Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 04:16 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times

Advertisements

we had scrambled hamburger with onions on rolls and it was pretty yummy..

Old 07-14-2009, 04:33 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
we had scrambled hamburger with onions on rolls and it was pretty yummy..

JFR.....your meals are relatively simple but your enjoyment of them is spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

The smell of hamburg and onions scrambled together in the pan ...... wonderful. Growing up my Dad would do that and then make a simple gravy in the same pan....and spoon the mix over mashed potatoes. We called it "volcanos" because the hamburg gravy looked to us like lava rolling down a mashed potato mountain. (It sure filled us up) I seem to remember that he would make carrot pennies to go with it. thanks for the memories.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 PM

256 posts, read 453,169 times
Dear ones - so "zoned out" on pain meds today, I couldn't even eat the lovely "exotics" my wonderful husband prepared for himself. I settled for chicken noodle soup and another pain pill. Hate days like this! Poor little Emmy is beside herself because I can't "do things" with her!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:57 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom View Post
Dear ones - so "zoned out" on pain meds today,
Yum, pain meds What color are they? I only abuse colorful pills

Dinner took a funny turn. I started some crockpot baked beans but I got started way too late. They will be for dinner tomorrow night instead as they need to finish crocking away.

I made Chicken Fried Chicken Steak. In other words, I made it with chicken instead of beef. I was planning to just make some chicken cutlets but then I saw this beautiful gravy emerging and made a mushroom gravy out it. It was yummy

I steamed some fresh corn and asparagus in the microwave oven to go with it too.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Nathan's hot dogs with mustard, kraut, & relish tonight, along with macaroni salad and genuine Nathan's sound effects (seagulls and surf), watching the pelicans on their nightly feeding foray was an extra added attraction

Old 07-14-2009, 05:48 PM

7,336 posts, read 2,743,364 times
Evening all. Tonight after all the yard work and house work I really don't feel like cooking. So...I'm thinking I will probably just brown some hamburger, throw some diced onion and freshly roasted and peeled green chile in it, then top it off with some grated cheese. Tortillas and salsa on the side oughta just about do it. Oh, yeah, can't forget the iced tea! It's only 106 degrees here today.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:51 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Dinner was really good... I took the breast- minus the bone and the skin... what? I am still me! hahah Hubby LOVED it and so did Chatterbox.... Diva was STILL Diva! hahah whatcha gonna Do? haha she said it would be better if it were just the regular chicken I do. Oh well... I thought it was very tasty...worth touching the bones LOL... hahaha Ok.... off to chill out in front of the TV after I get the kids to bed... have a good night....

Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I made meat loaf...really nice baked russet potatoes with sour cream and a tossed salad with spring greens....nice...and appreciated by my DP.

I love it when that happens.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:15 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The smell of hamburg and onions scrambled together in the pan ...... wonderful. Growing up my Dad would do that and then make a simple gravy in the same pan....and spoon the mix over mashed potatoes. We called it "volcanos" because the hamburg gravy looked to us like lava rolling down a mashed potato mountain. (It sure filled us up) I seem to remember that he would make carrot pennies to go with it. thanks for the memories.
I do the same thing.....but eat it on rice with baked beans on the side. LOVE that stuff!

Old 07-14-2009, 07:59 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
The smell of hamburg and onions scrambled together in the pan ...... wonderful. Growing up my Dad would do that and then make a simple gravy in the same pan....and spoon the mix over mashed potatoes. We called it "volcanos" because the hamburg gravy looked to us like lava rolling down a mashed potato mountain. (It sure filled us up) I seem to remember that he would make carrot pennies to go with it.
I adore food/family memories. Please share your stories, always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom View Post
Dear ones - so "zoned out" on pain meds today, I couldn't even eat the lovely "exotics" my wonderful husband prepared for himself. I settled for chicken noodle soup and another pain pill.
Pobrecita! Our poor turtlemom baby!! I hope you feel better soon and glad you have a good hubby to caretake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I made Chicken Fried Chicken Steak. In other words, I made it with chicken instead of beef. I was planning to just make some chicken cutlets but then I saw this beautiful gravy emerging and made a mushroom gravy out it. It was yummy
I'm sure it was delicious. Rounda' these here parts we call thet dish chickn friiiiiied chickn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nathan's hot dogs with mustard, kraut, & relish tonight, along with macaroni salad and genuine Nathan's sound effects (seagulls and surf), watching the pelicans on their nightly feeding foray was an extra added attraction
I like neither kraut nor relish, but this dinner, like all of Burdell's meals, sounds like one I want to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Woman View Post
Evening all. Tonight after all the yard work and house work I really don't feel like cooking. So...I'm thinking I will probably just brown some hamburger, throw some diced onion and freshly roasted and peeled green chile in it, then top it off with some grated cheese. Tortillas and salsa on the side oughta just about do it. Oh, yeah, can't forget the iced tea! It's only 106 degrees here today.
Sounds like a great dinner.. further than I go when I don't want to cook.

I feel ya on the heat sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Dinner was really good... I took the breast- minus the bone and the skin... what? I am still me! hahah Hubby LOVED it and so did Chatterbox.... Diva was STILL Diva! hahah whatcha gonna Do? haha she said it would be better if it were just the regular chicken I do. Oh well... I thought it was very tasty...worth touching the bones LOL... hahaha Ok.... off to chill out in front of the TV after I get the kids to bed... have a good night....
The meat next to the bone is the tastiest part, you know.

Quote:
I made meat loaf...really nice baked russet potatoes with sour cream and a tossed salad with spring greens....nice...and appreciated by my DP.

I love it when that happens.
And again, I had to quote you. A comforting dinner and a comforting partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink