Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:14 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,816,816 times

Advertisements

I've been fine, and thank you for asking. I've been away almost two weeks working in Sarnia, Ontario which is about 3 hours west near the Michigan town of Port Huron. (about an hour north of Detroit)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2006, 11:45 PM

622 posts, read 2,710,108 times
i love winter! i love sweaters and snow and rosy cheeks and evergreen trees covered in icicles and hot chocolate and scarves and mittens and...

cold doesnt bother me!

(ok maybe a little. especially when you have to scrape off your car in the morning. and i hate getting cabin fever. but as long as i get all 4 seasons so that by the time spring arrives i'm ready for the warmth, and by the time summers over i'm ready for the cold again).

Old 10-28-2006, 06:32 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,293,113 times
I myself hate the cold,when I lived up north from nov-march I was always cold.It also seemed I always had a cold...sore throat,cough and my ears would hurt. Since I have been in sc I really haven't been sick (knock on wood) I also would get chapped lips and my hands would crack and sometimes bleed. I definately prefer the heat,to me it can feel cold in the 60's.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:31 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,335,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
I myself hate the cold,when I lived up north from nov-march I was always cold.It also seemed I always had a cold...sore throat,cough and my ears would hurt. Since I have been in sc I really haven't been sick (knock on wood) I also would get chapped lips and my hands would crack and sometimes bleed. I definately prefer the heat,to me it can feel cold in the 60's.
I hear ya, mystree66! The last time I was sick---I was up north! I had forgotten about the dry skin. Soooo hated that!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:11 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,206,681 times
Cool hot or cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
I hear ya, mystree66! The last time I was sick---I was up north! I had forgotten about the dry skin. Soooo hated that!
Last night at 6 pm it was 80 here in sunny S. California. By this time of year, I don't want to still use self-tanner because it is still shorts season (tan fat looks better than white fat)and feel like I am cooking outside. This is one of the things I don't like about Ca.....it can be 90 Christmas Day..there is barely a fall or winter..we do have a nice Spring and then.....The Heat! For those of you that hate the cold, California is for you. Remember ladies, the sun and heat is bad for your skin!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:30 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,335,128 times
It was 80 degrees here also. Sorry you don't like it. I love the fact that I could hop on my bike after dinner and go for a ride.
Just goes to show--we all have different preferences.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:23 PM

By the time spring arrives, like in late March I'm am also ready for warmth, but where I live most of the time spring is usually not warm, (70 F plus) just an absense of extreme cold. (like frost)

I remember in 1990 we were treated to an April with a full month of new green leaves and of sunny weather between 70-90 F. Ah, those were good times!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:41 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,089,875 times
Some of you tolerate cold fine or even like it. Others really hate it. I am assuming most people who live up north dont mind the cold, if they do, why dont they move down south? I am ready for some cooler weather and I feel that I can handle the 20 degree winters of SE Ohio. Not that I have a choice since Florida isnt affordable unless I look at mobile homes.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:57 PM

No one in my immediate family likes snow or bundling up, but we were all born here and it's very difficult to move somewhere warmer, yet easy to move somewhere colder, so instead we stay put I guess. We live almost as far south as we can get.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:00 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,454,401 times
Hi NeedAffordable, you already know what my vote is~I HATE the cold and snow. I dread it more and more every year.

You keep mentioning the possibility of staying in Fla. and buying a mobile home. That sounds like a great idea! Why do you feel detoured in doing that? I know you're also thinking of moving north, but isn't your family in Fla? Mobile homes receive a bum wrap!! If we relocate to Fla., we will either rent an apartment or buy a mobile home. Sorry, we just don't have a half million dollars to buy a house and we no longer want to go back to having a mortgage. As far as mobiles losing their value, it sure doesn't appear that way. I've looked at some on realtor.com and the used ones are nearly as expensive as new ones. Something that struck me as funny when I was looking on that site~they have mobiles that are actually quite old. They've withstood how many canes now? We went through a park when we were down there the last time. It was so cute with their palm trees and their community pool and well-kept mobiles. Of course, there are more then likely parks down there that give mobile home parks their terrible rep. It just seems more feasible for us to rent or buy a mobile. They're very affordable and we'll just keep our other few dollars in our pocket for old age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.