Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:22 PM

304 posts, read 904,912 times

Advertisements

austin lol...

i got a good chuckle.....seems freakin boring there

tell someone in west hollywood your from "cool" austin....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 02:26 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Uh...Austin is cooler than L.A. sorry breh. Nice upper class people >>>> a third-world city dominated by illegal immigrants in street gangs and avoiding earthquakes and mudslides.

You give Texans a bad name.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:27 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Woah. at least California obviously doesn't have the sole claim to elitism.
TX has its share of problems. I'm just saying....some people in L.A. seem to think it's the greatest place, when in reality everyone from other parts of the country think it's a nightmare and wouldn't live there even if you paid them to, and people much prefer SF or even SD/OC.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:29 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,603,722 times
Sure. But, its the way you said it, not that you said it at all.
It's the fact you felt the need to bash on lower class people and 3rd world immigrants.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:30 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
austin lol...

Roflcopter. I just read a thread about how lame weho is. I've been there. It's a seedy dump.

L.A. has nothing truly cool, it's pretend movie cool...haight-ashbury, lower east side manhattan, austin, even parts of Chicago, blow anything in L.A. out of the water.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:36 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,112,570 times
Texas is home to the most F-500 companies in the U.S., highest job growth in the country, affordable, has so many different looks to the place. Plus it's the second most populous state with some of the largest cities in the country.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:49 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,439,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Roflcopter. I just read a thread about how lame weho is. I've been there. It's a seedy dump.

L.A. has nothing truly cool, it's pretend movie cool...haight-ashbury, lower east side manhattan, austin, even parts of Chicago, blow anything in L.A. out of the water.
This is really funny. You basically lost all your credibility when you said "I read a thread...." and you based your entire point of view off that. I guess it is safe to say that you have not been to L.A.

Look, I can do the same thing: Is Austin, Texas overrated? - Yahoo! Answers
Looks like these folks think Austin sucks^. Just a word of advice: next time you make an argument, don't make fun of poorer people and then base your opinion off something you read on the INTERNET. If you had actually been to L.A. you might have had an argument, but it sounds like you have not.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,501,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
austin lol...

I'd love to see you go to Austin, walk into a biker bar, and then talk that ****. Fact is, people around the country think of people in Hollywood as a bunch of glamour boys or girly girls. Austin is real.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:06 PM

132 posts, read 351,143 times
Default Native Texan

Why do people move here? Its cheap compared to wherever they came from.

Some people move here also because of a combo of cheap/warm weather.

L.A. probably has more world wide cool points, I'm sure people all over the world have hear of L.A. because of all the movie business there.

Not sure if anywhere in Texas competes with L.A. world wide cool points.

That being said Austin has many progressive, "green", liberal types as well

Old 12-07-2008, 06:20 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
I'd love to see you go to Austin, walk into a biker bar, and then talk that ****. Fact is, people around the country think of people in Hollywood as a bunch of glamour boys or girly girls. Austin is real.
Austin is full of emo kids and bums. I still love Austin but the people living there can be a bit too much to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.