Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 01:55 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Food "jags", okay now this is strange, I live alone now, so the other day I am at the store, and buy some hot dogs, usually I like these for a quick lunch or dinner. I get home, put them in the fridge, and for some reason, just don't want to eat them. So I will probably end up throwing them out. Strange...like I see a food at the store that looks good, I buy it, and never eat it.
Oh lord, I've been guilty of exactly the same thing, sigh.

When I'm at the store it feels like the item is just the thing to "hit the spot" and then once home the feeling passes lol I do it most with lil smokies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 03:31 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Food "jags", okay now this is strange, I live alone now, so the other day I am at the store, and buy some hot dogs, usually I like these for a quick lunch or dinner. I get home, put them in the fridge, and for some reason, just don't want to eat them. So I will probably end up throwing them out. Strange...like I see a food at the store that looks good, I buy it, and never eat it.
Your mother must not been like my mother who always told us "there are starving children in Ethiopia that would love that food you aren't eating".

Like Kat said they freeze well.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:59 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Folks, a few words. If any of you are going to post any of my recipes (and really, I have just a scant few), just let me do it, please. You can send me a direct message with a request of anything I may have posted, and I'll see if I can get it in the appropriate thread for you. I'll be more than glad to do it. I also have a blog page, and I can do a post there for you, as well.

And for you newcomers, I'm a he, not a she. Enjoy all of the great food posts tonight, and let's carry on.

Last edited by case44; 02-16-2011 at 03:27 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................

Love food and fellowship! Nothing better!

I think it is a compliment for anyone here to want to repost any recipe of mine. So everyone feel free to do so! Love the carefree atmosphere here! <MWAH!>

Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................

Love food and fellowship! Nothing better!

I think it is a compliment for anyone here to want to repost any recipe of mine. So everyone feel free to do so! Love the carefree atmosphere here! <MWAH!>
Yeah, right?
I have always considered it a compliment if someone liked my recipe enough to share....
Its not like they're copyrighted.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:56 PM

7 posts, read 7,108 times
Lightbulb How to pick the best wine for your optimum tasting meal

I love to eat my favorite foods... I like it. [MOD CUT] The “right” bottle of wine is necessary for any kind of social meal. Consider personal preference, of course. Another thing to consider though is the meals. You might like to try wine pairing. This is when the taste profile of the food is accented by the taste profile the wine has. You will find characteristics amongst the wine and food that will show they “go well” together. This is one strategy to the wine partnering. Contradicting profiles is another option. This makes it so the food is balanced out by the wine. Partnering wine with meals isn't an exact science, however, you will find some things that should be looked at when choosing a wine bottle.

Last edited by elnina; 02-16-2011 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: No recommendations from posters with less than 10 posts. Please read TOS.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:45 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
So, I go to the store today, and buy stuff that is on sale, I always buy stuff that is BOGO free, is that a good plan, or a bad plan? On one hand, it is good, save money, on the other hand, I buy stuff I might not have bought otherwise, but will eat. For example, graham crackers were BOGO today, so I got two packs. When was the last time I bought graham crackers? I can't even remember. I love them for treats but don't usually buy them. But I did not buy the BOGO chips or cookies, I stayed true to the diet...sigh...Nutter Butter Cookies on sale...and I did not get them! But anyway, is buying things on sale a good move or should I just stay with a list?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:56 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
As far as BOGO goes, I'll often buy something that I already need or will definitely use. BOGO pork tenderloin? Sure, cook one and freeze the other. I try not to buy too many things that aren't on my list, but I leave some wiggle room for great deals. If I go over budget, I can reduce next week's spend because I already have something to use that week. But if it's a pure splurge, like BOGO cookies, then I usually pass them by. (Just don't shop hungry. )

Old 03-01-2011, 01:53 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,424,323 times
I find alot of times like with BOGO meats, they just up the per pound price.
Winn Dixie is famous for doing this with chicken and pot roasts and such.
But if the price is factory printed on the package, I'm all there...

Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Oh yeah, the supermarket will have BOGO fresh chicken breasts but it's not such a good deal when they are not on sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink