Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:33 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,940,725 times

Advertisements

http://thoughtcatalog.com/maya-kachr...the-northeast/

Funny article!

I have lived in the Northeast my entire life and fit 10 out of 19 things on this list. So, I guess that means I'm a superior a'hole from the Northeast.

Can anyone else relate?

My favorite one is that we basically have a license to not have to be friendly. I also like the one about how CT people complain about CT, when in fact, it's a perfectly fine state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 01:39 PM

728 posts, read 974,133 times
Pretty much. I thought the CT part was about everyone else. Ragging on CT is a way of life, especially the Jets fans

Old 04-23-2015, 03:35 PM

36 posts, read 49,182 times
I have lived in North Carolina my whole life and im guilty of 2, 4, 7, 15, and 19.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:36 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
That list is more accurate about the West Coast people who on CD think they are way more superior to East Coast all the ones except they claim to be a bit more laid back and relaxed.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
That list is more accurate about the West Coast people who on CD think they are way more superior to East Coast all the ones except they claim to be a bit more laid back and relaxed.
Yeah I don't understand that. One of my lifelong best friends who is a New England native, recently lived in San Diego for two years and didn't like it. She said that most SoCal natives (and transplants even) act like SoCal and California in general is paradise. She found it laughable, and even came to realize that many, if not most of them, rarely, or don't even care to travel outside of California. She said that California is not paradise at all.

Last month, she and her husband moved out of San Diego to Orlando, FL and so far they are much happier. They find it refreshing to live in a lush, green, warm environment with affordable housing. She also complained that SoCal was quite superficial, as well as dry and not quite green enough. With the pending 100-year drought just beginning, and the water restrictions that come along with it, it is seriously something to consider if deciding whether to move to the Southwestern U.S. in general. But ultimately it was the extreme cost of living, culture and somewhat dry scenery that made them crave to come back east. She also complained that SoCal doesn't get warm enough, and the Pacific water was so cold.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:01 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
I saw this last week, thought it was great!

Old 04-23-2015, 05:05 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Yeah I don't understand that. One of my lifelong best friends who is a New England native, recently lived in San Diego for two years and didn't like it. She said that most SoCal natives (and transplants even) act like SoCal and California in general is paradise. She found it laughable, and even came to realize that many, if not most of them, rarely, or don't even care to travel outside of California. She said that California is not paradise at all.
My friend from Orange County CA recently told me she is so lucky she lives in "paradise." I was like... uh huh.

Personally I equate paradise with the tropics but that's just me. Southern Florida, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Pacific islands.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
My friend from Orange County CA recently told me she is so lucky she lives in "paradise." I was like... uh huh.

Personally I equate paradise with the tropics but that's just me. Southern Florida, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Pacific islands.
Yeah. I have been to SoCal and spent about 5 days there. After that, the novelty wore off. In fact, it's not even an option for me, because of the extreme cost of living and my goal of purchasing a home soon. The drought situation sucks, too.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:29 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Dude, go to the coasts and hunker down for abuse.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:35 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Yeah. I have been to SoCal and spent about 5 days there. After that, the novelty wore off. In fact, it's not even an option for me, because of the extreme cost of living and my goal of purchasing a home soon. The drought situation sucks, too.
I cannot imagine SoCal being more expensive than Fairfield County for purchasing a house. I'm maybe wrong, but I don't think you're fully aware of the properties out there. If you try to purchase an ocean facing property sure, but somewhere in Riverside is basically dirt cheap.

Of course, I'd never want to live in Riverside, that's another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.