Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 04:58 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,304,113 times

Advertisements

I started to make the onion chicken breasts last night and the french fried onions were wet looking and clumped together--yuk! They had a lid on so I have no idea how they got that way but I sure wasn't going to eat them! So I remembered reading that MWBW had made Kelsies Picatta chicken so I decided that that is what I would do too. It turned out great, especially for a last minute change!! Not sure about dinner tonight but will post is when I figure it out! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Old 07-21-2009, 05:56 AM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Default Its an ill wind that blows no good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I started to make the onion chicken breasts last night and the french fried onions were wet looking and clumped together--yuk! They had a lid on so I have no idea how they got that way but I sure wasn't going to eat them! So I remembered reading that MWBW had made Kelsies Picatta chicken so I decided that that is what I would do too. It turned out great, especially for a last minute change!! Not sure about dinner tonight but will post is when I figure it out! Have a wonderful day everyone!!
It was the poet Bobby Burns who said, "The Best Laid Plans O' Mice and Men Gang Aft Aglay."

Old 07-21-2009, 06:20 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,167 times
Jax... you are officially a smarty pants! lol.... I can only imagine how hard you were laughing! OUT OF THE QUESTION! Two is a nice even round easy number.....

Suncoast... that sounds like a nice idea.... might make a pbj for breakfast based on that...hmmmmmm

HG I agree with Nomad.... gotta be good with Garlic

Nomad you crack me up with those tangerine pies! I still don't know if I could down one.... I keep having images of your TANG inventions when you mention them... LOL

Kimba my only encounter with Craigslist was a house we were looking at and the foundation was all screwed up and the house was actually crooked.... LOL.... it was kind of funny actually.... hahah

bjh... Chicken fried steak is one of my all time fav's! Love it!!!! I don't make it though... to be honest I don't know how... You all do realize I don't fry anything right? Like REALLY fry.... I have never really Fried anything. Is that a shock to any of you? probably not.....

burdell I wish I could eat blt's more often... I love bacon. I really do.... it is the smell..... the taste... mmmmmm.... then add some nice tosted bread and a bit of mayo.... YUM! I will risk a headache at times for a good blt....

BROWNIES!!!! Now, you know I don't bake... right? But I will not eat BOX brownies... nope I will only eat brownies from scratch I actually only bake brownies... from scratch now THAT most likely DOES shock you! hahahah I have a great recipe but you have to have the RIGHT pan... Amazing I know so much for one who doesn't bake!!!!!! hahahah

Ok... dinner.... I have perogies I think I might make up.... with onion and green pepper.... Baked carrots and a side of green beans.... dinner! man that is an easy plan I bet it goes over well too.... Ok.... watching Karate Kid with MY Karate Kids Have a great morning.....

Old 07-21-2009, 07:17 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,498,398 times
We finally got rain in the night! Yay!! I don't know if we'll get any more, but I hope you got some too, DFW Gal. Hopefully it was enough rain to green up my grass a bit for my party.

All this BLT talk has been getting on my LAST nerve. It's not very kind of y'all when a sister is trying to lose weight. Tonight I think I'll make BLT salads EASY on the B just to take a stab at the craving.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:29 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
We finally got rain in the night! Yay!! I don't know if we'll get any more, but I hope you got some too, DFW Gal. Hopefully it was enough rain to green up my grass a bit for my party.

All this BLT talk has been getting on my LAST nerve. It's not very kind of y'all when a sister is trying to lose weight. Tonight I think I'll make BLT salads EASY on the B just to take a stab at the craving.
I wonder if that EASY on the B theory would work on my migraines LOL

Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,498,398 times
How about Fako Baco bits L & T salad, SKBS?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
we had fried green tomatoes on a bed of salad greens, topped with goat cheese, broccoli sprouts, with a dijon viniagrette, and homemade Lamberts throwed rolls

Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,191 times
Morning all, hubby is out of town so tonight we are having beef stroganoff. YUM!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,574,375 times
I'm clueless at them moment now. I think we will go out and celebrate. I just want to take a minute now and thank all my foodie friends who have been praying for my son. I have received word a short time ago that he is now CANCER FREE. I am just to overwhelmed to try and plan a menu.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 AM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Nomadicus......I couldnt be happier for you. Indeed going out to eat sounds like a plan....your vigelence and faith and love has been rewarded.....what a blessing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink