Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 PM

371 posts, read 1,106,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
DC's got a ton of stuff and there is much to learn- take a trip down there when you get a chance.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but you know another thing I've seen is some people, even in big cities, only know their own backyard. I was in SF not so long ago and it's amazing how a few people who have never left their town had all the worlds answers.

NYC is amazing, and so too are many places. And now all this NY talk has got me hungry for pizza..
Ive been there. But Dc was not our nations first capital in the first place, NYC was. It is home to the inauguration of the first father of our country.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,767,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBoy1212 View Post
Ive been there. But Dc was not our nations first capital in the first place, NYC was. It is home to the inauguration of the first father of our country.
Does that make it the most politically important city in the world?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM

367 posts, read 1,285,836 times
I've been to the top 12 biggest metros in the country, and hands down NYC is the greatest city of all. However, NYC isn't for everyone because it can be overwhelming. After spending 2 weeks in Manhattan, I had a 1 week trip in LA. The minute I got to LA, it felt so suburban and slow compared to NYC.

NYC is so exciting - nothing compares to it. I haven't been overseas, but I would assume Tokyo is a lot like NYC.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 PM

371 posts, read 1,106,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalnet View Post
I've been to the top 12 biggest metros in the country, and hands down NYC is the greatest city of all. However, NYC isn't for everyone because it can be overwhelming. After spending 2 weeks in Manhattan, I had a 1 week trip in LA. The minute I got to LA, it felt so suburban and slow compared to NYC.

NYC is so exciting - nothing compares to it. I haven't been overseas, but I would assume Tokyo is a lot like NYC.
exactly, its different if you were raised there because you are use to it. NYC is like a high school or college in a rush to get to the next class

Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,501,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalnet View Post

I've been to Tokyo and the streets are busy like New York, but the buidlings are shorter and the people look the same. I didn't care for it as much as I do NYC or London because of these reasons. No Chinatown, no Little Italy, no Little Odessa, Harlem, Spanish Harlem, Red Hook, Soho, Greenwich Village, or any of it... Just Japan.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:20 AM

263 posts, read 798,869 times
Again with the buildings and the slamming of other cultures. Tokyo has new york looking like a picnic. That's what happens when you have an older city with 35 million. Let's talk about the stupidity of Wall Street. There was a rumor that wasn't true about United Airlines today, but new york ran with it and before it was corrected United Airlines stock dwindled to less than half it's pre-stupidity worth. What's even worse, was after the correction, the stock was never able to fully recover. When new york fails again, and it will, Los Angeles will have to pick everyone up like it did during the depression, and get America back on its feet! Media in new york is basically covering L. A., that is, when it isn't needlessly promoting itself. nycop knows this. Los Angeles has a lot of countries under its belt too, economically. There are more different kinds of people in L. A. and California in general because even when it falls, or is on fire, this place is still more attractive than new york. The world over. More languages are spoken here. More businesses are located here. More trade is performed here. And we don't look up to you. You shouldn't have started this thread expecting roses exclusively. new york is important, it's just a pale version of what its people think it is, and that's the truth!Next...

Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,796 times
Default Im a Aussie guy (Australian) that wants to move there

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
truf
hey guys im sure NY is the city to be and thats why i need help to move there any ideas on how to start up...or is any one willing to help me with a sofa till i get my feet on the ground..dont mind paying rent either

Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,796 times
oh my email is [email]marlon.donaire@live.com[/email] please any contact would be great...i am a dancer by night and a recruitment consultant by day

Old 09-09-2008, 05:45 AM

263 posts, read 798,869 times
Oh God, yet another dancer! new york is so B list...

Old 09-09-2008, 07:39 AM

367 posts, read 1,285,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
Again with the buildings and the slamming of other cultures. Tokyo has new york looking like a picnic. That's what happens when you have an older city with 35 million. Let's talk about the stupidity of Wall Street. There was a rumor that wasn't true about United Airlines today, but new york ran with it and before it was corrected United Airlines stock dwindled to less than half it's pre-stupidity worth. What's even worse, was after the correction, the stock was never able to fully recover. When new york fails again, and it will, Los Angeles will have to pick everyone up like it did during the depression, and get America back on its feet! Media in new york is basically covering L. A., that is, when it isn't needlessly promoting itself. nycop knows this. Los Angeles has a lot of countries under its belt too, economically. There are more different kinds of people in L. A. and California in general because even when it falls, or is on fire, this place is still more attractive than new york. The world over. More languages are spoken here. More businesses are located here. More trade is performed here. And we don't look up to you. You shouldn't have started this thread expecting roses exclusively. new york is important, it's just a pale version of what its people think it is, and that's the truth!Next...
OMG! Lies, lies, and more lies. More languages spoken in LA than NYC? Haaaahaaaahaaaa. That's the funniest thing I've heard in along time! In LA, the first language is Mexican spanish, English, some Asian, some Amermenian, and a little persian.

More businesses located in LA than NYC. Haaahaaahaa. Another funny joke! the GDP of NYC is probably more than the state of Ca.

Oilpainter, you are making the funniest lies I have ever heard! If you don't think you are, then you have never been to NYC.

Like I said before, LA is just a sprawling suburb. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

LA is home to some nice talent. But that LA talent spends most of their time in Las Vegas, and not in LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.