down hill!!!!

Starting with MOST of the bottles marked 6/2016 and after (Expiration date) it isnt as sweet as it was.... I dont know if they have lowered the sugar or what but its gross!!!!!

I am trying to experiment tonight,I added some sugar in and its tastes little better..

THEY DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE BOTTLES so I assume they are "experimenting" themselves to see if anyone complains before they offically change the bottle.......

I BETTER DO JUST THAT I GUESS IF I DONT WANNA LOSE IT!!!
Don't ever try the sugarless splenda version either ....... good lord it was nasty, completely inedible.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:10 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Thumbs down *

I sent hersheys feedback about it but I havent heard from them (And doubt I will)

THESE COMPANIES DONT GIVE A RATS TAIL ABOUT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES AND ITS SAD!!

Old 03-25-2015, 04:46 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,607,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I sent hersheys feedback about it but I havent heard from them (And doubt I will)

THESE COMPANIES DONT GIVE A RATS TAIL ABOUT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES AND ITS SAD!!
Forget that stuff; make our own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9EyGVzgvI

Old 03-26-2015, 01:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
That would be interesting if it tasted as good as thiers used to

Old 04-01-2015, 02:31 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,765,406 times
After watching several documentaries and although aware of eating whole foods, I have made a concerted effort to buy, prepare and eat more conscientiously.

After watching a couple of documentaries on GMO, it was pointed out that a great majority of foods (including meats, poultry and fish) have been produced/grown using GMO products.

This is an informative website for those that have an interest.
GMO-FREE Regions by Country
http://www.gmo-free-regions.org/gmo-...ions/bans.html

Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,825,998 times
Default So fussy!

I wasn't annoyed but really wanted to laugh when I was called this.

Kids had their friends over and one in particular really likes my cooking. He will make requests for certain dishes when I ask. I dropped him off at home and his mom (whom I never met) happened to be in the driveway when we pulled up. I got out and greeted her and after a bit she said, "So what is it that you put on tacos that he loves so much? He raves and raves about your tacos." I started to tell her that I can email her the spices I use for it and before I can finish she said, "Spices? Don't you just rip open a packet? So much easier don't you think? And it tastes exactly the same! So fussy to hassle over tacos." I politely smiled and said, "Of course." She tried to debate a bit more about it but I changed the subject.

LOL I don't care if she uses the packet, but I thought it was really funny she was trying to argue with me that it tastes the same using the packets vs blend of spices.

I had a similar reaction from another mom years ago over another recipe that she was saying it's too much work to make at home when she could just order it out. She thought I had a cheater recipe that involved opening cans/packets and call it done.

Have you had someone ask you for a recipe and then argue with you if it seems not what they wanted?

ETA: Just to clarify, I have no problem with the use of packets. The conversation started as her son didn't like her tacos and asking me what I did to mine.

Last edited by momtothree; 07-08-2015 at 09:36 AM..

Old 07-08-2015, 09:21 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,276,394 times
Honestly ... I've used the packets, and I've done my own spice blend, and the results aren't significantly different. If I have enough of the spices on hand, I'll make my own blend, but if the packets are on sale (my store frequently does 'buy 2/get 3 free'), I'll just go ahead and pick up a few of those. Sometimes it's nice not to have to get the various spices down and measure everything out.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:35 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,825,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Honestly ... I've used the packets, and I've done my own spice blend, and the results aren't significantly different. If I have enough of the spices on hand, I'll make my own blend, but if the packets are on sale (my store frequently does 'buy 2/get 3 free'), I'll just go ahead and pick up a few of those. Sometimes it's nice not to have to get the various spices down and measure everything out.
Like I posted, I don't have an issue with her using them. The whole conversation started because apparently her son doesn't like her "tacos" and wanted to know my recipe. That's when she started saying isn't it the same thing and that I was being fussy.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:46 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
One of my sons raved about a fritter another mother made. I called to find out what it was made from, and she told me eggplant. That was one vegetable my kids despised (although 2 of them like it now, years later). I did try to duplicate the recipe she shared with me, but when I made it, I got "ewwws".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink