Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 01:29 PM

206 posts, read 449,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
i'm saying it is no safer than any other place, simply because of it's location
the poster said that it is way safer than miami, i have a good friend that grew up in miami, never had any crime issues, he's had one car stolen and been broken into here twice...
crime happens everywhere, and cape coral is no exception, and certainly isn't a fairy-tale world of happiness

here, check it out
I checked out the police blotter and I admit I didn't read the entire thing, but there's nothing I read that overly concerned me.

I am not naive to think that there isn't crime everywhere. I don't care where you live. Even the most rural of locations have break ins, domestic violence, ect.
Overall, Cape coral looks pretty darn tame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,734,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby24 View Post
I checked out the police blotter and I admit I didn't read the entire thing, but there's nothing I read that overly concerned me.

I am not naive to think that there isn't crime everywhere. I don't care where you live. Even the most rural of locations have break ins, domestic violence, ect.
Overall, Cape coral looks pretty darn tame.
Thank you!! People, Cape Coral is not bad. I live in Bradenton, and in less than 1 year, we have had close to 30 murders. Cape Coral can't say that. I would say be glad you are where you are. You are pretty darn safe in Cape Coral in my opinion. I've been down there too many times, seen too many things, and I say it's a good place.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,490,360 times
It may be safe, but I found that it is not a good place to raise a child. There are no real activities for kids to do(other than soccer etc, but no real inside play bounce house places and mini golf etc). WE moved to a very family friendly city and love it, but Cape Coral, I would say, Cape Coma is true!

Old 11-16-2009, 04:03 PM

40 posts, read 111,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Thank you!! People, Cape Coral is not bad. I live in Bradenton, and in less than 1 year, we have had close to 30 murders. Cape Coral can't say that. I would say be glad you are where you are. You are pretty darn safe in Cape Coral in my opinion. I've been down there too many times, seen too many things, and I say it's a good place.
thats safe compared to miami-dade county wich had like 90 murders in one year, it is a good and safe place and not many people and houses its a samll city and most of the crime comes from the people that come from the Ft.myers ghetto's.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:45 AM

317 posts, read 772,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
It may be safe, but I found that it is not a good place to raise a child. There are no real activities for kids to do(other than soccer etc, but no real inside play bounce house places and mini golf etc). WE moved to a very family friendly city and love it, but Cape Coral, I would say, Cape Coma is true!
Umm... so not true. Southern Starz, Paradise Cheer, and Tropical Twisters all offer Open Gym. We go weekly. Paradise Cheer even has a huge bounce house with a slide as tall as their ceiling.

Additionally, Cape Coral has some GREAT parks and a HUGE choice of them. We just returned from a trip to TX and after living in Cape Coral for four years, I was soooo disappointed in the parks in TX. The Yacht Club is a great "beach" to take your kids too - there is a park, a pool right across the street, and it's less crowded than Fort Myers Beach.

Monkey Playhouse also offers kids an indoor place to run and play (though personally I think it is just like our playroom, only larger). Pepe's Playhouse (though closed now) offered a Chuck E. Cheese type atmosphere.

Mike Greenwell's also has a mini golf course, a batting cage, a playground, and an indoor arcade.

After spending 12 days in a town larger than Cape Coral in Texas with my 2 toddlers (the city where I grew up) I am thankful that Cape Coral has so much to offer for a family and for children. Cape Coral may not have Little Dippers, The Imaginarium, or the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre, but there is a lot here - you just have to open your eyes.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:56 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
I agree. I have lived here since 1993 and never had a problem.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
I have raised kids here and have had no problem finding things to do.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:00 AM

206 posts, read 449,893 times
All I know is where I just bought they are still building and selling houses. There were a lot of people looking too.
Most were middle aged and probably part timers. That is the future of the Cape. Industry and sprawling suburbs is not.

You cannot have new construction without infrastucture. And that means water and sewer.
From reading this board everyone has a fit if they have to pay for it.

You cannot have it both ways. The Cape has to have municipal water and sewer and unfortunately someone has to pay for it.
I have a feeling if the government wanted to bail out the Cape and pay for it a lot of bailout bashers would jump for joy.

The cape needs to put money into improving the way it looks and try to undo a lot of the ugliness they allowed the developers to create.
It was a nice idea that people would buy the lots, build a house and landscape it, but that's not what happened. The lots are barren and people who own houses don't put the time or have the money to landscape and water.
Somehow the city government needs to encourage a beautification plan with more trees and encourage the public to join the effort with incentives of some kind.
Then more people would see the cape as a more desirable place to live.

Right now the cape cannot sustain the lifestyle of bringing more young families with children to the area. Not if the resources can't support it.
Cape Coral needs a master plan and intelligent, forward thinking people to manage it. Just my opinion.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 956 times
Cape coral as a whole is terrible. People are rude and stuck up. The police are very crude and abrasive. Other then splash world there is nothing special about it. I moved out and good luck to anyone who moves there.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:38 AM

297 posts, read 509,773 times
Nice first post. Sorry but I have not experienced the same things you have. Folks are friendly, and helpful. All LEO encounters have been pleasant and professional. If the Water Park was the best thing in Cape Coral, you made the right decision to leave. Good Luck in your travels. I hope you find an area that suits you better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area