Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 03:54 PM

46 posts, read 243,253 times

Advertisements

Thank you goldtaffeta. I am in the process of moving to Fort Myers but was getting nervous about our decision. It is good to hear that a lot of what is posted here is not true. I agree that you need to make the best of what you have and we can all make a difference if we don't like what we see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,737,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If I was going to the Coralwood Mall on Del Prado...and was coming from Sarasota...

would I be better off A. going 75 to Tucker's Grade, and switching to 41 there...

B. going further down 75 to the first North Fort Myers exit (Bayshore?)

C. some other method?
C. Go down 1-75 until you hit Jones Loop Rd (Exit 161 I believe), get on Jones Loop Rd. and stay on it. Once you cross US-41, Jones Loop becomes Burnt Store Rd. Take Burnt Store Rd. all the way down and you will run into Cape Coral. Once you pass Country Club Blvd. in Cape Coral, you will see an exit ramp that will take you to Del Prado. Take that exit ramp to Del Prado, get off on Del Prado Rd. Take a left on Del Prado and Coralwood Mall is right there on your right. Believe me, I have been to Coralwood Mall plenty of times and this is the easiest route to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelblue View Post
oh please , all you negative whiners cutting down the place you call home , get off your butts, volunteer , clean up , do SOMETHING POSITIVE if you don't like the conditions . I live in Cape Coral going on 25 years ( not ready to kick the bucket yet, by the way )No, it's not Paris in the Spring time or Hollywood dreams, but it's not gangs roaming the streets and rampant crime either . Cape Coral is growing and changing and I'm positive it is going to be even better. As for you, who insist this is the pits , go outside and take a look .. have you planted a bush lately?cleaned up your mess?? Helped improve the image of our city??
It's just like politics, if you didn't vote .. quit your bi....ing
so go ahead , enjoy another day in sunny Florida ..or not
- Good for you!! Thank you, travelblue!!

Old 11-15-2008, 02:09 PM

66 posts, read 216,701 times
I love Cape Coral, and yes I live here. I have had no issues with crime, and find it much better than the northern city I came from. Yes, beaches and activities are nice, but statistics led us here - good schools, and low crime. I did the math and compared Cape Coral to Columbus, Ohio based on equal populations - and Cape Coral is far safer. Maybe the issue is that when you live here it is hard to keep things in perspective because things change in front of your face. The newspaper does report drug busts, some gang arrestsin fort myers, etc. but at least the police here can catch them. Murders - most of those end up being a known attacker, so unless you have a lot of drama with people you are related to or dating there is little to worry about. The Cape is a good, safe place - for those that are jaded and unjaded alike.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:12 PM

66 posts, read 216,701 times
Amen TravelBlue! It is great here, and the negative ones thend to drown out reality. The one major thing I hate - people complaining about the heat! That's why people move here - to get away from snow - if someone misses it they should go back! I actually watch the temps in Columbus, Ohio and here all summer long. Most days the heat and humidity were virtually the same.

I like your attitiude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelblue View Post
oh please , all you negative whiners cutting down the place you call home , get off your butts, volunteer , clean up , do SOMETHING POSITIVE if you don't like the conditions . I live in Cape Coral going on 25 years ( not ready to kick the bucket yet, by the way )No, it's not Paris in the Spring time or Hollywood dreams, but it's not gangs roaming the streets and rampant crime either . Cape Coral is growing and changing and I'm positive it is going to be even better. As for you, who insist this is the pits , go outside and take a look .. have you planted a bush lately?cleaned up your mess?? Helped improve the image of our city??
It's just like politics, if you didn't vote .. quit your bi....ing
so go ahead , enjoy another day in sunny Florida ..or not

Old 11-15-2008, 03:20 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,737,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingCapeCoral View Post
I love Cape Coral, and yes I live here. I have had no issues with crime, and find it much better than the northern city I came from. Yes, beaches and activities are nice, but statistics led us here - good schools, and low crime. I did the math and compared Cape Coral to Columbus, Ohio based on equal populations - and Cape Coral is far safer. Maybe the issue is that when you live here it is hard to keep things in perspective because things change in front of your face. The newspaper does report drug busts, some gang arrestsin fort myers, etc. but at least the police here can catch them. Murders - most of those end up being a known attacker, so unless you have a lot of drama with people you are related to or dating there is little to worry about. The Cape is a good, safe place - for those that are jaded and unjaded alike.
Agreed, good post LovingCapeCoral!!

Old 11-15-2008, 06:02 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
C. Go down 1-75 until you hit Jones Loop Rd (Exit 161 I believe), get on Jones Loop Rd. and stay on it. Once you cross US-41, Jones Loop becomes Burnt Store Rd. Take Burnt Store Rd. all the way down and you will run into Cape Coral. Once you pass Country Club Blvd. in Cape Coral, you will see an exit ramp that will take you to Del Prado. Take that exit ramp to Del Prado, get off on Del Prado Rd. Take a left on Del Prado and Coralwood Mall is right there on your right. Believe me, I have been to Coralwood Mall plenty of times and this is the easiest route to take.

Thanks! I know Burnt Store Road. Used to be a K-Mart there, and I used to work at that Subway before it was sold to another owner.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM

11 posts, read 28,486 times
the people are rude. the drivers are frightening. there are no jobs. there is no culture. it is downright desolate. i have never lived in a worse place and i have lived in a good number of places across the country

Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessdel42 View Post
the people are rude. the drivers are frightening. there are no jobs. there is no culture. it is downright desolate. i have never lived in a worse place and i have lived in a good number of places across the country
And today...It's even cold!
An excellent brief synopsis of the state of affairs in SW Florida today
Reps to you.....
Endless is a good example of the biggest problem this area has. It has crashed, and crashed hard, but it still suckers in many people that have heard of the recent, but now dead boom times that flourished here. People spend their savings to come here, because they think it paradise, only to find themselves stranded, destitute, and ruined in a wasteland.
SW Florida IS the great place that Goldtafetta, travelblue, et. al. claim it is. IF you are independantly wealthy, retired with a nice pension, or otherwise do not need to work for a living. Or if you have been established here for a long while, and have stable employment.
For newcomers heading into the area, there should be huge billboards, with skull and bones to warn them of the poison they are about to swallow by continuing on their path....

Last edited by Compression; 11-20-2008 at 07:24 AM..

Old 11-20-2008, 11:39 AM

25 posts, read 71,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
And today...It's even cold!
An excellent brief synopsis of the state of affairs in SW Florida today
Reps to you.....
Endless is a good example of the biggest problem this area has. It has crashed, and crashed hard, but it still suckers in many people that have heard of the recent, but now dead boom times that flourished here. People spend their savings to come here, because they think it paradise, only to find themselves stranded, destitute, and ruined in a wasteland.
SW Florida IS the great place that Goldtafetta, travelblue, et. al. claim it is. IF you are independantly wealthy, retired with a nice pension, or otherwise do not need to work for a living. Or if you have been established here for a long while, and have stable employment.
For newcomers heading into the area, there should be huge billboards, with skull and bones to warn them of the poison they are about to swallow by continuing on their path....

thanks to a govt retirement i'll probably love it down there.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:36 PM

18 posts, read 43,466 times
oh Lordy , help me to keep my temper !
I guess I will be on the "Lifestyle of the rich and living it up in CC" list soon ! .. sitting in my 30 year old Lazy Boy , watching my 25 year old floor model Tv , while in my Garage awaits my luxury sedan (sans automatic anything ) .. and I do have a beautiful view from my patio , and I thank fate everyday that I live here !
By the way .. there is not 1 (one) freakin' foreclosure in my neighborhood , maybe because us old farts new how to live within our means !
Happy trails to you !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area