Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 06:32 PM

24,569 posts, read 10,884,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Which war? My daughter's husband (by the way, he happens to be white and she happens to be biracial, just for the record) is stationed in Germany right now, along with lots of other American GIs and airmen and soldiers and Marines and all that. My exhusband was also stationed over there during the Persian Gulf War. Men and women in our armed forces are often stationed throughout Europe, especially in Germany and the UK and Italy, and they sometimes pick up a husband or wife who is a European local. The Europeans don't seem to have any sort of preference when it comes to black, white, or Hispanic, but who knows, maybe they do have a preference, I don't know. My point is that armed conflicts are still going on, and Americans of every color are still being stationed in Europe (as well as around the world) and are still intermarrying and/or begetting babies wherever they are stationed.

You're 25? Then you were born right in between the Persian Gulf War in 1991 and the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan starting in 2001. I promise you that in between those two armed conflicts there were US troops stationed throughout the world, and they were having sex and making babies with local folks.
I am so glad that I did not get picked up but did the picking. Don't seem is correct - you do not understand the nuances of some languages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 01:11 AM

2,657 posts, read 2,102,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
German i'd assume. I'm half German-American/half black. We had a black student union retreat. The the leader of the retreat said "I've noticed a lot of mixed people, raise your hand if you're half white" and like 20 of us raised our hands. He asked the first two what they were mixed with, both said German. He then said okay I'll make it easier, how many of you are half black half German and around 15 of the 20 hands were kept up. This is in Arizona too, not the midwest.
I think geography have a play in the matters as well. Would you think it's more German/Black pairings in the West ?

Old 04-11-2019, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
I don't think there's that much of a correlation between the white ethnic groups and IR dating.

In originally from Long Island, NY and the white individuals most likely to be involved were of Italian descent. However, this might just be due to proportions since most whites from that region are of Italian descent anyways. This is pretty fascinating since Italians and Blacks historically have NOT gotten along too well at all! (at least in the NY metro area)

On the flip side, the whites least-likely to be involved were the preppy WASP types.

One thing that I've always noticed was that the white girl involved almost ALWAYS had a racist dad. Something about racist fathers make girls want to interacially date. Maybe it gives them a deep-down desire to prove that parent wrong or maybe its because many kids are naturally rebellious. Who knows?

I've also noticed that a lot of white girls who claimed that they werent "into black guys" ended up with one when I spy on their Facebooks' or hear about it from the grapevine X amount of years later. Its an interesting world lol
I think the correlation lies in geography along with individual preferences of course.

I could be wrong until i see the stats but Italian descendants are a plurality amongst the white NY communities.

It's different by region especially in the South, I'm in Mississippi, and specifically Black/White pairings. I generally do see more Black Men/White Women than White Men/ Black Women. I'm assuming it's mainly English ( aka American) & Scott-Irish descendants in the mix.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
94 so yeah lol. Hmm when ppl say "the war" I gulf war doesn't really pop into mind so I didn't think he was talking about that. Yup, I'm aware that American troops are stationed all over Europe. I don't know how it works in Europe, but my comment on interracial mixing was referring to the US specifically.
Yep, and these troops generally move back to the US and bring their wives with them.

Around military installations you will see so many interracial marriages that it begins to not even register.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I am so glad that I did not get picked up but did the picking. Don't seem is correct - you do not understand the nuances of some languages.
Well, you're right in the sense that I don't understand what you're trying to say in English.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:12 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,473,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
I think geography have a play in the matters as well. Would you think it's more German/Black pairings in the West ?
I'm not really sure tbh. I think part of it is the fact that there aren't many black people out west, for one. Most cities out west are 5-10% black compared to the south where most major cities are over 50% and a large amount of midwestern cities where the black population is around 30-50% also. So if you live in an area where the majority people are white and there are only a few black people, the chances of you marrying someone who is not black is higher. When it comes to German/Black pairings I'm really not that sure. I'd assume that in the northeast there are a lot of Black/Italian parings, midwest is probs black/german...but for the west coast, especially Arizona, when it comes to white americans, british is the highest ancestry...so it's a bit surprising that German/black is so prevalent. Though one thing I did think of was the VAST amount of midwestern folk who have moved and are continuing to move to AZ so that might be a reason for this too.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I'm not really sure tbh. I think part of it is the fact that there aren't many black people out west, for one. Most cities out west are 5-10% black compared to the south where most major cities are over 50% and a large amount of midwestern cities where the black population is around 30-50% also. So if you live in an area where the majority people are white and there are only a few black people, the chances of you marrying someone who is not black is higher. When it comes to German/Black pairings I'm really not that sure. I'd assume that in the northeast there are a lot of Black/Italian parings, midwest is probs black/german...but for the west coast, especially Arizona, when it comes to white americans, british is the highest ancestry...so it's a bit surprising that German/black is so prevalent. Though one thing I did think of was the VAST amount of midwestern folk who have moved and are continuing to move to AZ so that might be a reason for this too.
The West always have the lowest proportions ofthe black community. Despite that they're cities with a black plurality to majority though. Undoubtedly the chances are higher to date & marry outside one's ethnicity when the numbers are low.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:46 AM

1,094 posts, read 809,824 times
I seen tons of Black and White mixing in my small-town in North Carolina. I think it depends what state in the south because VA, NC, SC, GA and FL are pretty open with inter-racial.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
I seen tons of Black and White mixing in my small-town in North Carolina. I think it depends what state in the south because VA, NC, SC, GA and FL are pretty open with inter-racial.
So is Texas. Not sure about the others. But Texas better be because white, Non Hispanic folks make up less than 50 percent of the total population! LOL

Old 04-17-2019, 09:55 PM

1,094 posts, read 809,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So is Texas. Not sure about the others. But Texas better be because white, Non Hispanic folks make up less than 50 percent of the total population! LOL
Texas would make sense since it's such a cosmopoltion state. Houston is considered one of the most diverse city in the country.
I bet Texas probably has a lot of White and Mexican mixing especially the towns closer to the Mexican border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.