Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 11:09 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,376,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
And likely at DIA too. I travel a lot in and out of that airport, and don't recall seeing anyone dressed like that. Yes to jeans, and very occasional cowboy hats, but not sure about the rest. Maybe if you're trying to spot that, it might be seen. I'm sure you'll let us know though how it goes.
Well, with Cheyenne Frontier Days starting this Friday, I’d think there would be some folks wearing Western attire at DIA. There are a number of roughstock riders (bronc’s and bulls) that do fly to rodeos. Steer Wrestlers as well.

Anyway, Colorado isn’t all “city” type folks. There are a lot of rodeo fans still in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 07:01 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
And likely at DIA too. I travel a lot in and out of that airport, and don't recall seeing anyone dressed like that. Yes to jeans, and very occasional cowboy hats, but not sure about the rest. Maybe if you're trying to spot that, it might be seen. I'm sure you'll let us know though how it goes.
I travel out of DEN weekly. I see cowboys occasionally, but it’s pretty infrequent. Usually when there is a big rodeo going on somewhere. I will say that when I used to fly the United regional jets out of the annex in B Councourse, there were always a few cowboys there. It’s cowboy central during the Stock Show. I would imagine that during CFD there are going to be a fair amount of cowboys flying in to DEN.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I travel out of DEN weekly. I see cowboys occasionally, but it’s pretty infrequent. Usually when there is a big rodeo going on somewhere. I will say that when I used to fly the United regional jets out of the annex in B Councourse, there were always a few cowboys there. It’s cowboy central during the Stock Show. I would imagine that during CFD there are going to be a fair amount of cowboys flying in to DEN.

We think you are absolutely right, but won't know until we land at DIA. But, then again, the Stock Show isn't the only rodeo along the Front Range. There is Greeley, the Springs, Castlerock, Loveland, State Fair/Pueblo, Elizabeth. Not only was I a member of PRCA, I got Pro Rodeo Sports News listing all of them in the U.S..

A number of rodeo fans fly in for the bigger rodeo's, like Greeley and the Springs. That's what we are now, since I'm not in the arena anymore...….rodeo fans.

One thing I do know, there are a LOT of transplants, from eastern and western coastal states, that aren't rodeo fans. That might be the reason for many not even knowing, or caring, about rodeo. Many, along the Front Range, don't even know about CFD.

Thanks for your reply. Someone out there that does know that cowboys and rodeo still exist on the Front Range and knows what CFD is. YES!!

Old 07-19-2018, 08:57 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post

Thanks for your reply. Someone out there that does know that cowboys and rodeo still exist on the Front Range and knows what CFD is. YES!!
My great grandmother was born in Colorado in the 1890s. While we were never cowboys, I definitely spent my time going to the rodeo as a kid.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:32 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,392,226 times
There are still plenty of cowboys and related lifestyle in CO. It is not a predominate fixture in the Denver metro, but it exists in other places.

Earlier this year I helped a friend move his herd from pasture in eastern El Paso County to grazing in Douglas County. Another friend of my competes in dessage and western dress competition. Some family acquaintances in the San Luis Valley have invited us down for round ups several different times.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:53 PM

25 posts, read 24,444 times
I know you were asking for replies from boat owners who had fished Carter Lake. Well, for what it's worth, we shore fished one day last week on the western shore. From the "cliff diving" bay up to the NW pier. It was blasted hot that day (probably didn't help that we were fishing from around 1PM to 4PM) and didn't have a whole lot of luck. I saw a few small trout being caught by other shore fisherman but nothing big. I hope you catch some great fish! (Would love to have you comment on how you fared) Have fun!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:20 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
I live in Loveland and I've never seen anyone dressed like that.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:29 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,392,226 times
Go to nearly any county fair in the state, except maybe Denver or Boulder, and you will find plenty of western attire. Granted, at a fair it will be spiffed up dress with big buckles, clean hats, and dressy boots, but it will be out. For casual daily western wear, visit any Big R. Lace up or traditional roper boots are not going to really jump out and say look at me like someone wearing a pair of Luccheses, and trucker hats are more prolific than cowboy hats in some areas, so casual western wear is actually pretty low key and won't particularly stand out to someone not looking for it.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:09 AM

We are here in Loveland and have been for almost a week now. We fly out on Saturday afternoon.

Have been to different parts of the area and have figured that it isn’t the town for us. Somewhat faster paced than we like and somewhat less Senior related than we thought. Even though the Larimer County rodeo is here yearly, the area definitely isn’t cowboy or rodeo related at all. Not that we want a full cowboy or rodeo related area, we don’t, but it would’ve been nice to see a couple of cowboy hats out in public.

As far as the lakes go, Lake Loveland is a private one, so we’d never be able to use it.
Went to Boyd Lake on Sunday afternoon and many young boaters on it. Only one dock by the marina, to accommodate four ramps.

Today we are headed down to Parker, where we use to have a house and check out that area. We know it’s changed since we left in Oct 2007, but still want to check it out.

Besides, checking out Loveland, we’d went to Cheyenne Frontier Days on Tuesday and it was ok. Didn’t seem like the same rodeo we went to when we lived in Parker.

So, bottom line is: Glad we made the trip, but looks like....nope!

Old 07-26-2018, 10:18 AM

127 posts, read 234,592 times
Quote:
Today we are headed down to Parker, where we use to have a house and check out that area. We know it’s changed since we left in Oct 2007, but still want to check it out.
Just off the phone with my brother ... who lives in Parker.

After many years there, he and my SIL are starting to think about moving -- probably to a much more rural setting. Too much traffic, he says.

Best of luck in your decision. Larimer County is but a speck on the map. There are lots of good places to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area