Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:43 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,695 times

Advertisements

Simply no. Why bother when you don't know where what came from half the time? I don't really care. The people need jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 12:00 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Do you refuse to buy products made in certain states or refuse to travel to certain states because you dislike their politics or culture?
I don't "boycott" per se, but I see little reason to go to some small Red States, especially in the Bible Belt. Texas and LA are the two big exceptions. Both amazing states even if for the most part, I don't subscribe to that political wing.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,539,156 times
I think anybody who boycotts anything from a state or treats anybody badly based on state of origin is a total blasted idiot. Their opinions do not count and they are probably losers to boot.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
New Hampshire has really been pissing me off lately. As soon as I figure out what they make there, I'm not buying it.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM

171 posts, read 325,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
As soon as you pipe down on the "hypocritical" and "spout off" and "nonsense" talk.

bigot
noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I think I've been in every metro over a million except Phoenix. I can't say I have ever noticed any difference in the cleanliness of any city. They are all the same. In a windy place, more trash blows around, In a humid place, the air holds the smells longer. Newly-paved streets do not make a city clean, nor do recycling bins..
You and I can both go to the same city, and if I drive down one street and you drive down another, one of us will call the place dirty and the other clean.
Well, considering that you've never been to Phoenix, I would hardly call my words "nonsense"...just sayin'...

Old 01-28-2013, 03:43 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,004,325 times
I boycott products, not states.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,857,456 times
Nope. It's all good.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:20 PM

74 posts, read 152,981 times
I've been to liberal forums and there are people telling how they avoid traveling to or through Red states. A lot of people in the Northeast perceive the South as being inhabited by ignorant, uneducated, Bible-thumping, racist rednecks and other red states inhabited by tea partiers. I've seen posters on forums who say they will not connect flights at, say, Dallas-Fort Worth airport because they refuse to set foot in Texas. Texas, in particular, is a state that many East Coast and West Coast liberals will not be caught dead in.

If these people would get over their biases they will see that the so-called "red" states are diverse, with people of different backgrounds. They are likely to encounter the hospitality that the South was famous for. They'll also see the ethnic diversity of Texas; it's hard to miss the state's Hispanic heritage being displayed. I know these liberals would not mind visiting Austin, a liberal island in a seemingly conservative sea.

I myself do not boycott states because of their politics. However, a locale's politics may influence where I want to live. I don't mind visiting California because it is a scenic state. However I will not live there because of the taxes, high cost of living, and the local politics.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 PM

17 posts, read 25,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Do you refuse to buy products made in certain states or refuse to travel to certain states because you dislike their politics or culture?
No, because I am not insane.

Even in those states that have horrible, backwards governments, there are still some good people living there.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:56 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
I tend to boycott traveling anywhere through northern Illinois because I HATE Chicago traffic and having to pay the insane tolls to use the highways. No, I don't have an EZPass because I don't drive through there often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.