Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 07:48 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperateHobo View Post
None at all.

So long as it meets our requirements, we will move to the moon, or live in the sewers!
This doesn't make any sense.

What sewer would meet your requirements?

Old 04-16-2017, 07:50 PM

69 posts, read 35,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I thought you said you had a section 8 voucher. Okay then, if not, you probably have to live in low income housing. Like an apartment. Section 8 vouchers do not require you to live in a dump--you can even rent a house as long as you are a reliable person who has good references. There is low income housing up in Maine and New Hampshire, heat included, but you would have to live in an apartment complex if you don't have section 8.

But as far as what you said about schools, as a former teacher, we are not abusive, we do not hurt kids, we do not force them to "do stupid subjects, brainwash them." Where on earth do you get that from? You would be helping them if you allowed them to go to school like other kids--the kids around here are not what you are describing AT ALL! Kids around here are nice and cute and fun and helpful. I'm very sorry that somehow your mind has been poisoned like this.
We have had a voucher a few times before, but abandoned them, because they are garbage.

Vouches DO require you to live in a dump. For one, almost no one will take one. Also, where can you find a 3 bedroom house in the good part of town for $500? Nowhere, that is where. Section 8 is crap.

Yeah, we are in low-income housing. The structure is actually nice this time! And the rent is great! But the PEOPLE! Ahhhhh!!! I wish you could shoot them. Or, at least if management managed and law enforcement enforced laws...

Well if you guys have great kids up there, then that is wonderful. But I am still adamantly opposed to every single element of the public school system. I have been to public school. And I watch the news. Just becasue you teach at a great school, do not pretend like kids do not get shot and raped at school. And does your school not teach algebra, gymnastics, history?

Old 04-16-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Always though Kansas was boring, and worried about tornadoes...

But looking at the data, it does look like a doable place.

No sprawling ghettos in Kansas.

No people moving there at all, I think. lol

Decent homeschool laws.

Could be a possibility.

Thank you again for mentioning it.

Of course, the tornadoes scare me. Are they really prevalent?

Old 04-16-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
We have had a voucher a few times before, but abandoned them, because they are garbage.

Vouches DO require you to live in a dump. For one, almost no one will take one. Also, where can you find a 3 bedroom house in the good part of town for $500? Nowhere, that is where. Section 8 is crap.

Yeah, we are in low-income housing. The structure is actually nice this time! And the rent is great! But the PEOPLE! Ahhhhh!!! I wish you could shoot them. Or, at least if management managed and law enforcement enforced laws...

Well if you guys have great kids up there, then that is wonderful. But I am still adamantly opposed to every single element of the public school system. I have been to public school. And I watch the news. Just becasue you teach at a great school, do not pretend like kids do not get shot and raped at school. And does your school not teach algebra, gymnastics, history?
True. No one rational expects to find that for that amount of money. But in Texas, anyway, one isn't limited to $500/month. One pays 1/3 of their income towards housing and sure there is a limit but not that low. And I know someone in Michigan with 3 kids on subsidized housing with a 3 bedroom house. So that is two states where you get more than what $500 can buy you.

I'm not even going to address this madness about public school.....

Old 04-16-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
This doesn't make any sense.

What sewer would meet your requirements?

lol

Like the big old ones in the movies with chambers in them.

If it was biologically safe, I would live in the sewers to avoid the horrible people in America.

NYC has people living in subways. Las Vegas has people living in storm drains. Romania and china as well.

I was using hyperbole. But really. we are looking for crazy options to get away from people and everyone is suggesting apartments and trailer parks in big cities!

Most people are missing the point.

Our expectations are too high they say. It is impossible they say.

Listen, I could go out and buy a $20 tent at walmart and go live in the fields or a state park for free.

It's not impossible. I just want so more ideas.

I have been on the survival section on here, or whatever it is called, and it is all people discussing their million dollar RVs, custom bomb shelters, and massive stashes of food and weapons. Their own windmills and solar fields. That is not self-sufficiency. That is millionaire in the sticks.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:00 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:

Don't believe what you see on the news. Turn off the tv. When I was a kid, no one was every shot or raped at school. It's different now, but still that is REALLY rare. I've never heard of it around here. Millions of nice kids go to school every day without getting raped or shot.

I don't think you're doing your kids any favors by keeping them out of school. Maybe if you live in a horrible, crime ridden area, yes. Not if you're living in a normal area though. You probably should relax your idea of trying to protect your kids from everything because it's always been a hard, cruel world. If they can learn to get along with other kids and not be afraid, they will be strong and able to cope with this world much better. Kids are capable of a lot--they do well when they are out with other kids, just being...kids!

Personally, I hate algebra and math of all kinds but a lot of people love it. Of course most schools have gym--there's nothing wrong with exercise and I don't get what's wrong with algebra, gym, or history. Kids can take from it what they want. No one is brainwashing them or forcing them--just relax a bit and loosen the reins and let those kids be kids. I know you love them and if you lived in a normal place, they would be fine going to school.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
And?

Old 04-16-2017, 08:01 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,698,843 times
I can't believe so many people are entertaining this person. They chose to have not 1 but 5 kids with no means of income and now expects to live at standards others have to work for via handouts. Please don't come to the DMV area. I only feel sorry for your kids.

Go live in the middle of the mountains like they do in life below zero and make your own means. Your Utopia exists 500 miles from the nearest neighbor. That seems to be your only option. Hide yourself from society including doctors.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
lol

Like the big old ones in the movies with chambers in them.

If it was biologically safe, I would live in the sewers to avoid the horrible people in America.

NYC has people living in subways. Las Vegas has people living in storm drains. Romania and china as well.

I was using hyperbole. But really. we are looking for crazy options to get away from people and everyone is suggesting apartments and trailer parks in big cities!

Most people are missing the point.

Our expectations are too high they say. It is impossible they say.

Listen, I could go out and buy a $20 tent at walmart and go live in the fields or a state park for free.

It's not impossible. I just want so more ideas.

I have been on the survival section on here, or whatever it is called, and it is all people discussing their million dollar RVs, custom bomb shelters, and massive stashes of food and weapons. Their own windmills and solar fields. That is not self-sufficiency. That is millionaire in the sticks.
So do that. If you don't appreciate any of the homes that people are in long lines years long desperate to have you are ungrateful.

Also, you can't save anything that way, you said, so go live in a tent and save up your income so that you can buy your little plot with your little trailer.

Although since you only pay $12 that doesn't make any sense, I am only going off what you said.

Nothing wrong with that. I just watched Captain Jack and except for the stealing and some other things I feel he raised those children well that way.

There are no more ideas than the ones you already rejected. your wife already asked about buying an RV and all these options were already discussed and discarded by her already.

you have your $700 disability but you also rely on food stamps. After paying only $12 for housing you surely can save as much as in a tent, but whatever. If you like the tent better.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
I can't believe so many people are entertaining this person. She chose to have not 1 but 5 kids with no means of income and now expects to live at standards others have to work for via handouts. Please don't come to the DMV area. I only feel sorry for your kids. Weren't the Duggars leading a lifestyle like this before it was revealed the eldest son had molested his sisters and the parents covered it up?

Go live in the middle of the mountains like they do in life below zero and make your own means. Your Utopia exists 500 miles from the nearest neighbor. That seems to be your only option. Hide yourself from society including doctors.
He. This is the disabled vet. His wife was already on here wanting to know about buying an RV. they had sewage backed up in their own home but decried the surrounding neighborhood as 'disgusting'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.